Carlawarla

Using her K1 Visa

20 posts in this topic

Hello All,

When my fiance finally has her K1 in hand, how much time does she have to enter the country with it?

I think we have 90 days to marry once she enters.

Also, any feedback on how long the process takes lately from mailing the I-129F to Nebraska Center, until the NOA2 would be appreciated. I've heard anywhere from 2-4 months. This is assuming no RFEs.

Thanks,

Gene

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

6 months

& congrats :thumbs:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Hello All,

When my fiance finally has her K1 in hand, how much time does she have to enter the country with it?

Also, any feedback on how long the process takes lately from mailing the I-129F to Nebraska Center, until the NOA2 would be appreciated. I've heard anywhere from 2-4 months. This is assuming no RFEs.

Thanks,

Gene

Hello,

She has 6 months to enter the US (there is an expiry date on the visa itself), and you are right about the 90 days to marry once she enters. It took us 25 days from I-129 to NOA2, but we went through the Vermont Center. Check on the timelines for the Nebraska Center. That should give you a general idea.

Good Luck :)

AOS, EAD & AP

Aug 3- AOS EAD & AP packet sent to Chicago

Aug 7- USCIS received packet

Aug 15- NOA1 for all 3

Aug 22- Biometrics notice received in mail

Aug 26- Case transferred to CSC

Aug 28- Biometrics appt

Aug 31- Case received by CSC

Sept 5- AOS touched ( didn't know what a "touch" was until today) :)

Sept 7- Touched

Sept 14- Touched

Sept 15- Touched

Sept 21- AOS APPROVED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sept 22- Touched and email received in the wee hours of the morning saying welcome notice was mailed Sept 21

Sept 27- Touched and Email received that my case approved and that an approval notice was mailed today!! Huh??

Sept 28- Touched

Sept 29- Received my greencard and welcome notice :)

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

7/30/08 I-751 sent today

8/01/08 Received in VT

8/07/08 Check cashed

8/11/08 NOA received - 1 year extension

5/08/09 Biometrics appt---finally, after what........nine months

5/12/09 Congratulations letter received--that was fast :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

The timing all depends on where you are filing and your individual case, ours went pretty quickly, but some take quite awhile

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: Timeline

Gene,

Look at the visa - she'll find an expiration date on it. She must leave her country for uninterrupted travel to the USA before that expiration date.

Yodrak

Hello All,

Thanks,

Gene

Gene,

Look at the visa - she'll find an expiration date on it. She must leave her country for uninterrupted travel to the USA before that expiration date.

Yodrak

what is meant by " uninterrupted travel" ?? I have to return to my home country for the visa interview as I am currently living in another. (in asia) I was planning to return here ( asia)after the K1visa is granted to close off bank accounts etc, and pick up a few things. I wanted to keep the accounts open so I can use my visa card while travelling home.

by uninterrupted do you mean no travel after arriving in the USA?? Please inform me if you know where there is a link to this information.

thanks. Lisa

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Visa Journey!

The simple answer is that you must have your K1 visa processed at a USCIS POE on or before the expiration date shown on your visa. Going to your native country en route should have no relevance. Actually - trying to be cynical and playing devil's advocate for a moment - it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the airport staff took a bit closer look at your paperwork and/or bags if your ticket shows that your journey started out in Asia rather than because you went home on the way to America. Of course that shouldn't happen, but it doesn't mean it won't.

Anyway, regarding leaving the USA again ... Your K1 visa is one time use only. Normally you have to wait until you receive your 'Green Card' before you can travel abroad and return to the USA (or its territories) freely.

If you have some kind of emergency you can apply to the USCIS for clearance to leave and re-enter the USA again. Don't risk leaving without that unless you want to go through all the hassle of having to re-apply for another visa! Having said that, there have been a few cases reported here of people who managed to get their K1 visa updated and re-issued. I wouldn't want to take a chance on that happening though.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion?

All the best,

Sheila

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It took us 86 days for our approval from Nebraska. Good Luck!!

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello All,

Thanks,

Gene

Please fill in your tiomeline it is very important in calculating the statistics and average times of completion on this board thank you... good luck on yuor journey

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: Timeline

Lisa,

Uninterrupted travel means that you take 'the next plane out' from intermediate stops to continue the journey, you can't stop off somewhere enroute for a few weeks to take a vacation or such.

Yodrak

Gene,

Yodrak

what is meant by " uninterrupted travel" ?? I have to return to my home country for the visa interview as I am currently living in another. (in asia) I was planning to return here ( asia)after the K1visa is granted to close off bank accounts etc, and pick up a few things. I wanted to keep the accounts open so I can use my visa card while travelling home.

by uninterrupted do you mean no travel after arriving in the USA?? Please inform me if you know where there is a link to this information.

thanks. Lisa

Sheila,

Not true. Uninterrupted travel to the USA must begin, not necessarily be completed, before the expiration date of the visa.

Not sure about on the expiration date.

Yodrak

Hi Lisa,

The simple answer is that you must have your K1 visa processed at a USCIS POE on or before the expiration date shown on your visa. ...

Sheila

Hello All,

Thanks,

Gene

Please fill in your tiomeline it is very important in calculating the statistics and average times of completion on this board thank you... good luck on yuor journey

Thanks, I will - when we've sent the I-129F stuff in

carlahmsb4.gif

Hi Sheila

ok thanks for that. No I have no reason to leave the USA once there, I was worried that I had to make a direct journey to the USA after receiving the visa. But I guess it doesnt matter where I go before as long as the visa is unused by the time I arrive in the USA for good! it will be well before the expiration date.

It would be a bummer to have to empty my banks , carry cash and everything I want to take to the USA to Australia for the final month of my processing..egads!!

cheers

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

The simple answer is that you must have your K1 visa processed at a USCIS POE on or before the expiration date shown on your visa. Going to your native country en route should have no relevance. Actually - trying to be cynical and playing devil's advocate for a moment - it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the airport staff took a bit closer look at your paperwork and/or bags if your ticket shows that your journey started out in Asia rather than because you went home on the way to America. Of course that shouldn't happen, but it doesn't mean it won't.

Anyway, regarding leaving the USA again ... Your K1 visa is one time use only. Normally you have to wait until you receive your 'Green Card' before you can travel abroad and return to the USA (or its territories) freely.

If you have some kind of emergency you can apply to the USCIS for clearance to leave and re-enter the USA again. Don't risk leaving without that unless you want to go through all the hassle of having to re-apply for another visa! Having said that, there have been a few cases reported here of people who managed to get their K1 visa updated and re-issued. I wouldn't want to take a chance on that happening though.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion?

All the best,

Sheila

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.