MelindaandTarek

HEY MENA

82 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sora why is he worrying already about the job thing if he isn't even here yet? Does he hope to have something lined up as soon as his plane lands? I admire him for that but omg he's gonna drive himself nuts if he expects that!!!

My husband is just visiting people now each day and saying goodbye. He got his stuff translated and all set to go. Just the part where he says goodbye to his sisters will be heartwrenching. I don't look forward to that part of it at all. They cried each day we were in Alexandria. I hope they're strong for this. :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sora – I am sure its hard for ur SO and also must be a such a feeling for you…knowing u will be reunited soon….awwwwwwwwww!!

:luv:

I'm feeling better....just spoke to my hubby for over 4 hours...alhamdulillah...we spoke for about 2 hours this morning and he really wasn't feeling well..he was really depressed, he's worried about his mother, who lives alone--he's the youngest and all his sisters are married and live far away...and he's gotten into the habit of visiting her every week since he moved out...so he was comfortable, knowing that he could check up on her often and she was also comfortable, knowing that he's just a phone call away.....on top of that, he's dealing with the whole job search issue...ugh!!...he often needs some time alone, to pray and calm down a little..

it's completely understandable that he would be in the state that he's in....i can't stand to see him like that.. :( i just pray that Allah gives him the patience he needs to get through this part of the journey.

how's everyone else doing?? hope you're all feeling better!! take care (L)

I know what you mean sarah, as everyone else here does too. My husband is the youngest and his mother's little boy, she is wonderful, as she cried to me every day I was there to visit this winter that all she wants for her son is to have a happy married life. She knows the only way is for him to come here, and even though he will not be able to see her every eid or be a phone call away, as you said, she wants him to be happy with me here.

I understand the worry and the job problem, everyone knows its not an easy ride when they get here, its actually a whole different scenario, with new dilemmas and new outlooks. I wish you the best and all those new spouses that are coming in.

As for me and people who have been waiting, those worries seem to be a welcome, as right now the biggest pain is him not being here, being constantly down, constantly wishing for an outcome and just praying your heart out that this wait will come to an end and to begin thinking of a future. Its better to be thinking about a future, with all its worry and uncertainty then to be unable to even think about one.

Ya give him time alone a bit, and Allah will show him the way. The mother, then the wife, two most important people in a man's life, he knows that too and he just needs a little time to himself to find his inner peace.

You be the great strong wife you are and plan your things for your side and I know when he lands here, he will only be thrilled to be with his wife.

Tammy (F)

you're such a sweetheart, thank you so much for your kind words! :luv::luv: i LOVE VJ!!!!!!! :)(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well i can't say good morning any more cause thats past. I haven't been online at all today til now. I've been in bed not feeling well and very depressed. Kamal is going thru some depression and i feel like i'm holding him back from finding any kind of job cause i need insurance that is gonna cover me and all my meds and illness. Ummmmmm, we've been arguing and that isn't good and i sometimes feel just sad. I'm glad to see most of everybody's day was good. Jackie, I'm a bill collector and you don't know how many people i talk to every day that just can't find work. Racine's unemployment rate is 10.3%. It sucks. Anyway have a good evening everyone, going back to bed i think.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Timeline
Sora why is he worrying already about the job thing if he isn't even here yet? Does he hope to have something lined up as soon as his plane lands? I admire him for that but omg he's gonna drive himself nuts if he expects that!!!

My husband is just visiting people now each day and saying goodbye. He got his stuff translated and all set to go. Just the part where he says goodbye to his sisters will be heartwrenching. I don't look forward to that part of it at all. They cried each day we were in Alexandria. I hope they're strong for this. :(

that's kinda what he wants...lol...we figured we could start posting his resume up everywhere and see if we can get any call backs asap...i'm still in school, full time and i'm really cramming to finish early so i can find a job asap also...i'm living with my family right now...and when he gets here, that won't be the case, so he's carrying the stress of supporting the both of us and he's worried that he won't find a decent job before he spends all the money he's saved over the years...

and yes, i can't stand the thought of him saying good bye to family...and friends, and everyone...it really is heartbreaking... :crying: i called his mother to say hello last week and she was sooo depressed..it really breaks my heart..insha Allah all will go well and Allah will make this process easy on all of us..

i pray that everyone is reunited with their loved one soooon! and that the whole process is easy for you all insha Allah, from the very beginning and forever!!

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

JeanneVictoria – I am glad that Wael is doing so well and I wish the best for the both of you…

Tammy – I hope your husband is feeling better! And your posts are so warming and encouraging I so enjoy reading them!!

Sora – I can understand where your SO is coming from as well….I am sure it is hard on him and his family to leave….and to leave his mom

Bridget – I hope that things go well for your husband and that his sisters find peace in knowing he is leaving to be with his love

Terrie - (F)(L)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What Melinda said.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

that's kinda what he wants...lol...we figured we could start posting his resume up everywhere and see if we can get any call backs asap...i'm still in school, full time and i'm really cramming to finish early so i can find a job asap also...i'm living with my family right now...and when he gets here, that won't be the case, so he's carrying the stress of supporting the both of us and he's worried that he won't find a decent job before he spends all the money he's saved over the years...

and yes, i can't stand the thought of him saying good bye to family...and friends, and everyone...it really is heartbreaking... :crying: i called his mother to say hello last week and she was sooo depressed..it really breaks my heart..insha Allah all will go well and Allah will make this process easy on all of us..

i pray that everyone is reunited with their loved one soooon! and that the whole process is easy for you all insha Allah, from the very beginning and forever!!

Same here with Akram's family especially his mom :( . I never thought of that part until he talked about his mom crying :crying: and that really breaks my heart. I told him, take this time you have and spend it with your family. He told me he would first get all his papers translated and the ticket, and then spend whatever left with his family.

Our happiness means their sadness. I can imagine how hard it must be for them, and this is part of life. But I told him to always reassure them that he'll always be in contact with them insha Allah, and we'll visit them as soon as we are allowed to insha Allah.

(F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Timeline
What Melinda said.

lol. i second that. ;)

Melinda, you're a sweetheart! (L)

(F)(F)(F)

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What Melinda said.

lol. i second that. ;)

Melinda, you're a sweetheart! (L)

(F)(F)(F)

awwwwwwwww...right back atcha Sora :luv:

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline

oooooooh!! how can i forget???

so i found out about this amaaaaazing website today!! lol....it's www.oovoo.com ....you download the program, it's kinda like yahoo--but you can call anywhere in the us and canada for free....AND, anyone overseas can make calls to us and canada for free as well.....oh, its from pc to phone....so i showed it to my hubby today and told him to let all his family and friends know about it so they can call him whenever they want...i'm assuming all you'd need is decent internet connection...

i'll post this in the off topic forum....it's an amazing help for long distance couples and for keeping in touch with family once they're here!!!

i definitely recommend giving it a try.. (F)(F)

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Well i can't say good morning any more cause thats past. I haven't been online at all today til now. I've been in bed not feeling well and very depressed. Kamal is going thru some depression and i feel like i'm holding him back from finding any kind of job cause i need insurance that is gonna cover me and all my meds and illness. Ummmmmm, we've been arguing and that isn't good and i sometimes feel just sad. I'm glad to see most of everybody's day was good. Jackie, I'm a bill collector and you don't know how many people i talk to every day that just can't find work. Racine's unemployment rate is 10.3%. It sucks. Anyway have a good evening everyone, going back to bed i think.

I totally feel ur pain there. The arguing sucks doesn't it? I just wish I could spend my depression in bed instead having to take care of everybody. I'm not doin too good and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on EVERYTHING. That's all I can say for now. I'll pray for u if u two if u will pray for us as well. deal?

:star:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

feel better, guys!! (L)(L)(L)

what is in the air today???..

If you never knew

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

To tell you the truth

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

--Westlife

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I totally feel ur pain there. The arguing sucks doesn't it? I just wish I could spend my depression in bed instead having to take care of everybody. I'm not doin too good and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on EVERYTHING. That's all I can say for now. I'll pray for u if u two if u will pray for us as well. deal?

Prayers for you too Amal.

Thanks

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Prayers for you too Amal.

Thanks

My prayers are with both of you (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.