w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

NYC street brawl video - this is graphic

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOL AJ's new Meez signature reminds me of those baby monkeys of Harlow's who are deprived of their mothers and rock themselves back and forth and do other repetitive behaviors to calm themselves down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I started playing with one. My son made one and it is a perfect likeness. I can't get mine very accurate. How did you get one without the meez.com logo in the corner?

yay the meez siggies are catchin on!

on photobucket there's a link to 'create avatar' and so I got redirected there. That one made it wo the logo...

I'd say me and D's are pretty close. I just put some piccies on the 'my pics' bit so you can judge for yaselves....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You've got D's hair done very well. I'd say you've got him a bit better than yourself. But they are far more accurate than the two I'm working on for Alla & I. :lol:

I started playing with one. My son made one and it is a perfect likeness. I can't get mine very accurate. How did you get one without the meez.com logo in the corner?

on photobucket there's a link to 'create avatar' and so I got redirected there. That one made it wo the logo...

I'd say me and D's are pretty close. I just put some piccies on the 'my pics' bit so you can judge for yaselves....

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I find the Meez frustrating Kazan cuz if you're not a Waspy looking white person or a Black person it's not gonna work out... I can't find any noses that look semitic and that kinda defines my whole look and everything...

You've got D's hair done very well. I'd say you've got him a bit better than yourself. But they are far more accurate than the two I'm working on for Alla & I. :lol:

Really? :cry: I thought mine was closer! :cry:

Awww damn that took ages!

I find the Meez frustrating Kazan cuz if you're not a Waspy looking white person or a Black person it's not gonna work out... I can't find any noses that look semitic and that kinda defines my whole look and everything...

And there's no really fat meez's either

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with that!

Maybe it's just the photos I saw of you and D on VJ. You'd be the best judge! :D

Really? :cry: I thought mine was closer! :cry:

Awww damn that took ages!

And a few wrinkles here and there for us more seasoned folks! :lol:

And there's no really fat meez's either

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Lucky to the rescue. Put one city in the first line and another in the second. Compare away.

Crime Rates Comparison

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/

There's a problem with the data presented here -- it's collected by the FBI. That sounds well and good, but they specifically use the UCR (Uniform Crime Reports) collection method. It's not bad, but outdated (it was first created in the 1920s) and doesn't take into account the changing outlook of society. Even though it may break down offenses into two categories -- Part I (major) and Part II (minor) -- there are still numerous problems with the UCR.

1. The UCR only looks at the most serious crime presented. If two crimes occurred (a robbery and a murder), only the murder would be recorded; the robbery would be left unreported.

2. The data known to the UCR is given freely by cooperating law enforcement departments. In other words, if a police department refused to send in their crime statistics, the UCR would not have that information for the area secured by that department. Without that information, the record might be slanted towards looking better than what it should really be at the time.

3. Some types of assaults including simple, minor, and verbal (among other relatively lesser violent crimes) are not included in the reporting by the UCR.

4. According to the UCR, rape (or rather "forcible rape") is defined as "the carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will." What this amounts to is that the UCR does not record rape against men or homosexuals.

The other two other widely known data collection programs are the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) and National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). NCVS is considered by some to be more accurate in a few areas than the UCR, although it has many faults of it's own, not the least of which includes relying on victim testimony and survey data. NIBRS is thought to be the replacement for the UCR, and although the FBI gave it the "green light" back in 1988, the agency has been slow to fully adopt it.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As a general rule, I think it stands to reason that the greater the population density of an area, the greater the incidence of crime.

Still, as a general statement it ignores the fact that certain kinds of crime (for example, crimes related to the drug trade) are prevalent in specific areas where certain social conditions are present.

As far as NY goes, Manhattan is pretty safe these days - but there is still a big problem with violent crime in some of the surrounding burroughs - Bronx, parts of Brooklyn etc.

Compared to LA where we used to live - the neighbourhoods got rougher and run-down the closer you got to the city center. The suburbs are pretty quiet, and my wife's parents still leave their doors unlocked when they go out - but I do know a person who was held up at gunpoint twice at two different Starbucks about 3-4 miles away.

but I do know a person who was held up at gunpoint twice at two different Starbucks about 3-4 miles away.

you know someone who was held up at gunpoint twice, and both times were in starbucks?? thats just weird.

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

btw - i work 9 blocks from where that happened

Oh noes!! You must be so scared to go to work now! ZOMG!!! :wacko:

These things are isolated incidents. To say freaky weird crimes like this one happen more in cities might be accurate (I really don't know) but it's not really the question. The point is that I doubt it would affect your quality of life living in a city. But to each his own. Some people are meant for the cities and some are meant for the small towns.

haha, i dont scare easily...i guess thats how i can manage to live in this big, frightening city :rolleyes:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
but I do know a person who was held up at gunpoint twice at two different Starbucks about 3-4 miles away.

you know someone who was held up at gunpoint twice, and both times were in starbucks?? thats just weird.

Oddly enough both times it happened - was on the same road, in two different locations about 5 miles apart.

First time - she was sitting outside with friends on a patio and they all got held up.

Second time - she got held up at the location she worked at.