sandy2000

Apply for Citizenship while waiting on I751

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just joined the marines, they accepted me with the extention letter. Can I apply for citizenship or will I have to wait for the I751 to be approved, it is taking forever with nebraska center and there is exceptions to citizenship with military personal. I mean while I 751 is pending what is my status ? AM i a lawfull permanent resident on conditionnal status or am i just lawfull permanent resident? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :help::help:

Hello,

I just joined the marines, they accepted me with the extention letter. Can I apply for citizenship or will I have to wait for the I751 to be approved, it is taking forever with nebraska center and there is exceptions to citizenship with military personal. I mean while I 751 is pending what is my status ? AM i a lawfull permanent resident on conditionnal status or am i just lawfull permanent resident? Please help!

Congratulations to getting the job you wanted!

Yes, a permanent resident with a condition can apply for citizenship while the I-751 is pending. If there are any exceptions for military personal, I would except them to be to your favour, so go for it and submit your N-400 when you can.

Your status has been and remains the one of a "permanent resident", until the USCIS adjucates your case, because you filed your I-751 on time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello,

I just joined the marines, they accepted me with the extention letter. Can I apply for citizenship or will I have to wait for the I751 to be approved, it is taking forever with nebraska center and there is exceptions to citizenship with military personal. I mean while I 751 is pending what is my status ? AM i a lawfull permanent resident on conditionnal status or am i just lawfull permanent resident? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :help::help:

You're a lawful permanent resident until and unless they decide you're not. A pending I-751 is no bar to applying for citizenship. You can apply anytime after 90 days before the third anniversary of being issued your green card.

Meh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some years ago the filing of an application for citizenship was the only way to get the USCIS (or one of its predecessor names) to even act on an I-751. Removing of Conditions was not (maybe is still not) a priority application while a citizenship application was.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Some years ago the filing of an application for citizenship was the only way to get the USCIS (or one of its predecessor names) to even act on an I-751. Removing of Conditions was not (maybe is still not) a priority application while a citizenship application was.

Right.... but that doesn't mean your application should be left alone unattached for years because is not "a priority application”

What makes one application more priority then others, when in fact we pay for all of them large amount of money???????

It's just plain stupid to go ahead, submit an application (I-751) just to have to file another one (N-400) thinking that will put an end to this nasty nightmare!

When are you people going to stop thinking like that????????

It just amazes me how much you can put up with this ####### generated by USCIS either is Nebraska ,Vermont ,Texas or California

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by iansig40

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.