BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Pam, that dress is lovely and you look absolutely beautiful in it. Your man will be stunned, for sure. :)

My fiance is an artist, and an aspiring animated movie/video game designer. He told me that the only real "Dream" he has for his wedding is that he designs his wife's dress, so that's what I'm going to let him do. I'm very anxious to see what he has in mind, but.. I'm trying to be patient by not bugging him about it. :P

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Pam, that dress is lovely and you look absolutely beautiful in it. Your man will be stunned, for sure. :)

My fiance is an artist, and an aspiring animated movie/video game designer. He told me that the only real "Dream" he has for his wedding is that he designs his wife's dress, so that's what I'm going to let him do. I'm very anxious to see what he has in mind, but.. I'm trying to be patient by not bugging him about it. :P

Wow, that is so cool! Do be sure to post some pictures of it!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Ohhhh! Yes! for sure, I want to see it too!! :) but like you, we would need to be patient!

But it is a great gift he is going to do for you....I love that idea, it is so sweet! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ohhhh! Yes! for sure, I want to see it too!! :) but like you, we would need to be patient!

But it is a great gift he is going to do for you....I love that idea, it is so sweet! :)

Wow, slow work day is right, I hope you all got the dress discussion out of the way so I can chime in :lol:

Actually, Olga finally decided on her dress and I'm ordering it tomorrow, so this was perhaps an appropriate twist in the road after all. She's going with ivory rather than white, which I think will look wonderful on her. With as much as I have on my plate, I'm certainly glad that I don't have any aspirations for designing wedding wear. We should know our interview date tomorrow when the embassy reopens - I've got the card at the ready, and hopefully will be able to get some plane tickets figured out. So things are moving along again, thank goodness.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
To Shes and the other ones interested, I put a picture of my dress when I tried it on the very first time!!

I would love to see other pictures if anybody have already their dress too......what about you Cécile? :)

waow! thats 's a great dress!!you look gorgious! :thumbs:

i also got my wedding dress and have pictures, but i m too affraid Damon is going to see it if I post it....

for my part, for the courthouse wedding i bought a pretty dress, but not like a wedding dress (and not expensive) , at night we will have a party with our friends and a small wedding cake... and for the big ceremony i will wear the real wedding dress ; )

that's what we re going to do! :D

Timeline
Wow, slow work day is right, I hope you all got the dress discussion out of the way so I can chime in :lol:

Actually, Olga finally decided on her dress and I'm ordering it tomorrow, so this was perhaps an appropriate twist in the road after all. She's going with ivory rather than white, which I think will look wonderful on her. With as much as I have on my plate, I'm certainly glad that I don't have any aspirations for designing wedding wear. We should know our interview date tomorrow when the embassy reopens - I've got the card at the ready, and hopefully will be able to get some plane tickets figured out. So things are moving along again, thank goodness.

I thought about the men tonight, thinking we had a very "girly" day on that thread! :lol:

Well, things are moving forwards for you!

You must be very happy to know your interview date tomorrow!! :)

Good luck to you Blake! ;)

Timeline
waow! thats 's a great dress!!you look gorgious! :thumbs:

i also got my wedding dress and have pictures, but i m too affraid Damon is going to see it if I post it....

for my part, for the courthouse wedding i bought a pretty dress, but not like a wedding dress (and not expensive) , at night we will have a party with our friends and a small wedding cake... and for the big ceremony i will wear the real wedding dress ; )

that's what we re going to do! :D

Thank you Lucie, and also Kim and Lazunilereis!! :blush:

Oh, Lucie could you send a picture to me! I feel I am the only posting my dress! I really want to see other ones too! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I thought about the men tonight, thinking we had a very "girly" day on that thread! :lol:

Well, things are moving forwards for you!

You must be very happy to know your interview date tomorrow!! :)

Good luck to you Blake! ;)

Like I've said before, sometimes this thread goes in interesting directions. But it's always fun, even on "girly" days. Pam, I do have to say your dress looks wonderful, and you look wonderful wearing it. :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Congratulations to the recent NOA2s!

Just got my I-134 notarized today. I was only at the credit union for about 5 minutes!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between June 18, 2008 and June 30, 2008*. "

Well guess VJ estimation did not work for me and Gareth :( unless of course it shows up in next few days and is dated the 30th that is haha....I can hope and dream right!? We are almost to 170 days since we filed :( UGHHHHHHH So hard not to get down and discouraged when that 180 day mark is right around the corner and still no answer except the fact we may be stuck in security checks.... :/

Pam I would totally post a pic of me in my gown but that would mean someone taking it for me and it really needs to get steamed as it has a ton of wrinkles in it and I need to get my shrug jacket fitted better. But you know I will share loads of pics of our wedding day!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

got some question about the I-134? my fiance (the petitioner) told me that he heard someone says that he has to submit the I-134 to the NVC..

is that correct? cus what ive learned is that..i, ( the beneficiary) will be the one who will present that to the CO during my interview at the USEM.

a bit confused... :blink:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

got some question about the I-134? my fiance (the petitioner) told me that he heard someone says that he has to submit the I-134 to the NVC..

is that correct? cus what ive learned is that..i, ( the beneficiary) will be the one who will present that to the CO during my interview at the USEM.

From all the research I've done...I'm pretty sure you bring the i-134 to the interview... :blink:

You have to bring it to the interview, it is written on the checklist of packet 3 of stuff which you'll have to take to the interview :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

lol, I received a call from the consulate earlier this morning. They were wondering if I made an error or if I was still waiting for some of the things mentioned in the checklist (which I still am, btw) coz I've only sent the requested forms back to the consulate and not the checklist yet (which was basically what the checklist asked me to do).

Turns out people usually wait until they have everything and then send the checklist in together with the other forms but the way I did was actually the requested method, which was also ok with them.

I think it was cool they called me, it was a really nice lady (Dutch speaking btw) and it shows to me that they're on top of it.. it kinda makes me feel more confident about the whole thing hehe :D

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline
lol, I received a call from the consulate earlier this morning. They were wondering if I made an error or if I was still waiting for some of the things mentioned in the checklist (which I still am, btw) coz I've only sent the requested forms back to the consulate and not the checklist yet (which was basically what the checklist asked me to do).

Turns out people usually wait until they have everything and then send the checklist in together with the other forms but the way I did was actually the requested method, which was also ok with them.

I think it was cool they called me, it was a really nice lady (Dutch speaking btw) and it shows to me that they're on top of it.. it kinda makes me feel more confident about the whole thing hehe :D

Yes, it is really nice that they called you! It makes the process look a bit more human. You are not just a case number :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.