50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wonder if they do this how many people will be all stocked up on gas and how many will run out and get new shoes?

Are they going to hand out gas cards so the money can only be used towards gas?

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Timeline
I know what it WON'T do... it won't buy my vote!

You keep making such statements and the $100.00 check will be waiting only for those that vote Republican in November. It's painfully obvious that such drastic measures will be needed to ensure the policy accomplishes it's goal. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You keep making such statements and the $100.00 check will be waiting only for those that vote Republican in November. It's painfully obvious that such drastic measures will be needed to ensure the policy accomplishes it's goal. :whistle:

like i said... what is $100 to me when the price of gas is so high? i dont care if i get it or not. it wont help my gas situation one bit

like i said... what is $100 to me when the price of gas is so high? i dont care if i get it or not. it wont help my gas situation one bit

Like I said, it ain't about helping your situation. It's about getting your vote. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Like I said, it ain't about helping your situation. It's about getting your vote. ;)

and you are well aware of what i think about that :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Rather than handing over a small amount of cash to everyone they should be officially regulating the price of gas and making those stupid oil companies stop ripping everyone off!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

How do they decide who gets it?

This sounds like a bad idea to me. Price caps as a function of the price of crude may be a better solution.

Free market works better.

When gas prices were low Detroit was very happy selling gas guzzling SUVs. Gas prices are now high and no one is buying them... Higher mileage cars are aready (by the Japanese) out in the form of Hybrids. More will come.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Isn't the $100 then going to be taxed by the states as income? So you're looking at actually getting, what, $80 of it? And then it also counts against your 2006 refund ...

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

by the time kansas gets done with the taxes, i'll be lucky to buy one gallon :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

The only thing that really would help is implementing better fuel efficiency standards now. Everything else is not going to help. Although it might be a good idea if people buying new cars would get a check/tax break from the government if the car has good efficiency to convince people to go for those efficient cars.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Timeline

seems that the richer someone is, the more wastefull they are. bleh

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Although it might be a good idea if people buying new cars would get a check/tax break from the government if the car has good efficiency to convince people to go for those efficient cars.

The big bucks are given away to those that buy Hummers and Suburbans. Pittances (in comparison) are offered to those that purchase hybrids. That's the reality...

Timeline

i'm still wondering how they will decide to distribute it.

1 - give everyone who files a tax return the refund?

2 - refund to the states so they can refund it based on auto registration?

i'm sure if it's a blanket refund like in #1, people who don't even own a car will get it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *