Roy&katy

k-1 interview denied temorarily?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Im the petitioner in usa. We met in the bahamas in august 2007, We met on the internet in 2005. We submitted, pictures, letters, emails, birthday cards, presents, phone records, and much more proof, and the Consular officer in guayaquil ecuador told her today in the interview that he is requesting an interview with us as a couple and I have to come to another interview with her. Has anyone heard or experienced this? He was asking if i had come to quito. Thanks for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've never heard of it, man, I'm sorry, that's a bit worrying :(

Try not to freak out I guess. He hasn't turned you down or rejected the filing or anything. I think for you to have gotten this far you're probably okay, and it sounds like you have ample evidence. I have heard of interviewers wanting more evidence but never of the interviewer asking to see the US petitioner, too.

You've met in person in the past 2 years, which fulfills the requirement. Maybe it's a problem that you met outside of either of your countries?

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Im the petitioner in usa. We met in the bahamas in august 2007, We met on the internet in 2005. We submitted, pictures, letters, emails, birthday cards, presents, phone records, and much more proof, and the Consular officer in guayaquil ecuador told her today in the interview that he is requesting an interview with us as a couple and I have to come to another interview with her. Has anyone heard or experienced this? He was asking if i had come to quito. Thanks for your help.

Same thing happen to us, our was a CR1 tho, the CO requested that I needed to be there for a second interview it was totally unexpected so I had to travel and be there with him for the interview,he was granted the visa after that, it wasn't as easy as I thought but thank GOD the Co was conviced ours was a bona fide marriage.

just plan your trip ASAP and do as they say,everything will be fine.

Good luck

God Bless

Timeline
I've never heard of it, man, I'm sorry, that's a bit worrying :(

Try not to freak out I guess. He hasn't turned you down or rejected the filing or anything. I think for you to have gotten this far you're probably okay, and it sounds like you have ample evidence. I have heard of interviewers wanting more evidence but never of the interviewer asking to see the US petitioner, too.

You've met in person in the past 2 years, which fulfills the requirement. Maybe it's a problem that you met outside of either of your countries?

I guess its why, but i would have went to the interview if i would have known, but it said on the website, only the beneficiary was allowed to the interview. and i read about many couples who have met in "neutral" countries, with no problems....i guess it all depends on the individual consul officer. :(

Timeline

Same thing happen to us, our was a CR1 tho, the CO requested that I needed to be there for a second interview it was totally unexpected so I had to travel and be there with him for the interview,he was granted the visa after that, it wasn't as easy as I thought but thank GOD the Co was conviced ours was a bona fide marriage.

just plan your trip ASAP and do as they say,everything will be fine.

Good luck

God Bless

yes i dont mind going down there....i would go down there tomorrow if they wanted, but the embassy is saying august...... and thats a huge swing in plans. I know not to plan anything for sure, but i was hoping it would be a few weeks...or even a month.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly, I doubt your place of meeting has anything to do with your situation. The I-129f was adudicated and the ConOff is not suppose to re-adjudicate a petition. There has to have been some lack of evidence proving a bonafide relationship or other circumstance that prompted the ConOff to seek additional validation.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is strange; I too thought that for K1 interviews, only the beneficiary was required to attend. Also, the K1 interviews occur only at the Guayaquil consulate, so why would you be asked to go to the Quito embassy? It sounds to me as though you need much more information on what the Officer's thinking is.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Honestly, I doubt your place of meeting has anything to do with your situation. The I-129f was adudicated and the ConOff is not suppose to re-adjudicate a petition. There has to have been some lack of evidence proving a bonafide relationship or other circumstance that prompted the ConOff to seek additional validation.

Yea I thought so too, but we sent phone records, emails, birthday gifts, many many pictures, wedding plans, since 2005 and she even took emails between her and my family and mother. So im not sure what else he is wanting, he didnt say denied, just gave her a letter that said interview should have fiance present. I spend 48 dollars this morning buy pin numbers to talk to the embassy, and the only thing they could tell me was....do you want to schedule the next interview? So i have no idea what the consul wants me to bring

Timeline
This is strange; I too thought that for K1 interviews, only the beneficiary was required to attend. Also, the K1 interviews occur only at the Guayaquil consulate, so why would you be asked to go to the Quito embassy? It sounds to me as though you need much more information on what the Officer's thinking is.

Well i guess his question was....why hasnt he came to quito to visit. And she told him the truth, i started a new job, and didnt have any time off, but could go to the bahamas much faster(it seemed) and be back to work sooner. And it says on the guayaquil website, the ONLY person allowed in the interview was the fiance benef, that no usa petitioner could come. I just wish i knew what they wanted.....or.............. i dunno

Well i guess his question was....why hasnt he came to quito to visit. And she told him the truth, i started a new job, and didnt have any time off, but could go to the bahamas much faster(it seemed) and be back to work sooner. And it says on the guayaquil website, the ONLY person allowed in the interview was the fiance benef, that no usa petitioner could come. I just wish i knew what they wanted.....or.............. i dunno

Hi:

We also had a sort of similar situation,because we got married in the Dominican Republic instead of El Salvador therefore the CO got suspitious why we didn't get married in our homeland with friends and family?? go figure!!! anyway I don't understand why do you have to wait till August for the second interview if I were you I'll try to get in touch with the embassy and try to schedule it for an earlier date,in our case the CO told my husband that as soon as I get there,we should show up at the embassy with no prior appointment or anything,so 4 days later we hd our interview and the visa was granted right away.

Good luck and keep us posted.

God bless

Abby

Timeline

Hi:

We also had a sort of similar situation,because we got married in the Dominican Republic instead of El Salvador therefore the CO got suspitious why we didn't get married in our homeland with friends and family?? go figure!!! anyway I don't understand why do you have to wait till August for the second interview if I were you I'll try to get in touch with the embassy and try to schedule it for an earlier date,in our case the CO told my husband that as soon as I get there,we should show up at the embassy with no prior appointment or anything,so 4 days later we hd our interview and the visa was granted right away.

God bless

Abby

I hope we can do that, but when i call to the embassy, its just some girls that schedule apointments telling me...august 6....and I said I need to talk with someone with the consul because I planned on going there in april, and they just tell me august.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Wow, hearing stories like this makes me want to be present during the interview.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Hi:

God bless

Abby

I hope we can do that, but when i call to the embassy, its just some girls that schedule apointments telling me...august 6....and I said I need to talk with someone with the consul because I planned on going there in april, and they just tell me august.

Very unfortunate,is horrible how they'll make you wait for 5 months,this is unreasonable!!!!!!!! keep calling the embassy at this point you have nothing to loose or contact your senator or representative to make an inquiry for you and revised your case. I thouth the El Salvador embassy was one of the worst but seeing this happening in Quito just makes me wonder....

Timeline

Hi:

God bless

Abby

Very unfortunate,is horrible how they'll make you wait for 5 months,this is unreasonable!!!!!!!! keep calling the embassy at this point you have nothing to loose or contact your senator or representative to make an inquiry for you and revised your case. I thouth the El Salvador embassy was one of the worst but seeing this happening in Quito just makes me wonder....

yes and the letter they gave her keeps saying bring your husband to ecuador to interview with you, and have a marriage interview, but we are not even married...Im not sure what they want. I sent the information to my senator and they are going to ask the consul what is it that they are looking for.. because the letter they gave her said bring items with rent and bills in each other names, and that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
yes and the letter they gave her keeps saying bring your husband to ecuador to interview with you, and have a marriage interview, but we are not even married...Im not sure what they want. I sent the information to my senator and they are going to ask the consul what is it that they are looking for.. because the letter they gave her said bring items with rent and bills in each other names, and that.

It seems like they are unaware this is a K-1 interview not a K-3 nor CR! Or maybe they used the same format for every second interview letter, this is all so confusing! What they are asking you to bring is what they ask for married couples.

Have you tried sending an email to the Embassy? Their email should be on the website, include your case number and explain your situation and ask them what they want.

I hope you are able to solve this soon!

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.