BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
You guys are so talkative over here! The February CSC filers are so quiet! :( Can I come hang out with you guys?

Right now February is in the standard 60 day depression phase - where one really doesn't want to talk about anything because there's nothing good to say about the whole process. That's what's probably keeping the Feb CSC thread quiet at the moment. My depression actually has gone on for 84 days, but that's beside the point :yes: The point is that everyone is welcome here regardless. Think of it as a campfire you can stop by to warm yourself for a few minutes before you get on with your journey (its cold and rainy outside, hence, the analogy)

Back to sleep now...........

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so talkative over here! The February CSC filers are so quiet! :( Can I come hang out with you guys?

Right now February is in the standard 60 day depression phase - where one really doesn't want to talk about anything because there's nothing good to say about the whole process. That's what's probably keeping the Feb CSC thread quiet at the moment. My depression actually has gone on for 84 days, but that's beside the point :yes: The point is that everyone is welcome here regardless. Think of it as a campfire you can stop by to warm yourself for a few minutes before you get on with your journey (its cold and rainy outside, hence, the analogy)

Back to sleep now...........

Mine ebbs and flows...it was ok until he visited at the beginning of April and then it was really, really bad for me until last week. Now I'm doing better, but he's really unhappy. It's supposed to get really warm here today...we're supposed to be in the 80's by Wednesday! (That's about 27/28-ish for my Celsius friends...I've gotten good at doing that conversion in my head :D )

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline
Mine ebbs and flows...it was ok until he visited at the beginning of April and then it was really, really bad for me until last week. Now I'm doing better, but he's really unhappy. It's supposed to get really warm here today...we're supposed to be in the 80's by Wednesday! (That's about 27/28-ish for my Celsius friends...I've gotten good at doing that conversion in my head :D )

That whole celcius thing is entirely irrational, I don't know why anyone would want to use it....... oh wait, I think I have that backward :lol: I'm hopeless, thank goodness I'm not moving to the Ukraine.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

I'm actually feeling okay. Is that bad to admit to? Of course I miss Alex but by now I've really forgotten what regular physical contact is like so I'm not missing that so much. I still talk to him every day, naturally! I've been so busy with work/family/friends lately that I'm not minding the wait so much any more.

Plus Sim houses have been occupying a lot of my time. Ah, if only real-life architecture was so simple!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I'm actually feeling okay. Is that bad to admit to? Of course I miss Alex but by now I've really forgotten what regular physical contact is like so I'm not missing that so much. I still talk to him every day, naturally! I've been so busy with work/family/friends lately that I'm not minding the wait so much any more.

Plus Sim houses have been occupying a lot of my time. Ah, if only real-life architecture was so simple!

I don't think that's bad...I think it makes perfect sense. The month or so after a visit is always really bad...getting back into that routine of being apart just sucks...but once you're there, it doesn't hurt as badly.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

pm me if you feel really burdened coz of those books, i'd be so glad to help :whistle:
Glad to know you're in the market dbears, I've got around 2500 books spread in 17 book cases - I've go at least one room that is wall to wall bookshelves. Now that's called never getting rid of a book. I've got juat about anything anyone would want to read about - fact, fiction, culture, language, etc. But I've got to make room for all the Russian language books that hopefully will be arriving soon. Yikes, I don't want to buy another bookcase!

WHOA! 2,500 books... when I was a kid, I dreamt of having my own mini library in my house but of course I never knew then that I would be sharing my house with somebody who is not into reading much... I would have to check first if Ricky would have an extra room to turn into a mini library.

I don't think that's bad...I think it makes perfect sense. The month or so after a visit is always really bad...getting back into that routine of being apart just sucks...but once you're there, it doesn't hurt as badly.

I'm sharing the same sentiments. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well I am def in depression mode again as we hit the 100 day mark this weekend. BLAH. May we will have hit the 1 year mark of not seeing one another in person.....sorry but that is way too DAMN long for no physical contact in my book :( We want this approval so bad we can taste it! I just soooo want the end in site.....nothing to do but wait and wait though at this point....get so sick of people asking "so have ya heard anything?" umm NO do you not think I would be shouting from the rooftops if we had?! OY VEY!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Well I am def in depression mode again as we hit the 100 day mark this weekend. BLAH. May we will have hit the 1 year mark of not seeing one another in person.....sorry but that is way too DAMN long for no physical contact in my book :( We want this approval so bad we can taste it! I just soooo want the end in site.....nothing to do but wait and wait though at this point....get so sick of people asking "so have ya heard anything?" umm NO do you not think I would be shouting from the rooftops if we had?! OY VEY!

I get so sick of that question, too! Really...when it comes through, EVERYONE will know. I'll write "NOA2" across my forehead in purple sharpie!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I get so sick of that question, too! Really...when it comes through, EVERYONE will know. I'll write "NOA2" across my forehead in purple sharpie!

no kidding! i've had people asking over and over since january (when we were getting our paperwork in order). some days i like talking about it but other days... :wacko:

sunnybear - a year apart? that IS too damn long for no physical contact. i hope you get your approval soon and that the process speeds along for you. DAMN CSC!

i can't imagine being apart from david for a year. heck - we've only hit the 5 week mark and i'm already going out of my mind from no physical contact. even a teeny tiny little hug would be nice. 4 more sleeps for us. we're very lucky. :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I just read a thread where someone at the VSC just got their NOA2. Its depressing cause I checked their timeline and we have almost the NOA1 date. :( Heres to the CSc speeding up!

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

That whole celcius thing is entirely irrational, I don't know why anyone would want to use it....... oh wait, I think I have that backward :lol: I'm hopeless, thank goodness I'm not moving to the Ukraine.

Hmm... I wish it was like 80's over here already... it dropped back to 60-65ish while it was around 75 last weekend (meaning it was around 85 inside the house :D I LOVE IT! hehe).

Bout the celsius thing being irrational, I think you have that backwards indeed.. I am pretty much used to both celsius and fahrenheit, I rarely need to calculate to know what the temperature is but I do feel the celsius part is way much logical.. it's based (like the rest of the metric system) on tenths.. 0 is freezing point of water, 100 celsius is the boiling point... it's pretty much straight forward.

But I have that feeling about a lot of things when I compare it with the metric system.. I think the metric system is way much easier... I mean, you got 12 inch in a feet, 3 feet in a yard, a rod is 5 1/2 yard, furlong is 220 yard and a mile is 1760 yard?? What's up with that, isn't it much easier when you can devide everything through 10? Like 10 millimeter = 1 centimeter, 10 centimeter = 1 decimeter, 10 decimeter = 1 meter, and then you got decameter, hectometer and kilometer, all goes up in the same amount as the others.. I mean, how easy can you have it by saying 1000 meter is 1 kilometer instead of 1 mile is 1760 yard.

And yeah, I guess I could do the same with the weight tables, pounds, kilos and such... I kinda feel our system makes more sense than the US system as well but oh well.. it is something I got to live with in a couple of months.. I doubt there will be a global thing anytime soon lol (although they do use our weights in nursing according to my SO).

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i saw one, theyre a DECEMBER filer though..CSC too.

NOA1 : 12-07-2008

Touched : 03-19-2008

NOA2 : 03-19-2008

Touched : 04-08-2008

Touched : 04-22-2008

yeah i know ur noticing that NOA1 date..mYBe they mistakenly put 2008 instead of 2007...i didnt edit so its copied frm the original...the couple names are "RANIE AND GLEN"

im waiting with anticipation (still) that me and sweetheart will gt that NOA2 by MAY

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I totally agree... everytime I want to tell "if I had heard anything you would already know it, then stop asking!". But that's only when I'm in a bad mood.

Rachel it's totally OK to say that you're feeling fine, in this whole process.

April was the depression month for me. it was the 100 day mark, CSC stopped working and Bryan got a new job, which means new schedule and we can only talk together once a week now, unless I wake up in the middle of the night (which is something I may do this week). VSC January filers started getting the K1 visa, and even though I was very happy for them it still made me sad for myself. And on top of that, a few other problems or decisions to make: a trip to plan with my mother that now that we have planned everything we can't do anymore, a decision to make about where we're going to live in the USA (well this one hasn't been made completely yet but that's still stressful).

I'm also trying to decide if I should go back to the US before the visa, but since I can't leave work until the middle of June, if we get NOA2 soon then that's almost not worth it... oh well... we're going to wait and see.

That's why I'm waiting for May :) it will be all better when CSC is back on track and I'll get used to seeing Bryan on the webcam only once a week. Then I can start being happy everyday again :D (but don't worry, even though I'm stressed and kind of depressed sometimes, most of the time I'm still happy so that's not too bad)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Sunnybear, you and I are in the same boat - I've gone 222 days since seeing Olga, I can't imagine the one year mark. I'm feeling quite monastic at this point (such as mumbling things to myself and walking around looking at the ground). My mood overall is stable, however, as I've resigned myself to the process. No one outside this process understands the difference between the two processing centers (as if anyone inside the site understands it either). So I get a lot of "Why don't you just file in Vermont?" .....and the whole discussion begins again.

We will all survive this, although I'm not sure we will not have a limp or nervous tick for a while.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Sunnybear, you and I are in the same boat - I've gone 222 days since seeing Olga, I can't imagine the one year mark. I'm feeling quite monastic at this point (such as mumbling things to myself and walking around looking at the ground). My mood overall is stable, however, as I've resigned myself to the process. No one outside this process understands the difference between the two processing centers (as if anyone inside the site understands it either). So I get a lot of "Why don't you just file in Vermont?" .....and the whole discussion begins again.

We will all survive this, although I'm not sure we will not have a limp or nervous tick for a while.

I think we could safely say "No one outside this process understands" and end the sentence there. I've had so many people who act like we're living apart by CHOICE. Even my mom will make comments like "well...there's no reason to be so upset and stressed all of the time. You just need to stop putting yourself under so much stress and you'll feel better." I'm always like "ok, mom...how would you suggest I reduce my stress levels?"

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.