7 posts in this topic

i went to my aos interview on tuesday. when the IO asked me for my passport, he said there might be a problem because it looked like somebody altered the dates. the passport is expired and the last time i used it to enter the US they punched holes in it. their was no reason for me to use it for anything. i already had a conditional card. anyway when my ex-husband abandoned me he kept all my paperwork and we never removed the conditional. later he gave me back the expired passport and kept the new one. i remarried a few years later and filed for AOS. i never realized there was anything wrong with my passport, seeing that the dates a still the same. the IO also had a copy of the passport in my file from my POE. he proceeded with the interview and at the and said everything looks good and if he needed anything he would RFE me. he had us sign a paper and gave me back my passport telling me not to ever show it to anybody and he would to his check this afternoon. if he does need any other proof of my legal entry would their be a way to get that even after so many years have passed? he would think the copy in the file of my last entry should be sufficient. i am just pretty anxious for this to be over and wondered what to expect.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much about the interview. I think you are in one of those cases where the IO requires the supervisors opinion to approve the petition. They do that in some offices even if there is no problem at all.

As far as your passport, you say your ex-husband is withholding your old passport? If so that is wrong. Ask him to give it back, and if not, get a report to the police and say you lost it/got it stolen so you can have a new one made at your embassy.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

thanks for the answer, my ex pretty much kept all my paperwork. i am just glad they had the file from when i entered. i dont know how hard it will be to get a new passport. as for the interview i guess i just have to wait. THe IO was pretty positive about everything else, just saying that he would do his check. this is just a very frustrating process, and i have to say,that this website is more helpful than the lawyer i had.If i had found this website first i would have just done the paperwork on my own, seeing the only problem i had was my overstay and never removing the conditional.

thanks for the answer, my ex pretty much kept all my paperwork. i am just glad they had the file from when i entered. i dont know how hard it will be to get a new passport. as for the interview i guess i just have to wait. THe IO was pretty positive about everything else, just saying that he would do his check. this is just a very frustrating process, and i have to say,that this website is more helpful than the lawyer i had.If i had found this website first i would have just done the paperwork on my own, seeing the only problem i had was my overstay and never removing the conditional.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

to get a new german passport you have to get in contact with the german consulate closest to your city

keep in mind to aply for a new passport its time consumming 4-8 weeks ,

also if you didnt do it yet , before you can even aply for a new german passport you have to do a name declaration ( to get your new name and marriage registerd in germany ) without the declaration they will not issue a new passport , ( I know all this cose I am german citizen and went trough it when I lived in canada before I got divorced )

another thing is if you got married in germany you have to also get the divorce from your ex registerd in germany ( but you probly already knew that , since you where able to remarry :) ) anyhow take a look at the german/US consulate site good luck http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/cons...ervices_en.html

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Either or, you will most likely need a police report because in order to get a copy from your consulate you need the original passport, but if you say that its stolen (which in your case it is) most likely they will ask for a police report. Your best bet it to contact the police and if he lies and says he doesnt have it, then be sure to get a police report to show to your consulate!! Hope everything works out for You

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Filed: Timeline
i went to my aos interview on tuesday. when the IO asked me for my passport, he said there might be a problem because it looked like somebody altered the dates. the passport is expired and the last time i used it to enter the US they punched holes in it. their was no reason for me to use it for anything. i already had a conditional card. anyway when my ex-husband abandoned me he kept all my paperwork and we never removed the conditional. later he gave me back the expired passport and kept the new one. i remarried a few years later and filed for AOS. i never realized there was anything wrong with my passport, seeing that the dates a still the same. the IO also had a copy of the passport in my file from my POE. he proceeded with the interview and at the and said everything looks good and if he needed anything he would RFE me. he had us sign a paper and gave me back my passport telling me not to ever show it to anybody and he would to his check this afternoon. if he does need any other proof of my legal entry would their be a way to get that even after so many years have passed? he would think the copy in the file of my last entry should be sufficient. i am just pretty anxious for this to be over and wondered what to expect.

Are you suggesting that it is possible that your ex tampered with the dates?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Are you suggesting that it is possible that your ex tampered with the dates?

I dont think so. the dates were the same then in the copy that the UCIUS had on file when it got processed in NEW YORK. maybe he spilled something on it and just filled it back in. i won,t be able to ask him, because i don't even know where he lives at.i was just worried that with the dates changed it would be hard to show proof of legally entering the states.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.