teddy000

Can K3 be tracked at NVC?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I called USCIS to find out which case of being sent to NVC. This is what I got in response: WE dont have that kinda info. here. You'll have to contact your local office. Now I need to know how to contact a local office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I called USCIS to find out which case of being sent to NVC. This is what I got in response: WE dont have that kinda info. here. You'll have to contact your local office. Now I need to know how to contact a local office.

Local Office = USCIS/DHS

USCIS = Department of Homeland Security

NVC = Department of State

It still won't do any good to get a hold of the local office... they will still not be a part of the right department within the US government.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I was told that you can call NVC at (603) 334 0700, select the option to talk to a real person, and then ask him/her if your file has been received and if so, what is the case number.

If you do call them and find out that they have received either of your petitions, please post the information here. There are a lot of people here who are dying to figure out whether K3 is still alive or not.

Thanks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:)

sweety .....I think you need to local office ......uscis number may ask fot transfer vermont ot californa oook

:yes:

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance: I CAN CONFIRM THAT K3 IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING!!!! Both I-130 and K3 were approved the same day, Jan. 9, and my K3 petition arrived at NVC today and was assigned a case number. WOO HOO!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hmm,

As to your question "can k3 be tracked at nvc?", well by the internet the answer is NO. If USCIS says "we have approved your petition" on you NOA2, then that document will tell you what you need to know. Example:

Both my k3 and 130 were approved on 1/30. As i read the NOA2's the K3 was "forwarded to the NVC", the 130 said "forwarded to the national records center" (they assume we would do AOS). So once you get your NOA2's, you have no reason to call UCSIS again. All you can do w/ NVC is call them every day and be ready w/ your USCIS case number, name and birth date of your spouse. Until they OFFICIALLY recieve the case (which includes data entry), you will hear "we have no record of that case number."

But once they do, they will give you an NVC case number. Most K3's fly out of the NVC for the Embassy w/in 4 working days since there is nothing for them to process. After all it is a temporary visa so they just push it to the Embassy to finalize. The 130 however takes much longer.

So in the end, READ your NOA2's. That will tell you where your petitions are going. Then start making buddies w/ the Embassy and let them know you are real people. This was my case. My wife just arrived on 3/11 on the k3 and we are in heaven.

God Bless You,

-jamie

5/18/07 130 Priority Date

1/29/08 130 NOA2

7/12/07 K3 Priority date

1/29/08 NOA2

2/20/08 NVC Recieved

2/22/08 Leave NVC

2/27/08 Embassy Recieves

3/7/08 Interview- APPROVED. Dora was interogated for 2 hours since she had a denial at POE last year. It was brutal, but she never had anything to hide.

3/10/08 Visa and plane ticket in hand

3/11/08 POE Miami (Why wait, huh?)

Timeline 130 filing to POE=306 days.

3/17/08 Mailed AOS via USPS Express Mail to Chicago lockbox

4/21/08 Recieved NOA1's for AOS, EAD, and Trav Doc's.

5/9/08 Biometrics appt scheduled for EAD and AOS.

jamie

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hmm,

As to your question "can k3 be tracked at nvc?", well by the internet the answer is NO. If USCIS says "we have approved your petition" on you NOA2, then that document will tell you what you need to know. Example:

Both my k3 and 130 were approved on 1/30. As i read the NOA2's the K3 was "forwarded to the NVC", the 130 said "forwarded to the national records center" (they assume we would do AOS). So once you get your NOA2's, you have no reason to call UCSIS again. All you can do w/ NVC is call them every day and be ready w/ your USCIS case number, name and birth date of your spouse. Until they OFFICIALLY recieve the case (which includes data entry), you will hear "we have no record of that case number."

But once they do, they will give you an NVC case number. Most K3's fly out of the NVC for the Embassy w/in 4 working days since there is nothing for them to process. After all it is a temporary visa so they just push it to the Embassy to finalize. The 130 however takes much longer.

So in the end, READ your NOA2's. That will tell you where your petitions are going. Then start making buddies w/ the Embassy and let them know you are real people. This was my case. My wife just arrived on 3/11 on the k3 and we are in heaven.

God Bless You,

-jamie

K3 folks must talk to a human. The automated system will never have information on a K3 case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I once again find myself in mystery about what's going on with the infamous K-3 petition.

Per frequent posts over the last few months, people who filed K-3 petitions had problems getting a NOA1 for their 130s and waited months to get one before filing the 129F. This held up the 129F so long that the value of the K-3 was called into question. Then in an act of cleverness people started not waiting for the NOA1 for the 130 but went ahead and sent in the 129F either with the I-130 petition or shortly thereafter. But no one was getting a 129F through to approval for the last number of months and many posters reported having their 129F petitions administratively closed once the 130 got approved. Many thought the K-3 was dead or suspended.

Now it seems a number of CSC filers are getting both petitions approved AND BOTH petitions sent over to the NVC. Now that is yet another change from policy where before the 130 was held at the NRC and the 129F went off to the NVC for quick processing...which is logical.

I have to wonder what is really happening at the NVC? If people call the automated NVC number and hear a case number, that to me only pertains to the I-130 petition. But maybe I'm wrong. But there can not be two case numbers...one for the I-130 and one for the I-129F...or can there? It seems a filer would have to call the NVC and talk to a real person and find out if, indeed, both petitions are going through the NVC and what is the correct case number for the 129F petition...or do both petitions have the same case number?

It's very odd that the NVC would waste time processing the 130 if the 129F is also being processed...theoretically shipping it off to the consulate in a few days or a week or so. Why continue processing the I-130?

And this begs the question...why only the filers from the CSC and not the VSC? And will the previously closed 129Fs be reopened?

This turn of events around K-3s is yet another mystery for us to ponder.

Timeline
I once again find myself in mystery about what's going on with the infamous K-3 petition.

Per frequent posts over the last few months, people who filed K-3 petitions had problems getting a NOA1 for their 130s and waited months to get one before filing the 129F. This held up the 129F so long that the value of the K-3 was called into question. Then in an act of cleverness people started not waiting for the NOA1 for the 130 but went ahead and sent in the 129F either with the I-130 petition or shortly thereafter. But no one was getting a 129F through to approval for the last number of months and many posters reported having their 129F petitions administratively closed once the 130 got approved. Many thought the K-3 was dead or suspended.

Now it seems a number of CSC filers are getting both petitions approved AND BOTH petitions sent over to the NVC. Now that is yet another change from policy where before the 130 was held at the NRC and the 129F went off to the NVC for quick processing...which is logical.

I have to wonder what is really happening at the NVC? If people call the automated NVC number and hear a case number, that to me only pertains to the I-130 petition. But maybe I'm wrong. But there can not be two case numbers...one for the I-130 and one for the I-129F...or can there? It seems a filer would have to call the NVC and talk to a real person and find out if, indeed, both petitions are going through the NVC and what is the correct case number for the 129F petition...or do both petitions have the same case number?

It's very odd that the NVC would waste time processing the 130 if the 129F is also being processed...theoretically shipping it off to the consulate in a few days or a week or so. Why continue processing the I-130?

And this begs the question...why only the filers from the CSC and not the VSC? And will the previously closed 129Fs be reopened?

As for why CSC and not VSC, remember we are seeing a small sample.

Now that the NOA2 hard copies are arriving, all those who thought both petitions are learning otherwise.

Yes, if both cases go to NVC, there are two case numbers because there are two cases.

One will not get an I-129F case number from NVC without talking to a human.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Now that the NOA2 hard copies are arriving, all those who thought both petitions are learning otherwise.

Yes, if both cases go to NVC, there are two case numbers because there are two cases.

Good information. Thanks.

One will get a I-129F case number if they are patient enough to wait for the letter. But, I do not know anybody with this much patience.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

One will get a I-129F case number if they are patient enough to wait for the letter. But, I do not know anybody with this much patience.

No letter is assured. Most never get one.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.