Z and S

What to do if both I-130 & I-129F approved together?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My blackberry woke me up at 12:05 AM this morning, and what do you know ?!?!....it was notification that both my I130 & 129F were approved earlier today!! I could not believe it so I logged on to the USCIS website, and sure enough they are both approved!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I had read somewhere here that the I-129F were no longer being honored by California Service Center, so I did not think much about what was involved. But now that it is approved and with the slight possibility open that NVC might actually process it, the question is how do I make sure that I-129F gets processed and I-130 is put on hold by NVC? If they send papers for I-130, do I just ignore them? Do I need to inform them somehow about my preference? I am very sorry if this has already been discussed; I searched for it but could not find the information I was looking for....it might be my excitement is playing a trick though! Thanks in advance!!!

Shreyans

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My blackberry woke me up at 12:05 AM this morning, and what do you know ?!?!....it was notification that both my I130 & 129F were approved earlier today!! I could not believe it so I logged on to the USCIS website, and sure enough they are both approved!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I had read somewhere here that the I-129F were no longer being honored by California Service Center, so I did not think much about what was involved. But now that it is approved and with the slight possibility open that NVC might actually process it, the question is how do I make sure that I-129F gets processed and I-130 is put on hold by NVC? If they send papers for I-130, do I just ignore them? Do I need to inform them somehow about my preference? I am very sorry if this has already been discussed; I searched for it but could not find the information I was looking for....it might be my excitement is playing a trick though! Thanks in advance!!!

Shreyans

If both petitions are actually forwarded to NVC, yes you can simply ignore any correspondence on the CR1 case. I'd wait until you can confirm what gets forwarded to NVC. There should be some clue in the wording of your NOA2 for the I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations! You are the fortunate one!

I read in another forum when USCIS was approving the petitions together. IT was back in November when I heard about an administratively closed case.

*Disclaimer I am not using exact terminology. I am just trying to give you a quick and dirty answer until I can find the forum with the exact notice of action verbiage.

IF you your action notice for your I130/CR1 petition says that your SO is in the US it went to USCIS storage, while waiting the Adjustment of Status.

Or it will say that it was forwarded to the NVC.

You will have to see what the Notice of Action says.

Shreyans

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you "pushbrk", "Lurking," and "dora2X" for your help/reply! I will wait till I see the actual NOA2. It seems very unlikely that my I-129F would be forwarded to NVC. Though I still fancy my chances of it getting through, I do not really care much. I am just so extremely relieved and happy that my I-130 is finally approved -- after 191 very long days of worries and frustration. Probably, most people here know the pain of waiting anxiously, checking status twenty times a day only to be disappointed, and having no control over the process. Getting approved makes the life heck of a lot better! I wish the best to everyone.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yeah! I also awoke this morning to an e-mail that both my I-129f and I-130 had been approved! My I-130 and I-129f were also both at CSC. It has been 215 days since I sent the I-130. I am still in shock and won't believe it until I get the hard copy in my hands!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, K3 is faster than CR1 because it takes only 2-3 weeks at NVC compare to CR1 taking 3 months using James shortcut, and if you get a RFE on the CR1 add another months or so. If you want to wait another 4-6 months go with CR1, or 2-3 months with K3. Depending on you embassy you might save more or less time, but NVC timeline is same for all countries.

Good luck!

Shreyans

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Probably, most people here know the pain of waiting anxiously, checking status twenty times a day only to be disappointed, and having no control over the process.

Gosh, and I thought I was the only one doing that.

Congratulations!!

The exact wording on the I-130 NOA2 is, "The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for Adjustment of Status."

References

I-797

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You posted this on the thread: "02/06/08 USEM Interview AR" I take it that your spouse was interviewed at the US Embassy. What does "AR" mean? You also indicated "no visa." Does it mean your visa was denied? Please elaborate.

You posted this on the thread: "02/06/08 USEM Interview AR" I take it that your spouse was interviewed at the US Embassy. What does "AR" mean? You also indicated "no visa." Does it mean your visa was denied? Please elaborate.

What you read is in the signature of my timeline. The signature is included on every post I make.

AR means Administrative Review. Administrative Review is where the consulate is completing further investigation on the visa. Under the Visa FAQ is a link to acronyms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

The visa is under AR until the Philippine National Statistics Office verifies documents they printed such as birth certificate and marriage certificate. This document verification started at the Manila Embassy in December. We paid for the verification and notified the contractor of the payment on January 7th. Two months later the document verification has not been completed.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Congratulations!!

The exact wording on the I-130 NOA2 is, "The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for Adjustment of Status."

References

I-797

If you want a K3 visa, that's the wording you're looking for but it is not the only possibility. It will be good to hear from the OP as to the wording of their NOA2 for I-130. If it says the same, that's good news for those who really want a K3 visa. Let's wait and see in a few days when it comes.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Congratulations!!

References

I-797

If you want a K3 visa, that's the wording you're looking for but it is not the only possibility. It will be good to hear from the OP as to the wording of their NOA2 for I-130. If it says the same, that's good news for those who really want a K3 visa. Let's wait and see in a few days when it comes.

As I have posted many times, my K3 petition did not make it to the NVC after an approval on both I-130 and K3 on the same day, Jan. 9, so called USCIS. They ordered my file back from NRC and found that it was still in that file. Adjudicator for some reason approved the I-130 for a second time and when I received that second approval notice in the mail, it contained the wording, "The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for Adjustment of Status." The first approval notice for I-130 I received did not have this wording. The adjudicator said that my K3 petition was in the bin waiting to be forwarded to the NVC and should be there by the end of March, so after seeing what you said, Pushbrk, I feel more confident that my K3 will end up at NVC. I will keep everyone informed what I find out.

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Timeline
Congratulations!!

References

I-797

As I have posted many times, my K3 petition did not make it to the NVC after an approval on both I-130 and K3 on the same day, Jan. 9, so called USCIS. They ordered my file back from NRC and found that it was still in that file. Adjudicator for some reason approved the I-130 for a second time and when I received that second approval notice in the mail, it contained the wording, "The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for Adjustment of Status." The first approval notice for I-130 I received did not have this wording. The adjudicator said that my K3 petition was in the bin waiting to be forwarded to the NVC and should be there by the end of March, so after seeing what you said, Pushbrk, I feel more confident that my K3 will end up at NVC. I will keep everyone informed what I find out.

Deb

All signs point to your K3 getting to NVC but all we really know is that your I-130 NOA2 has the appropriate wording for a K3 case.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Congratulations!!

References

I-797

Deb

All signs point to your K3 getting to NVC but all we really know is that your I-130 NOA2 has the appropriate wording for a K3 case.

Exactly, and I will inform you when and if my K3 makes it to NVC, so maybe that will end some of the questions.

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.