Disparity Between VSC and CSC and

111 posts in this topic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Let's not lose sight, however, that everyone has begun a process that will eventually result in the light of their lives being in their arms. What an honor it is to know that someone thinks enough of you to pick up and move thousands of miles to be with you. Not bad. :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's very disheartening to see couples that filed only 1 month before you at VSC get approved, knowing full well that I will probably still be waiting for NOA2 AFTER their wedding. The sad part for me is that I served this country with honor. I still wear the scars both physical and emotional. I've never asked for anything in return. I will get to watch other people pass me by in this visajourney, that have no idea the sacrifices I made for this country. It's really a shame how the people that actually defended this country are forgotten about so quickly.

Sorry, just my little addition to the rant

Agreed - its appalling to me that you shouldn't qualify for some kind of expedited processing after what you have done for this country.

After reading the interview from a former USCIS worker on this site, it appears that the only thing holding back our petitions is the sheer volume. They admit that it takes about 15 minutes to review each one. Therefore a typical processor should be able to do about 3-4 per hour. In order to get petitions done in a month, VSC must have staffed itself up properly in order to provide that level of service. Question is, why doesn't CSC do that same? Why can't they hire enough officers to maintain a 1 month turn around? Especially with this huge influx of cash from our much more expensive applications? I mean, its not like the process has changed.

Some people say that it has nothing to do with politics, Congress or the President. I disagree. The civil service who runs this dept do have budgets and mandates which are set by these elected officials. If the President were to actually come out and say - "these wait times for LEGAL immigrants is unacceptable" and properly allocate budget for more processors, then its more likely that it will happen. Rare is the mention in the press about our plight - compare that with the number of articles on illegal immigration in the press.

Hire more processors, CSC, please.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Historically, the VSC has always been the faster office. It appears that they have handled most of the backlog caused by last years influx of petitions. Unfortunately, leaving a few behind waiting. :( I've heard that it has to do with managment in Vermont but really do not have first hand knowledge of that. However, if that's the case you would at least expect that CSC would want to learn a few things from VSC!

The problem with getting the government more involved is that not enough American's are even aware the process exists so it has no voice! We are all up in arms about illegal immigration but how many people do you know that actually understand the lengthy process that we have to go through to get our loved ones here legally? Until I was forced to deal with it I really didn't. Ignorance is bliss.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Its not like we can take it to the supreme court to make a change. Unfortunately we are just left in the dust. I too am a CSC filer and I feel like I need to wait half a year when a VSC filer only needs a few months. There might even be many who filed at the same time I did and be married by the time my K1 is approved.

This can be a very frustrating for me and honestly it is trying my patience. If there was something I could do then I would make any arrangement possible to have that done. Since non of my relatives are in congress or in any executive government, all I can do is wait, even if the process takes 12 months which it is starting to become a reality to me.

This sucks, but I try to hold the positive point of view considering the fact that one year may seem like a long time, but it really does go by fast. If for some reason my K1 is denied. I am not sure if I can do it again, but I am sure that I will try to create that bridge for my love one way or another.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I doubt they will do anything unless you have some real relation to them. Otherwise they don't care.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

could the disparity beween east and west have to do with the foreign locations of the beneficiaries?

Does CSC handle more K-1, K-3 from beneficiaries of Mexico and Asia where fraud rates and waiver delays are more prevelant....?

Just a thought... I agree with an earlier poster that if everyone is paying the same fee for a government service, there should be a similar timeframe.

Another thought is the actual location and thus type of persons working in the service center... CSC is right outside LA and the working situation will be urban, commutes, diverse group of people. VSC is in bumblef*k Vermont. I would think a better commute... happier people

Just some thoughts in the wind

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

could the disparity beween east and west have to do with the foreign locations of the beneficiaries?

Does CSC handle more K-1, K-3 from beneficiaries of Mexico and Asia where fraud rates and waiver delays are more prevelant....?

Just a thought... I agree with an earlier poster that if everyone is paying the same fee for a government service, there should be a similar timeframe.

Another thought is the actual location and thus type of persons working in the service center... CSC is right outside LA and the working situation will be urban, commutes, diverse group of people. VSC is in bumblef*k Vermont. I would think a better commute... happier people

Just some thoughts in the wind

I've often wondered where the h*** St. Albans, VT is...wouldn't surprise me if everyone in that town works for USCIS...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

I've often wondered where the h*** St. Albans, VT is...wouldn't surprise me if everyone in that town works for USCIS...

I just GoogleMapped St Albans, Vt. The town is located at the top Left corner of the state, where Vermont, New York State and Canada meet. It's about eight miles above Burlington, and eight miles below the Canadian border, not far from Montreal.

Not exactly the middle of nowhere, but not what I'd call a huge city.

Edited by psiprez

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

I just GoogleMapped St Albans, Vt. The town is located at the top Left corner of the state, where Vermont, New York State and Canada meet. It's about eight miles above Burlington, and eight miles below the Canadian border, not far from Montreal.

Not exactly the middle of nowhere, but not what I'd call a huge city.

I guess I might be right...or they need to be!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Timeline

Here's the thing: The system is what it is. We can try to work through the political process to affect change if that's something we really feel passionate about, but the fact is that all of our cases will be long gone through the system by the time any change is made. Mark Twain said "everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it." Think of USCIS like that.

The system is frustrating, slow, and opaque. But the key to making it through with your sanity intact is to try to be positive and resolve to settle in for a long wait. Blowing steam is ok, but be careful not to get sucked into a vortex of unhappiness. I've seen threads on these boards that I couldn't even read anymore because they made me so unhappy. You do not want to go there. You don't have to post about rainbows and puppies, but you'll only make it worse on yourself by dwelling on the negatives.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: If you think the waiting is hard right now, wait until people start getting approved around you. The wait will get about 10 times harder the minute you see that first approval past your date. That's why you need to go into those last weeks of waiting in as good a mental place as you can be. If you go into those last weeks miserable, you will be a complete wreck by the time you're approved.

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

Out of curiosity I checked the job posting for adjudication officers for the USCIS California Service center. All applicants must complete an exam to even be considered and the time it takes to score this multiple choice exam is 6-8weeks from the date of testing. And that doesn't even take into account the background checks, interviews, or training of the officers. So I think in order to hire the proper people and train them to do the job it takes quite a while. Which is sad, but a reality. I wish the process could be expedited to speed it up for everyone, but alas it is hiring is slow as well.

I-129F Sent to CSC : 12-21-07

I-129F Received at CSC : 12-27-07

I-129F NOA1 : 12-28-07

I-129F Touched : 1-3-08

I-129F NOA2 : 5-5-08

I-129F Touched : 5-6-08

NVC Received: 5-8-2008

Filed: Timeline
Out of curiosity I checked the job posting for adjudication officers for the USCIS California Service center. All applicants must complete an exam to even be considered and the time it takes to score this multiple choice exam is 6-8weeks from the date of testing. And that doesn't even take into account the background checks, interviews, or training of the officers. So I think in order to hire the proper people and train them to do the job it takes quite a while. Which is sad, but a reality. I wish the process could be expedited to speed it up for everyone, but alas it is hiring is slow as well.

Which is a good thing if you think about it. Think about all the access they have to personal information. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.