HEY MENA

82 posts in this topic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
on my 2nd cup.........I am starting to wake now.

La Princessa is tearing around the house, I think she might have taken a slurp if coffee..lol.

Major decisions being made in my house regarding uscis and ####### like that. :wacko::wacko:

My son was laid off from his job on Friday, my daughter said her employer (Baker's Square) is closing another 30 stores. I watched 3 coworkers get laid off last month. hmmmmm anyone else seeing this?

Jackie

Happy Sunday, MENA! I don't post here often but wanted to repy to Jackie's post. I was just laid off from my job Friday, too, due to a company downsize. It seems like its everywhere. :( Now both hubby and I must find jobs :unsure::blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
on my 2nd cup.........I am starting to wake now.

La Princessa is tearing around the house, I think she might have taken a slurp if coffee..lol.

Major decisions being made in my house regarding uscis and ####### like that. :wacko::wacko:

My son was laid off from his job on Friday, my daughter said her employer (Baker's Square) is closing another 30 stores. I watched 3 coworkers get laid off last month. hmmmmm anyone else seeing this?

Jackie

Yep! I see it.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ahhh no luck on sleeping, puppy is terrorizing the house....

Jac, does your daughter serve tables, or is she like a manager or something..i do have connections with Applebees...or.....TCF is ALWAYS hiring, if she was ever interested, or anyone else u know, give me a holler...

why cant the sun be shining today, like it was yesterday, oh wait, i know, thats cuz yesterday i worked all night and today im off....oh well, this is life....still planning on getting some stuff done today

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm going to book a ticket to NYC and DC to go look for jobs out East! I hear ya, Jackies!!!!!!!

I'm having a sad day. Not really wanting to post exactly why though... but I'm going to try and get out today anyway though even though I feel like just going back to bed....

:crying::crying::crying:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone!! Hope everyone's sunday is going well...my hubby's a little bummed out....it's his last week in egypt :( i'm very sentimental and i'm always counting days and hours and minutes...so i was telling myself--omg, this is the last sunday that we're chatting on yahoo!! lol...but then i was like, this is the last weekend he'll be visiting the villageside also...so i can imagine howwww difficult this week is for him... :( insha allah khair...all will go well....

I hope everyone's day is going well and I'm praying that we hear about some more visas today, insha allah!!!!!!!!!!

:)(L)(F)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm here. I have sooo much work (real work from work) to do so I'm not all happy happy joy joy. More like happy joy. Better by a thousand times more than a week ago though!!!!

I can't reply to everyone 'cause kids are buggin' me to go to aunties for a visit. AJ1 you are incredible. Simple incredible.

Jackie I'm not seeing it but I think because I work in healthcare. My mom and dad always said to stick in a field related to death and taxes since no matter what you can always count on those. There is a hiring freeze in some parts of a few of the hospitals that we manage though but no actual layoffs.

Nagi I cant imagine what you go through healthwise all the time so I can't truthfully say I relate but I have been in a rheumatic flare up for the past few days so I can relate to not feeling so hot. It's not bothering me at all though since I'm so darn happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Ok maybe a little it is 'cause physically it's just painful to do all that needs to be done but alhumdulilah for it all and for the fact that my kids are now old enough to help out a little bit.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm here. I have sooo much work (real work from work) to do so I'm not all happy happy joy joy. More like happy joy. Better by a thousand times more than a week ago though!!!!

I can't reply to everyone 'cause kids are buggin' me to go to aunties for a visit. AJ1 you are incredible. Simple incredible.

Jackie I'm not seeing it but I think because I work in healthcare. My mom and dad always said to stick in a field related to death and taxes since no matter what you can always count on those. There is a hiring freeze in some parts of a few of the hospitals that we manage though but no actual layoffs.

Nagi I cant imagine what you go through healthwise all the time so I can't truthfully say I relate but I have been in a rheumatic flare up for the past few days so I can relate to not feeling so hot. It's not bothering me at all though since I'm so darn happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Ok maybe a little it is 'cause physically it's just painful to do all that needs to be done but alhumdulilah for it all and for the fact that my kids are now old enough to help out a little bit.

Okay, I'm kinda embaressed to say this, but.... it's kinda comforting to know I'm not the only one feeling like ####### and in pain everyday :blush:

I hope your rheumatic problems get better quickly Bridget and you will soon have the comfort of your loved one by your side :luv:

Nagi - again, you are in my prayers (L)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm going to book a ticket to NYC and DC to go look for jobs out East! I hear ya, Jackies!!!!!!!

I'm having a sad day. Not really wanting to post exactly why though... but I'm going to try and get out today anyway though even though I feel like just going back to bed....

(((HUGS))) (F)

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

:star:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Sunday everyone.

Nagi and Bridget I pray you are both feeling better soon.

Melinda hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Your Interview is coming soooooo soon. I know you are getting excited. I know I am excited for you. You are a very positive and supportive person here on VJ. I am praying for you every night that you will get your visa in hand very quicklu after the Interview. I want you to be one of those that have it in hand within 8 days after the Interview. You deserve it.

I feel much better today than yesterday. I was so dragging yesterday. It was my Daughter's Prom Friday night and I got no sleep Thursday night then spent all day Friday helping her get things ready and taking care of bills....And of course following her around for pictures all day. Which Pictures turned out so awesome!!!! I did not get home until late Friday night. SO yesterday I was so yuck feeling and sooooo lazy feeling. Anyway, today is better.

Hope all have a Happy Sunday.

Cheryl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

okay...i feel like ####### today and i just want to cry...there's so much to do and in so little time, my hubby is stressed as ever about finding a job....please, we need your prayers...he's not gonna relax until he gets a job....and i need the patience and strength until then too...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You ladies are all so very kind in wishing me well. The reason I got up out of the bed to go to church was to 1) Worship my maker, 2) call out the names of those who wait for their visa's before the altar, and 3) receive a blessing. One and two were done in all sincerity and number 3 was obtained . :dance:

AJ1, it is nice to see you post. (L)

Bridget, Im in the same boat. There is sooo much to do and get done that my head is about to explode. I hope you feel better in no time, so keep eating those pickled veggies! (F)

PB, Im praying for your health to return, as well! (F)

Those of you who face uncertain times as far as your jobs, may God enable and strengthen you and ease your worry. He can surely bless, heal, protect and deliver if we give Him a positive confession of doubt and fear of our present needs. :yes:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Indeed, a Happy Mena Sunday to all! Everyone who is not being their best and health, I really wish for better days and recovery. Life is never stable, and we are given test after test by God, and there is no cumfort zone to count on except through prayer. As we brave through another week, I wish for everyone and myself, to make the right choices, not to repeat bad choices, and follow your heart and the whistpers of guidance from the Almighty.

This way, we will never be led astray.

Congratulations to everyone and I wish for a blessed week!

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.