Airline itinerary

Motel receipt in English itemized with both our names on it

Photos with dates on the back (5)

Engagement ring receipt

Passport & Visa

Emails

Chats

and alot more

They said "though you have submitted undated photos of you with beneficiary, copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

photos were dated on back and cover page for photo's discribed and included time place and date for each

They recommended I supply motel receipt, airline itinerary, credit card statements, and dated photos-which when I called to ask what dated was they saiad it ment digital date on print-

SOLID PRIMARY SOLID SECOUNDARY even if they lost 1/2 the stuff How can a passport with day month year and a ticket stub with Day and month that match passport stamp not count GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!

Petitioners First Name: Capt. Joe

Beneficiaries First Name: Logic Girl

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-21

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-04-18

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-05-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2006-05-26

Consulate Received : 2006-05-31

Packet 3 mailed 2006-06-19

Packet 3 Received : 2006-07-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-07-12

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-10-05 passed!!!!

Visa Received : 2006-10-10

US Entry : 2006-10-13

Marriage : 2006-10-16

Comments : sending out AOS papers 11-27-06

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 149 days.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I sent 2 photos with my 129F package. Neither had dates. Mine also went through California.

I can't imagine why they are suspect if you sent in receipts of your travel, etc. I did send quite

a few receipts which had dates, along with the airline itenerary and copies of travel documents.

I agree with all who didn't include dates. Putting a date on a picture looks more unreal to me than

if they had a date. Since we both sent visa pictures and photos, surely they can look and see

you are both the same people that are applying. I think you were unfortunate and got a person

in a bad mood.

MY PRIMARY EDIVENCE WAS SOLID AS A ROCK

Airline stubs and baggage claim stubs

Airline itinerary

Engagement ring receipt

Passport & Visa

Emails

Chats

and alot more

They said "though you have submitted undated photos of you with beneficiary, copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

photos were dated on back and cover page for photo's discribed and included time place and date for each

They recommended I supply motel receipt, airline itinerary, credit card statements, and dated photos-which when I called to ask what dated was they saiad it ment digital date on print-

SOLID PRIMARY SOLID SECOUNDARY even if they lost 1/2 the stuff How can a passport with day month year and a ticket stub with Day and month that match passport stamp not count GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!

Wait a minute, If you give them copies of your passport stamps that has the year on it. THAT IS PRIMARY EVIDENCE!!!! Everything else just backs that up!!. If they say that is forged then there is no real way to convince them!!

I just looked at my ticket stubs that I sent in. All my NWA ticket stubs have the year on them. So my passport stamps and my ticket stubs have the full date on them. I should think that would convince them.

MY PRIMARY EDIVENCE WAS SOLID AS A ROCK

Airline stubs and baggage claim stubs

Airline itinerary

Engagement ring receipt

Passport & Visa

Emails

Chats

and alot more

The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

Listen dude. You need to calm down.

I, and others are only here to help you through a process that you are clearly ignorant of.

It sounds like to me you supplied them too much "stuff" and if you think that some guy/gal over at your local USCIS service center is going to sift through a bunch of superfluous ####### to get to the "evidence" that needs to answer a few simple questions you are clearly delusional.

They asked for evidence of having met within the past two years. Obviously you did not supply them that information to their satisfaction.

I find it hard to believe that an Entry/Exit stamps in your US Passport, covering the span of time that you contend that you two met is inadequate proof.

The entire idea to to demonstrate that you and she was in the same place at the same time.

If you supplied this information there's no way that your application could be in question.

Something smells foul here, and the odor isn't from the USCIS side of the table.

They asked for proof of having met in person in the past two years
before
your application was submitted. If you have the boarding passes just supply whatever is necessary to validate your contentions and move on with this.

They asked for you to prove your eligibility to marry. If you're a widower as I am, or you're divorced then you need to supply documentation that you're clear to marry; that means death certificates, divorce decrees, etc. I not noting is required.

They asked you for proof of citizenship. Copies of all pages of your passport, or a US birth certificate.

They asked for a statement of your intent to marry from both you and your fiancee. No more, no less.

Just supply them the information they requested and you're home free. What's the problem?

There are people that peruse this forum with legitimate problems.

You were simply ignorant of the process. We've seen it before, and trust me those of us that are more experienced can tell that the problem emanates from your end.

Now just sit back and learn from reading all you can from this point out and quit wasting everyone's time with these rants that serve no purpose other than to panic other readers unnecessarily.

:lol:

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

"copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

This is a direct quote from My RFE so please read what people say before you speak

K-1 Visa

Event Date

NVC Received :

Processing

"copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

This is a direct quote from My RFE so please read what people say before you speak

You should have flown NorthWest. They have the full date on them. But I still don't understand how the passport stamps don't establish when you were there. That is an official document.

woodgc

Each case is different and each adjudicator can and will perceive evidence submitted differently. Unfortunately country of origin of a beneficiary can also figure into this as well and an adjudicator may require more clarification of the evidence that has been submitted. Is that fair....no....does it happen.....it appears so. Its all up to the adjudicator. Many submit photos to support primary evidence with dates either only written on the back or on a sheet beneath a photo copy of a photo etc without receiving an RFE. Evidence is about the whole picture. eg. without a year on the airline stubs that evidence is useless as it could of been at any time. Photos submitted without clear indication (a recognisable landmark eg) can also be deemed not acceptable depending on other evidence that is submitted. What will be accepted for one may not be accepted for another depending on the whole picture in the minds eye of the adjudicator. It does seem on the evidence that you have submitted that perhaps not even the passport stamp was accepted as proof because the supporting evidence failed to show that you actually met in person within the required 2 year period. I realise you did submit Motel receipt in English itemized with both your names on it, but perhaps that was misplaced....either that or they just didnt accept it as sufficient supporting evidence because of the other evidence submitted. Evidence must be looked at as a whole, not individually.....How it all fits together to support each other.

Digital prints with date stamps to my knowledge is not a requirement as shown time and time again by other members who do dot receive RFE's. You could call the service center and speak to another operator and get an entirely different answer. That is why it is often referred to as the misinformation line.

I would resubmit what you have already submitted, but I would also gather further evidence. This could also include affidavits from family, friends etc. When you mentioned airline stubs, was this boarding or ticket stubs? How detailed was your declaration in answer to question 18 of the I-129F?

I am sorry that you received an RFE and I wish you all the best on resolving this.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Dear Aussiewench,

Thank for your good advice you always have such good input. Monday I will have what they want in the mail.

I will however disagree that if one puts a ticket stub with the day & month on it and a passport stamp with the same day month and the year side by side and then says it is no good because ticket stub has no year stamp / with over twenty years in the military/government my opinion is this is a very incorrect assumption. Very #######, very much inside a very dark and stagnant box; a total waste of time and money for everyone involved, a perfect example of a futile exercise.

I suppose standing in front of the Ho Chi Minh City airport with her and her family is not a very good land mark by those same standards. yes a clear nice easy to see photo with date on the back and listed in cover page

As a update my sister in law -future- took my complete I-129 package home to peruse, in the full sense, and she called me a little while ago to tell be my ticket had day month and year on it . I can not verify in tell I meet her tomorrow but if that the case it’s very disgusting.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

NVC Received :

Processing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
woodgc

Each case is different and each adjudicator can and will perceive evidence submitted differently. Unfortunately country of origin of a beneficiary can also figure into this as well and an adjudicator may require more clarification of the evidence that has been submitted. Is that fair....no....does it happen.....it appears so. Its all up to the adjudicator. Many submit photos to support primary evidence with dates either only written on the back or on a sheet beneath a photo copy of a photo etc without receiving an RFE. Evidence is about the whole picture. eg. without a year on the airline stubs that evidence is useless as it could of been at any time. Photos submitted without clear indication (a recognisable landmark eg) can also be deemed not acceptable depending on other evidence that is submitted. What will be accepted for one may not be accepted for another depending on the whole picture in the minds eye of the adjudicator. It does seem on the evidence that you have submitted that perhaps not even the passport stamp was accepted as proof because the supporting evidence failed to show that you actually met in person within the required 2 year period. I realise you did submit Motel receipt in English itemized with both your names on it, but perhaps that was misplaced....either that or they just didnt accept it as sufficient supporting evidence because of the other evidence submitted. Evidence must be looked at as a whole, not individually.....How it all fits together to support each other.

Digital prints with date stamps to my knowledge is not a requirement as shown time and time again by other members who do dot receive RFE's. You could call the service center and speak to another operator and get an entirely different answer. That is why it is often referred to as the misinformation line.

I would resubmit what you have already submitted, but I would also gather further evidence. This could also include affidavits from family, friends etc. When you mentioned airline stubs, was this boarding or ticket stubs? How detailed was your declaration in answer to question 18 of the I-129F?

I am sorry that you received an RFE and I wish you all the best on resolving this.

Constructive advice as always!

I'm a little concerned with the evidence we've produced.

All my photos were digital photos which, when printed at the shops did not have dates printed at the back.

Nevertheless, I'm more concerned with the fact that airline stubs do not have dates on them. We have submitted the itineraries which obviously will have dates of departure/arrival, I wonder how how effective this secondery evidence will be? :unsure:

Along with that my fiance also photocopied his entire passport, this will identify his last visit to the UK.

What's most stressful for everyone is the difficulty in being able to make ocntact and/or ask for advice directly from USCIS.

2nd March 2006 - I-129F Sent

13th March 2006 - NOA1 & Cheque cashed

30th June 2006 - Received RFE re IMBRA

3rd July 2006 - Mailed RFE to CSC

4th July 2006 - Touched re RFE

5th July 2006 - Touched

18th July 2006 - Touched confirmed receipt for RFE. #######?! I know they received the RFE on 4th July!! Skanks!!!

17th August 2006 - NOA2 finally!!!

11th September 2006 - Package 3 sent to US Consulate (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K)

8th October 2006 - Sent checklist to Consulate to confirm that all documents are available for interview

13th October 2006 - Medical (11:30am) - Friday 13th Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!

7th December 2006 - Interview at 10am

7th December 2006 - Consular requested "Proof of non-existence of birth certificate"

15th December 2006 - Courier picked up "Proof of non existence of birth certficate" - what I did? I contacted my lawyer in Vietnam and asked him to search for my NON-EXISTENCE birth certificate and had him write an affidavit of his finding. What a waste of time and money!!

22nd December 2006 - K1 Approved. Finally!

www.johnandtuyen.com

Character is destiny

What was wrong with your POR?? I'm nervous for mine.

Even my regualr camera (35mm) has a feature to turn a date/time stamp on and it prints on the front of the picture - but I don't like to use it as it makes the photos look a little strange! I sent in our photos without any dates (digital or otherwise) I even forgot to put names and dates on the back - they were sent blank - I guess our examinrer was OK with them - If he wasn't - there was no way to go back and redo it unless I had the Walgreen people put dates on them. :lol:

My date stamp for my camera makes the pictures look strange too. To me it makes them look fake like I added any date to them. it's a digital camera and really it could be any date you set on the camera to than be on the photo. seems pointless. I sent mine with no printed dates but wrote them on the back. Didn't get an rfe for it, only for proof of relationship.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Please every one note Calif service center wants photos with Digital dates imprinted on them Of course any moron can dial in a different date on their camera and the plesant guy on the phone ackowledeged this he said, that is how they like photo evidence, printing on the back is not considered acceptable evidence!!!!!! I had the ####### thread and am at a mellower mood after a nice chat with my Fiancee'.

Please note it sounds alittle weird but my Fiencee desires I do not post our timeline and I respect her wishes I think in some countries there is more fear/concern over how data can be used But our NOA1 was Dec20 and RFE APR 18

Well...my fiancé and I went through CSC and our photos did not have the digital dates on them. I simply wrote on the back the dates, which corresponded to the times shown on the boarding passes from when we were together. We were approved in February of this year.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

woodgc

Constructive advice as always!

I'm a little concerned with the evidence we've produced.

All my photos were digital photos which, when printed at the shops did not have dates printed at the back.

Nevertheless, I'm more concerned with the fact that airline stubs do not have dates on them. We have submitted the itineraries which obviously will have dates of departure/arrival, I wonder how how effective this secondery evidence will be? :unsure:

Along with that my fiance also photocopied his entire passport, this will identify his last visit to the UK.

What's most stressful for everyone is the difficulty in being able to make ocntact and/or ask for advice directly from USCIS.

There is no real difinitive answer as to what proof as a whole one should submit....hence why USCIS cannot offer those answers. When you look at it all logically it is not up to USCIS to have a defined list of requirements that one must submit to prove having met, just as it is not up to USCIS or the consulate to have a defined list of what one must show to prove a bonafide marriage/relationship. We know we are genuine cases, but there are many who do try and circumvent the system to gain a green card and they are not about to assist in that. One must submit the evidence one has to prove a case. As I said.....each case is different. What I have always advocated is sending only what is required. Many have argued on the sending of more with initial filing of a petition, to show evidence of the relationship and that it has its benefits especially for those petitioning for a partner in high fraud countries. Whilst I agree partially with that argument, IMO it can also have its downside at USCIS level. Give an adjudicator more then is required to adjudicate the petition, and one is opening the door for an adjudicator to find fault with a petition, to question.....culminating in an RFE.....even when what has been submitted to show the meeting requirements perhaps on its own would of sufficed and an approval otherwise granted.

There is little you can do but wait and see how the evidence you have submitted is viewed. An RFE is not necessarily a bad thing as at best it strengthens a petition and approvals in general come very quick after submitting the extra evidence requested. I have noted the very very few outright denials of a petition since joining VJ so dont stress it. Relax, breath and wait :)

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ours didn't have any imprinted dates on them and there was no problem.. :no:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.