Suitelady79

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON AT VERMONT SERVICE CENTER?!?!?

30 posts in this topic

I'm sitting here 6 months after my case was filed waiting for my I129F portion to be approved so I can get on with my K3 visa, (which is supposed to be the faster Visa). I waited until my receipt date was current and then decided to call and see what was going on with my case. On the online status it still says it's being processed. On the phone it still says it's being processed. So I decided I would try to talk to a PERSON instead of that damn machine.

The first lady said it was cancelled and that they sent the other portion to the NVC and that I should call them. I called the NVC and they said they don't have anythign to do with whether it goes through as a K3 or CR1. They just process what they get and that I should call USCIS back and pick my bone with them. So I did. I got the most incompetent lady EVER. She kept putting me on hold before she even asked for my receipt number. I had to keep repeating myself over and over and I am a very articulate person (if I do say so myself!! and I do say so!). She didn't even know what an I129F was... All I could do was roll my eyes and think to myself where the hell they found her. So after she put me on hold again, she comes back reading me some email she supposedly got saying that as of July 31 or something like that, they are cancelling all I129Fs that are sent in as K3 and processing the I130 only. :blink:

IS THAT ALLOWED? Mind you I have received NO notification of this whatsoever! I said to her does she realize that this is going to slow my case down. She got all snooty with me and told me that there was nothing else she could do...which i'm sure there isn't but she didn't have to be all snooty about it. LOL

Anyway, HOW THE HELL CAN THEY CANCEL PART OF YOUR PETITION WITHOUT NOTICE and give you the slower visa? HAs this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the long post, I tend to be a bit long winded when I'm pissed! :)

Thanks everyone!

Pister & LaRhonda

Our Timeline:

Sent I-130: 07/19/07 (Priority Mail/Return receipt)

NOA1 Received: 08/04/07 (NOA dated 07/31/07)

NOA2 Approved: 10/25/07

Sent I-129F: 08/06/07 (Express overnight mail)

NOA1 Received: 08/20/07 (NOA dated 08/15/07)

941445.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I'm sorry that this happened. I filed at the VSC, and it usually takes 1-2 months to be approved. I'm surprised yours hasn't receive an approval for over six months. Try to make an infopass appointment and see if that may help.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sitting here 6 months after my case was filed waiting for my I129F portion to be approved so I can get on with my K3 visa, (which is supposed to be the faster Visa). I waited until my receipt date was current and then decided to call and see what was going on with my case. On the online status it still says it's being processed. On the phone it still says it's being processed. So I decided I would try to talk to a PERSON instead of that damn machine.

The first lady said it was cancelled and that they sent the other portion to the NVC and that I should call them. I called the NVC and they said they don't have anythign to do with whether it goes through as a K3 or CR1. They just process what they get and that I should call USCIS back and pick my bone with them. So I did. I got the most incompetent lady EVER. She kept putting me on hold before she even asked for my receipt number. I had to keep repeating myself over and over and I am a very articulate person (if I do say so myself!! and I do say so!). She didn't even know what an I129F was... All I could do was roll my eyes and think to myself where the hell they found her. So after she put me on hold again, she comes back reading me some email she supposedly got saying that as of July 31 or something like that, they are cancelling all I129Fs that are sent in as K3 and processing the I130 only. :blink:

IS THAT ALLOWED? Mind you I have received NO notification of this whatsoever! I said to her does she realize that this is going to slow my case down. She got all snooty with me and told me that there was nothing else she could do...which i'm sure there isn't but she didn't have to be all snooty about it. LOL

Anyway, HOW THE HELL CAN THEY CANCEL PART OF YOUR PETITION WITHOUT NOTICE and give you the slower visa? HAs this happened to anyone else?

Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, this has happened to a lot of people including me.

Its actually been discussed many, many, many times on the CR1 and K3 forums.

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi. I applied for a K-1 on 2-19-08, received NOA that they are processing on 2-22-08, and received approval notice on 3-14-08.

Yes, I'd say they are having problems because obvioulsy many people have been waiting much longer and were ahead of me

in line. I was so shocked to see the approval notice. I did spend lots of time on the documentation and submitted what I believe to

be a perfect submission. Table of contents, everything in perfect order.

I believe making it easy for them really helps.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Charlie and Mei

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's not about making it easy at this time. Everyone who has applied for K3 in Aug and on is waiting for approval. In the last month or two VSC has not approved a single K3, and they are approving K1 from Jan & Feb of 2008. Nobody knows what's going on at VSC, but one thing is for sure that K3 filers at VSC are being punished and getting a long delay on the approval notice. I hope we start getting K3 approvals from VSC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was on the phone yesterday and got the exact opposite story. I do no think they know what is going on. He even talked to the supervisor who told him my case is pending and will be processed soon.

They are working Sept 20th 07 petitions right now. I posted all that is going on at the vermont with VJ users in another thread.

I am in the same boat as you, although I have been processing my I130 at the NVC, but I told the USCIS I was waiting 6 months since the approval date so I want to make sure that my case is not close. HE said that it would not be.

Got his ID number and recorded phone conversation. I now cannot locate my husband's police report so again I have to wait atlease to more weeks before I finish the process.

It is in god's hands.

Thanks everyone!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

I think there will be plenty updates this weekend. I think they are holding off on the K3 petitions because of all the complaints to the ombudsmon. They have to follow the policy and procedure, which are established to protect us as US citizens. After reviewing all the peptions that have been approved versus not, this is my conclusion. They are trying to see if the can continue to just approve the I130. That is not there choice to make though.

As stated below. got the link from pushbrn

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

It's not about making it easy at this time. Everyone who has applied for K3 in Aug and on is waiting for approval. In the last month or two VSC has not approved a single K3, and they are approving K1 from Jan & Feb of 2008. Nobody knows what's going on at VSC, but one thing is for sure that K3 filers at VSC are being punished and getting a long delay on the approval notice. I hope we start getting K3 approvals from VSC.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I think there will be plenty updates this weekend. I think they are holding off on the K3 petitions because of all the complaints to the ombudsmon. They have to follow the policy and procedure, which are established to protect us as US citizens. After reviewing all the peptions that have been approved versus not, this is my conclusion. They are trying to see if the can continue to just approve the I130. That is not there choice to make though.

i hope we do see some approvals this weekend.. but i dont know they might be off today and the weekend for Easter??

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

Darn, i did forget about easter. Maybe they make tripple time on holidays. I would work after church. LOL

i hope we do see some approvals this weekend.. but i dont know they might be off today and the weekend for Easter??

LOL - hopefully next week :wacko: for alot of the group from august and september...

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that...We file a K1 Visa Petition at VSC LESS THAN A MONTH AGO and we got approved!!! We first filed our petition on Feb 27,08 and our NOA2 Approval Notice is yesterday March 21st, 08...Super fast!

Thanks everyone!

K-1 Visa

I hear that D.R. resently(in 2008) change some of their workers. Due to that the processing of visa time period should be a 6-8 month waiting period. I started my process in Feb.2008. My I129f was approved on March 20. Which seem quicker than other who file Feb. 2007.

LOL - hopefully next week :wacko: for alot of the group from august and september...

Cheers

Absolutely....Hiya, Susie!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Timeline

Letter to Ombudsman regarding Vermont:

Attention CIS Ombudman:

The confusion on USCIS new self-created policy on administratively closing I129f petition is causing much hardship on petitioners. We has United State Citizens have a right to be informed on this new policy. Through timelines posted in a forum VIsajourney.com it appears that the California Service Center is back on track with approving the I129f petitions, But the Vermont Service Center is still Ignoring (administratively closing) without any notification to the petitioner.

This new policy has petitioners waiting for the I129f approval without any notification that it will be ignored at the Vermont Service Center. We the petitioner deserve a notice of action on these petitions. One center(California) can not approve the I130 and the I129f, while Vermont ignores the petitioners request for a notice of action on their I129f.

The visajourney website is a cohesive forum that keeps better track of the USCIS timelines. Please visit the link below that expresses my concerns around the Vermont Service Center. This timeline is created when VisaJourney Users put in their petitioning information, It is comprehensive and accurate to the person entering the information.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6543

I was told by an USCIS office that my case of was administratively closed. Then when I called back I was told that the USCIS will not close your case that they are working on September 20th, 2008 and yours will come up soon. HE also stated that if I do not receive a NOA in a month to call back. No who should I listen to? I have been waiting since September for this I129f petition, while I have an approved I130 petition. The waiting period at my husband’s embassy is 7-9 months for a CR1 interview and for a K3 it is 1-2 months.

Under the LIFE act I have a right to utilize my pending I129f petition for a K3 Visa.

The petitioners need to be informed.

Sincerely,

Melissa V Ayotte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.