idocare

Internet Love

252 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Thanks again IDO for your current and past posts. PLEASE READ WITH A CALM SET OF EYES :D I am one of those who has not posted my story because I truly don't want to feel verbal salt thrown into my still fresh wounds. IDO has been brave in sharing and I will say that most of what she has mentioned, has befallen me in a similar way. Although MY story is ,probably, the mother of all stories I still feel that it is ok to share both the good and the bad with others.

I truly rejoice when a couple has been united and I silently cry when another experiences trauma. I only know one side of the journey, and that is the side that many of us share. My husband knows only his side of the journey, but there is no shortage of people who are more than willing to help him "adjust" or "get ahead" in the US. That being said, I welcome everyone's story because I know we are harder on each other when our relationships hit the skids, than the SO's friends are on them.

This is our VJ village and those who have walked the long and hard road have much to share with those who are just beginning their journey. EVEN MORE CALMY SAID, I believe we are all here because we fell in love with and married or intend to marry someone from Sub-Sahara Africa. (Jomo hangs with us too) So with love, if we can help make that path a little smoother for you by alerting you to some pitfalls, please don't be too upset. One little piece of information shared here probably has helped more people than we realize.

Gracias por leer.

:thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot : I would thou wert cold or hot.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Revelation 3:15 and 16.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Another fine example of why I seek out other forums who know how to act like adults and respect each persons opinion. It seems that most here are so full of anger and just like to attack. The rattler from no where is totally off base. More than an opinion, that is fact.

Health and Wellness to you always

May your life be filled with many colors.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Another fine example of why I seek out other forums who know how to act like adults and respect each persons opinion. It seems that most here are so full of anger and just like to attack. The rattler from no where is totally off base. More than an opinion, that is fact.

It's true that there are some here that are angry and attack. However, welcome to the forum typee0. We're glad to have you around.

I don't always get in on the arguments. There are just some children here who don't know how to play nice and share the playground. :whistle:

But most of us ARE adults and can play nicely with each other :yes:

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks again IDO for your current and past posts. PLEASE READ WITH A CALM SET OF EYES :D I am one of those who has not posted my story because I truly don't want to feel verbal salt thrown into my still fresh wounds. IDO has been brave in sharing and I will say that most of what she has mentioned, has befallen me in a similar way. Although MY story is ,probably, the mother of all stories I still feel that it is ok to share both the good and the bad with others.

I truly rejoice when a couple has been united and I silently cry when another experiences trauma. I only know one side of the journey, and that is the side that many of us share. My husband knows only his side of the journey, but there is no shortage of people who are more than willing to help him "adjust" or "get ahead" in the US. That being said, I welcome everyone's story because I know we are harder on each other when our relationships hit the skids, than the SO's friends are on them.

This is our VJ village and those who have walked the long and hard road have much to share with those who are just beginning their journey. EVEN MORE CALMY SAID, I believe we are all here because we fell in love with and married or intend to marry someone from Sub-Sahara Africa. (Jomo hangs with us too) So with love, if we can help make that path a little smoother for you by alerting you to some pitfalls, please don't be too upset. One little piece of information shared here probably has helped more people than we realize.

Gracias por leer.

:thumbs:

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to have gotten the term of MUGU wrong......lol So for the record Mugu means BIG FOOL.........lol. Ms Mugu that was too funny ???

I believe it was a Nigerian fellow ( Mercury1 I think that was name he was under ) that first brought that word to this forum. I appreciate him taking the time to further enlighten us. His post didn't fall on deaf ears, as I know my posts don't.

This is a forum where almost everyone is at different stage in their visa journey as you can read my signature I've been posting off and on since 2004. Back then my postings where in line with those that were waiting for their Alien to arrive, I had feelings of joy, inpatience, and a longing to be with my man. Some of you are currently experiencing some of those feelings now and I totally understand as I know your conversations with you fiance/husbands that are abrode are stimulating and positive and leaves you with a desire to get them here with you at all cost. I already been there and I can remember the feeling of finally meeting my soulmate and the longing to have him here with me.

Even back in 2004 there were some people that would post from time to time about being used by their alien spouse for the greencard benefit, I like many of you now went on the defense of my man even tho in the back of my mind I knew that I didn't really know what my Alien fiance was capable of doing. I decided to take a chance on him because I felt love for him, and yes, the sex was good, moreso I was thinking that this man would appreciate me providing him with a way of coming into the states and wouldn't do me any harm, but would be my lifelong partner as he said he would so many times over the phone and while I was in Nigeria with him.

Some of you are currently at this spot, so what do you do after hearing stories of Aliens coming here and making the sponsors life miserable before leaving them, you probably do what I did, you trust your Alien, cause he's telling you all the right things, after all what is a relationship without trust !!!

I believe it was a African man that posted something to this effect " You'll never know the masquerade, some get off the plane knowing the exact time they plan to leave the relationship " " Oh I never thought I'd fall in love with her/him." ( That last sentence could be interputed 2 differnt ways )

On another form here in VJ a fellow named Tito posted a situation similar to mines, his Alien spouse was a Russian women, at first people jumped all over him for trying to warn others of the possibilites or their current relationship they called him bitter, susgested he get couseling and told him to get over it etc. etc.

I can relate to Tito, because I too was a victim of a fraudulent marriage and I, just like Tito wanted to share my story because i feel the possiblity of the sponsor being used in a similiar manner is high.

I don't hold any anger, I don't need any form of counseling, however I do feel a desire to share my story, I can't and will never say all aliens are only after a greencard because I don't know that and neither do any of the sponsors, it's only that Alien ( and God ) that know the Aliens real intent, but what I can do is tell my story and some of the things that I feel are warning signs that your relationship might heading down the same path as mines.

I have cleared my mail box again and I welcome anyone to send me some mail or if you just need to vent, you can contact me. I'm here to help others thru my experience and I will continue to post everynow and again as we all know new people arrive on this site almost everyday, heck, I plan to continue posting as long as I'm physically able to as the reality is that not all aliens are coming here because they love their sponsors instead they are coming for their own selfish agendas which will cause the sponsor MANY problems, the stress of going thru this process has nothing on the stress you will go thru if you alien decides to act a fool.

So in short for those that are advising me to go and get counseling I in return advise you to go and seek counseling and learn to love yourself first before looking for love in all the wrong places.

As for me I find joy in assisting someone that may be going thru what I have experienced and I also believe that all things work together for the good. So please let me be, I appreciate your concern for my mental state but clean out your own closets before judging mines.

Edited by idocare

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Sorry to have gotten the term of MUGU wrong......lol So for the record Mugu means BIG FOOL.........lol. Ms Mugu that was too funny ???

I believe it was a Nigerian fellow ( Mercury1 I think that was name he was under ) that first brought that word to this forum. I appreciate him taking the time to further enlighten us. His post didn't fall on deaf ears, as I know my posts don't.

This is a forum where almost everyone is at different stage in their visa journey as you can read my signature I've been posting off and on since 2004. Back then my postings where in line with those that were waiting for their Alien to arrive, I had feelings of joy, inpatience, and a longing to be with my man. Some of you are currently experiencing some of those feelings now and I totally understand as I know your conversations with you fiance/husbands that are abrode are stimulating and positive and leaves you with a desire to get them here with you at all cost. I already been there and I can remember the feeling of finally meeting my soulmate and the longing to have him here with me.

Even back in 2004 there were some people that would post from time to time about being used by their alien spouse for the greencard benefit, I like many of you now went on the defense of my man even tho in the back of my mind I knew that I didn't really know what my Alien fiance was capable of doing. I decided to take a chance on him because I felt love for him, and yes, the sex was good, moreso I was thinking that this man would appreciate me providing him with a way of coming into the states and wouldn't do me any harm, but would be my lifelong partner as he said he would so many times over the phone and while I was in Nigeria with him.

Some of you are currently at this spot, so what do you do after hearing stories of Aliens coming here and making the sponsors life miserable before leaving them, you probably do what I did, you trust your Alien, cause he's telling you all the right things, after all what is a relationship without trust !!!

I believe it was a African man that posted something to this effect " You'll never know the masquerade, some get off the plane knowing the exact time they plan to leave the relationship " " Oh I never thought I'd fall in love with her/him." ( That last sentence could be interputed 2 differnt ways )

On another form here in VJ a fellow named Tito posted a situation similar to mines, his Alien spouse was a Russian women, at first people jumped all over him for trying to warn others of the possibilites or their current relationship they called him bitter, susgested he get couseling and told him to get over it etc. etc.

I can relate to Tito, because I too was a victim of a fraudulent marriage and I, just like Tito wanted to share my story because i feel the possiblity of the sponsor being used in a similiar manner is high.

I don't hold any anger, I don't need any form of counseling, however I do feel a desire to share my story, I can't and will never say all aliens are only after a greencard because I don't know that and neither do any of the sponsors, it's only that Alien ( and God ) that know the Aliens real intent, but what I can do is tell my story and some of the things that I feel are warning signs that your relationship might heading down the same path as mines.

I have cleared my mail box again and I welcome anyone to send me some mail or if you just need to vent, you can contact me. I'm here to help others thru my experience and I will continue to post everynow and again as we all know new people arrive on this site almost everyday, heck, I plan to continue posting as long as I'm physically able to as the reality is that not all aliens are coming here because they love their sponsors instead they are coming for their own selfish agendas which will cause the sponsor MANY problems, the stress of going thru this process has nothing on the stress you will go thru if you alien decides to act a fool.

So in short for those that are advising me to go and get counseling I in return advise you to go and seek counseling and learn to love yourself first before looking for love in all the wrong places.

As for me I find joy in assisting someone that may be going thru what I have experienced and I also believe that all things work together for the good. So please let me be, I appreciate your concern for my mental state but clean out your own closets before judging mines.

"Its not what goes into a man that makes him unclean but what comes out of his mouth" "its better to be quiet and appear to be a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" I can only judge by what I have read. And personally my story and how I met my husband is completely different from yours. I find the way you try to "assist" people very negative and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I remember once my husband was panicked cause he lost his passport (eventually found it) and I posted on forum for advice and the only comment you made was to compare him to something your ex did, one simple sentence but it dripped with negativity, suspicion and assumtion. Is that what you call assisting? And as if you could compare your ex to my husband! And maybe you didnt love yourself enough to make wise decisions about where YOU looked for love but that doesnt mean I have. You will be in my prayers. I pray you heal and move on with your life in leave all bitterness behind. Peace.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We are all aware that when you marry a foreigner; you take alot of risks and responsibilities. I am very sorry that you were a victim. I think that it is inhumane for ANY human to play with another's emotions. It seems like you are going thru alot of anger of maybe even some pain (still) and it has been afew years since you have been separated from your husband. Please let it go...get rid of all the negativity..you deserve to be happy. It is improper to try to bring VJ member's in your world...when they want to be happy. There are alot of success storys on this website and in this forum...which is beautiful.

One day, I hope to open one of your postings or read one of your reponses to another VJ member and just hear something positive..without ANY negativity. My heart goes out to eveyone who had any bad experiences with men, trust me, I can relate. You do not have to marry a foreigner to go thru pain and become traumatized. I truly wish you the best in life and just want you to be happy because I hardly hear anything positive from you. Have a very BLESSED day, you deserve it.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Timeline

Efia06

Thanks for praying for me can you please pray for my whole family? Aint nothing wrong with someone saying a prayer.

I will only address you this one time. After that anything you want to say is fine with me but I'm not going to address it. Efia regardless of the way you met your husband, how well you all hit it off and how many times he tells you that he loves you, You efia06 won't know his real intentions until he arrives here and you all live as husband and wife. Although your prepared to go to battle for your man, you won't know if he's also prepared to do the same for you.

You parable can apply to all situations, especially a person who's husband is still abroad and they for what ever reason want to exalt themselves, what is your reason? As this is a forum, if you post something and I feel moved to address it, that's what I'm gonna do, period. Now weither you approve of my message or not is totally your issue. You Efia06 currently aren't in a position to control what I decide to type, you don't have to agree with me but I will excercise my freedom to express myself, and continue to be myself. You efia06 are in a position to not read anything else I decide to type as I don't post of here to get approval and high fives from anyone that might read what I type. Bottom line you don't control me, and I don't type my messages looking for approval from you.

So in short if you post anything and I choose to answer that's what I'm gonna do, if you choose to get offended, then deal with your feelings, because I'm not a replica of you so I may not share the feelings that may dwell within you.

I can't speak of what will happen in your relationship Efia06 but then again neither can you ! You don't know what your husband will be like once he comes here. Although I do wish you and your relationship well, the fact remains that even your relationship may be built on deceit. You can call me foolish because I trusted and loved a man abrode that I met on the internet but I'm just wondering how u think your relationship is so different when you are doing what I already did ? Hummmmm. (minus meeting him online ) Again I wish your relationship well and I like to extend you an invitation to keep posting as the month and years go by, will you do that ?

Finally I'm not bitter and I have moved on with my life that's why I can freely post of my experience. you see I like to help others, I don't wish for anybody to go about blindly and fall deep in a scam the reality is that some couples won't make it and it may or may not be a scam, but when your in the midst of a scam wondering ####### is going on, at least you can at that time begin to understand what I'm doing. You might even find some comfort and know what you need to do to protect yourself, or at least know that there is someone out there that has been there who just might have some advice or just a ear they can vent into. I don't expect you to understand. Again thanks for praying for me, in this world I can use all the prayers I can get.

Edited by idocare

idocare

Timeline

I have sent you an email Idocare; I am not sure if you have checked it or not. For those of you who are curious of who I am, I have not gone about posting any new messages in a very long time.

Efia06

Thanks for praying for me can you please pray for my whole family? Aint nothing wrong with someone saying a prayer.

I will only address you this one time. After that anything you want to say is fine with me but I'm not going to address it. Efia regardless of the way you met your husband, how well you all hit it off and how many times he tells you that he loves you, You efia06 won't know his real intentions until he arrives here and you all live as husband and wife. Although your prepared to go to battle for your man, you won't know if he's also prepared to do the same for you.

You parable can apply to all situations, especially a person who's husband is still abroad and they for what ever reason want to exalt themselves, what is your reason? As this is a forum, if you post something and I feel moved to address it, that's what I'm gonna do, period. Now weither you approve of my message or not is totally your issue. You Efia06 currently aren't in a position to control what I decide to type, you don't have to agree with me but I will excercise my freedom to express myself, and continue to be myself. You efia06 are in a position to not read anything else I decide to type as I don't post of here to get approval and high fives from anyone that might read what I type. Bottom line you don't control me, and I don't type my messages looking for approval from you.

So in short if you post anything and I choose to answer that's what I'm gonna do, if you choose to get offended, then deal with your feelings, because I'm not a replica of you so I may not share the feelings that may dwell within you.

I can't speak of what will happen in your relationship Efia06 but then again neither can you ! You don't know what your husband will be like once he comes here. Although I do wish you and your relationship well, the fact remains that even your relationship may be built on deceit. You can call me foolish because I trusted and loved a man abrode that I met on the internet but I'm just wondering how u think your relationship is so different when you are doing what I already did ? Hummmmm. (minus meeting him online ) Again I wish your relationship well and I like to extend you an invitation to keep posting as the month and years go by, will you do that ?

Finally I'm not bitter and I have moved on with my life that's why I can freely post of my experience. you see I like to help others, I don't wish for anybody to go about blindly and fall deep in a scam the reality is that some couples won't make it and it may or may not be a scam, but when your in the midst of a scam wondering ####### is going on, at least you can at that time begin to understand what I'm doing. You might even find some comfort and know what you need to do to protect yourself, or at least know that there is someone out there that has been there who just might have some advice or just a ear they can vent into. I don't expect you to understand. Again thanks for praying for me, in this world I can use all the prayers I can get.

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Efia06

Timeline
Efia06

ido, you are right about not knowing how people can change once taken out of the environment they have become accustomed to. I spoke with my husband about that. But honestly any marriage changes people. You find things about yourself and your mate. yes, there are those who marry for a green card, money, or any number of reasons that may be the wrong reason. However, in my case. I am a married woman. That is for life under the Bible's command. So, unless my husband dies or cheats on me I cannot divorce. So, telling me to be suspicious of his intentions will be detremental to the peace and love we have in our marriage.

I was insulted when you compared mine to yours because, yours has proven to be a wicked person, whereas my husband has proven to be nothing but loving honest and a God-fearing man. Whether he or I change during the course of our marriage or life no one can predict. But comparing an innocent man to a guilty one merely because their immigration issues are similiar is prejudicial and unfair. My circumstances allowed me to be as sure, that I am marrying a man with good intentions, as any woman who lived in the same country with her fiancee knows.

Now, if my husband does what yours did, I certainly will be shocked beyond comprehension and if he leaves me, thats his loss, but God will never leave me. I will never be abandoned by the person I love most in life, so im good :)

I do apologize for assuming things about you. I just couldnt empathisize with the way you were going about the aftermath so it threw me off. Anyways...gotta get back to work. Peace.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Timeline

Efia06

I totally agree with you when you typed the one thing you can be sure of is 'God, for he will never leave you nor forsake you. Regardless of where you are from, where he is from, regardless of your tribes tradition, no 2 people that join themselves together are guaranteed to stay together. Heck even in America there are some African couples that find themselves in line to seek divorce papers.

Boo Boo

Why label me depressed ? I assure you that all is well here. My story might make you depressed, however I'm the one that lived it and I can assure you there is life after a fraudulent international marriage, once again, I tell my story NOT due to being deeply depressed, but to let the newbies on here no of the possibility of their relationship. There are people on here that are currently going thru what I have went thru and I predict there will be more that will gradually tread down that road. I hope that your not one of them, since you already know about what I'm going to type and it offends YOU to read it, please reframe from reading it or open it and reoffend yourself. It's your choice.

As for me I will continue to do what I feel is best.

idocare

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello all,

First I want to say for those that my message don't apply to just Dont reply.

I met my ex-husband thru the internet, he then was a medical doctor in Nigeria, he contacted me and we hit it off as most internet relationships do. with this new found love I found myself booking a ticket to go and meet him. While in Nigeria and meeting my ex for the first time he proposed marriage to me, however it was already being talked about over the phone before I arrived. Oh that man said he loved me so much.

During my 6-day stay there he protected and shielded me. I went to work with him and actually sat in as he seen his patients. I met a friend of his as well as everyone that was on staff at the hospital that he worked at and all was good.

I met his mother and some family members and they seemed really nice. About day 4 of my ex-husband driving thru the diasterous traffic I begin to feel at ease with his driving skills as well as all the vendors running in the streets to make a sale. Again, all was good.

Fast foward to time to leave, ......ofcourse I accepted his proposal and we were officially a couple engaged. I was older then my ex-husband, but that didn't matter to me. The fact that he showed me all that attention and love was what mattered. He showed and told me that he loved me, however I was in Nigeria at that time. I had never sponsored a man to come from overseas so I didn't really know much about it. I did do research on his country and found a site where it said that a Nigerian man will walk away from a marriage leaving his wife to find a way to feed their kids, agian that didn't matter to me, because while I was there in Nigeria this man treated me like a queen (not to mention that he was a doctor there. )

Here in the states I worked in the medical field and actually worked with other Nigerian doctors, I didn't know them very personally but they were respectful towards me so no alarms went off.

Again my ex-husband and his family were very kind and repectful as well.

FAST FOWARD:

My ex arrives in the states thru a K-1 visa I filed for in his behalf. He tells me that we need to marry quick so that he can become a doctor here in America and raise the family income. ( who wouldn't go for that after all that's your fiance talking, the man that you trust and love ) So ofcourse I complied with my soon to be husband.

FAST FOWARD:

After marriage gradually he begin to create strive and discord in our relationship ( his beginning plan for leaving the relationship ) and evenually he left our family home and begin writing letters talking about how abrusive I was towards him......... ( At that time I knew nothing about a I-360 )

Our son was only 3-weeks old when he left, Here in Seattle they have a rather large Nigerian community here, I didn't know that either.

Moral of my experience is that you won't know of an aliens intentions, you will know of what they tell you prior to coming into America or obtaining their papers. I understand many of you being supportive and thinking that your relationship is real and that your alien spouse really love s you and your both deeply in love, I've already been there and done that. What many of you don't and won't grasp is the masquerade until it becomes too late.

My ex-husband was from Nigeria, and from what I have read on this site from postngs from men that say they r from Nigeria is that others that want to come into the states look for a MUGU ( a fool ) to file paperwork for them and get them into the states. It don't matter your age, race, or financial income, as long as the paperwork goes thru, other countries also partake in this scam not just Africans.

If you love your mate, ofcourse you trust them, leaving u the LPR/American, very vulnerable because once your love arrives legally, there are ways to stay here, without u the sponsor being involved. There will be some from this site that is posting regularly that will experience what I and others have experienced, not because your a bad person it will be because of the scam.

I'm not bitter, I'm just committed to posting every-now-and -again to enlighten others. But again like I said you won't really know what an aliens intentions are , I do believe that there are good people all over the world, and now I believe that there r also scammers all over the world as well.

This Internet has made it easier for Aliens to come into America thru marriage and don't look for the aliens family to be nothing but good to you, afterall your bringing there love one into America.

Many have ran to Nigeria and married without giving there spouse a chance to prove their love towards them. ( Sex isn't a proof of internal love it only satifies both lusty sexual desires ) Many of us have spent thousands of dollars sending money to our alien loved ones and talking on the phone to them, ofcourse once they arrive here and eventually start acting a fool your left with thinking of all the money and time you have invested into this person, and in most cases you try to make it work with a person that don't want to be with you.

Take it from me, if the alien no longer wants to be with you they won't, unless they are in school and your supporting them or something similiar. However the true colors come out eventually.

I guess what needs to be demostrated is the love that they proclaim.

Finally, to all that are going thru this process, I wish you all well and hope that your visajourney becomes one full of longevity and joy.

my thoughts to you is to become familiar with the I-360.

I'm open to answer e-mails or for a chat

i'm sorry this happen to you, is he still in states are u doing a infopass to get him off ur responabilty.. My / is i see you went to interview.. Did they allow you to sit in on interview did they ask u ? or was u not allowed in interview?? I have know my husband 2 years now.. And I pray taht we do have ahappy life but marriage is something we all have to work on.. thanks im sure u did ur part... he has to answe not u what is that I360

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been away from VJ for awhile due to illness, but have spent most of today catching up on all the posts. I felt the need to respond to this topic.

Idocare: I'm glad that you are giving some details as to your situation...but you still have not explained what actually happened. You say he started to "create strive and discord". How bout elaborating on that. If you are truly here to "help" others, then you have to give us some examples. Tell us exactly how he acted, what he said, how you know it was a scam from the beginning, and not just that he found out that he didn't really love you the way he thought. How bout telling us what happened. How it all played out. Details of behaviors etc. that led you to finally find out he was only using you. You cant just keep ranting and raving about the failure of your relationship and keep preaching your intent to "enlighten" everyone...when you dont even explain the reasons behind your opinions .Some of us will find out the ugly truth eventually, bcuz all of us intelligent women know that scamming is a real and possible scenario. But until we find out for ourselves, none of your bad mouthing gonna "help" us unless you come at us with some realness instead of rhetoric; and some compassion instead of hatorade!!!

But of course...you are free to post and say anything you want...just as all of us are. But IMO, if you are really here to help...then offer some in a constructive and useful way. Hindsight is 20/20!!!!! (none of us are there yet!!) What were the red flags that you may not have wanted to believe? Do you take any responsibility for the way things turned out? Do you believe he planned the entire thing from the beginning? Not saying this is true in your case....but I have many many friends who have been "romance scammed", and in every case there were "warning signs, and red flags" from the very start. They just choose not to see them, ignore them, or explain them away. Not one of them blames the entire thing on just their man. They bare some responsibility for not reading the signs and using their intuition to see the truth when it was staring them right in the face. Thats why its important that if you really want to use your situation to "enlighten" others, you need to be up front and honest about it. We are all vulnerable when it comes to love, especially women. No woman is gonna believe her man is deceiving her...so all u can do is lay out your scenerio and let us look into our own relationship and make a judgement for ourselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.