tzeksman

Can we still avail ourselves of James Shortcuts??

12 posts in this topic

Ok let me give you helpful people the rundown...as you can see from my timeline my wife and I recieved the approval of our I-130 on March 13, it was two months earlier than I ever expected it and with that being said, I had planned on using James shortcuts when I "finally" (little did I know I'd be one of the more fortunate ones) recived the NOA2. We had planned to get together on the phone and have her fill out the DS-3032 Choice of Agent and DS-230 and also she was going to get all of her documentation together I was going to have the choice of agent form in hand and ready to send out when the time came. We had actually made plans the day before I found out that we had been approved, to take care of that by following weekend. We did so and had it not been for Holy week in the philippines she could have sent it all to me by now but it looks as if its going to have to wait until Mondayish. Ok, my question is other than possibly loosing a week or so I could have gained by having the DS-3032 etc in hand before the approval, could I still.... or would it still be prudent, or worth my while to use the shortcuts when i recieve her forms?? Shes going to Fed ex them to me and i should hopefully have them by the end of next week. One other thing I know theres no hard and fast rules as to how long it takes but on average, in view of our timeline and the fact that our stuff should shortly if not already have been recieved by the NVC could we expect it to be processed and forwarded to the Embassy?? Our son was 2 months old on the 15th and I miss them both crazily!!! Anyway thanks for any helpful suggestions or comments.

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well now is the time for her to get all her doc. together and send to you if your going to agent. congrats on approval

you can have her e-mail choice of agent also so if you get case number from nvc and if they send out ds-3032 she can just e-mail just make sure she get auto response message after sending. if she sends you forms before they send anything out then you can send form but it is easier to e-mail and you still have like 6 week before ds-230 is due congrats and good luck need anymore help let us know nvc number is 603 334 0700 call tuesday and sat morming is when they update auto message system

Edited by vbtbmrt

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ok let me give you helpful people the rundown...as you can see from my timeline my wife and I recieved the approval of our I-130 on March 13, it was two months earlier than I ever expected it and with that being said, I had planned on using James shortcuts when I "finally" (little did I know I'd be one of the more fortunate ones) recived the NOA2. We had planned to get together on the phone and have her fill out the DS-3032 Choice of Agent and DS-230 and also she was going to get all of her documentation together I was going to have the choice of agent form in hand and ready to send out when the time came. We had actually made plans the day before I found out that we had been approved, to take care of that by following weekend. We did so and had it not been for Holy week in the philippines she could have sent it all to me by now but it looks as if its going to have to wait until Mondayish. Ok, my question is other than possibly loosing a week or so I could have gained by having the DS-3032 etc in hand before the approval, could I still.... or would it still be prudent, or worth my while to use the shortcuts when i recieve her forms?? Shes going to Fed ex them to me and i should hopefully have them by the end of next week. One other thing I know theres no hard and fast rules as to how long it takes but on average, in view of our timeline and the fact that our stuff should shortly if not already have been recieved by the NVC could we expect it to be processed and forwarded to the Embassy?? Our son was 2 months old on the 15th and I miss them both crazily!!! Anyway thanks for any helpful suggestions or comments.

I would just email the choice of agent. Isn't that explained in the shortcuts? You'll have the DS 230 in time to send it in.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Well actually its not explained in the shortcuts, but from my research i think its been discussed in a post or two, of people having sucessfully done so by email. I might just try that, or have my wife email that I should say

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Well actually its not explained in the shortcuts, but from my research i think its been discussed in a post or two, of people having sucessfully done so by email. I might just try that, or have my wife email that I should say

Actually, it is (choice of agent email) is well explained in the shortcut, please read it carefully.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Actually, it is (choice of agent email) is well explained in the shortcut, please read it carefully.

ok yeah i found that now thanks for re directing me to that Ill try that and hope it works, i'd like to have confirmation in less than the stated period of time which by email is about 2 weeks, anyways i think i will do both.....send the email and have the wife send the signed document and send it sometime after the email is sent, in other words when i recieve it from her. Anyways thanks for having me review that i somehow scanned over the first time and missed it

Edited by tzeksman

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tzeksman,

It took two months for my wife to received her DS-3022 form in Philippines. By the time she received it, I already mailed the visa fee and done with I-864.

So I suggest to at least do the DS-3032 choice of agent shortcut. Email it or have your wife download the form, signed, and mail it to you or NVC directly. Either way is a lot faster than actually waiting for the original DS-3032 from NVC.

Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

just to let you know you can either email or paper it up to you.

most of us Vjer use email and we are really succesful in using them

if you both just becare your case might get confuse.

and there is nothing to worry about and worry to much when you received your

noa2. just get your spouse to get ready with all the form for the nvc process.

that is the first step you should do. don't worry to much on james short cut.

if you know what you doing it will hurst your case and get delay than helping speed up the process

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

Timeline

well if you e-mail and you get this response

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS AUTOMATED NOTIFICATION

Thank you for your recent inquiry to the National Visa Center. This

automated email is to notify you that we have received your inquiry. We

prioritize our emails in the order in which it was received, and will

respond to your inquiry as soon as possible

if you get this response from nvc you do not need to send paper form it will slow down your case

every step from nvc takes 2 weeks to process so dont get to excited about the time delay of you follow the advice from the shortcuts you will save 6 week to 3 month so good luck

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

ok yeah i found that now thanks for re directing me to that Ill try that and hope it works, i'd like to have confirmation in less than the stated period of time which by email is about 2 weeks, anyways i think i will do both.....send the email and have the wife send the signed document and send it sometime after the email is sent, in other words when i recieve it from her. Anyways thanks for having me review that i somehow scanned over the first time and missed it

FYI, I just created a US Yahoo email address for my wife and took care of it for her, in her name.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

FYI, I just created a US Yahoo email address for my wife and took care of it for her, in her name.

i would of done that also but didnt know if they would track ip address and didnt want to break the law in doing so

but yes very good idea in doing so

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We emailed my Husband's DS-3032 - had to do it twice. I called them after about a week and they didn't have a record of it so suggested I email it again, which I did. So took about 10 days for them to acknowledge it.

My personal opinion is that you should choose one or the other, email or hard copy. Every time we send something to NVC someone has to open it and check the file etc, so we are then just doubling up their work and slowing them down.

But, as I said, that's just my opinion.

Good luck :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.