NYC street brawl video - this is graphic

57 posts in this topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I've lived in both big cities and a small town. And unless you've lived in both, I don't think it's fair to cast aspersions as you quite probably don't even know what you're talking about.

I've lived in both and I'd say crime can make you feel unsafe in either. For me, when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I tend to get irrationally afraid of attackers coming into the house when I don't notice and killing me. I think it's the "in space, no one can hear you scream" theory of pointless fears. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
I've lived in both big cities and a small town. And unless you've lived in both, I don't think it's fair to cast aspersions as you quite probably don't even know what you're talking about.

I've lived in both and I'd say crime can make you feel unsafe in either. For me, when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I tend to get irrationally afraid of attackers coming into the house when I don't notice and killing me. I think it's the "in space, no one can hear you scream" theory of pointless fears. :blush:

That pretty much sums up this whole discussion, imo.

Sh!t happens everywhere....there are too many variables, really, to accurately compare big cities to small towns. And the news is not in biz to sell happy.

Lucky to the rescue. Put one city in the first line and another in the second. Compare away.

Crime Rates Comparison

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks Lucky!

Well, no surprise my burg has 1/6th the violent crime and only 3/5th the property crime than NY. SO... As I said before, another reason to avoid the big city. I checked out other cities I've lived and found them still nowhere near as crime infested as NY. I think I'll stay where I'm at! :thumbs:

Lucky to the rescue. Put one city in the first line and another in the second. Compare away.

Crime Rates Comparison

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
Thanks Lucky!

Well, no surprise my burg has 1/6th the violent crime and only 3/5th the property crime than NY. SO... As I said before, another reason to avoid the big city. I checked out other cities I've lived and found them still nowhere near as crime infested as NY. I think I'll stay where I'm at! :thumbs:

Crime Rates Comparison

Have you ever been here? New York crime has been declining since 1990 and just keeps going. And it really depends what part you're in. It really wouldn't affect you at all if you lived in a place you might choose to live in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

4 and 4 here in leavenworth. that is most likely city not county.

eta: nearest small town between here and leavenworth is a 2 and 3.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

yay the meez siggies are catchin on!

I was dancing at mecca but decided to change it as not to offend.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

I was dancing at mecca but decided to change it as not to offend.

I like the Meez. You look kind of like one of the Village People!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I started playing with one. My son made one and it is a perfect likeness. I can't get mine very accurate. How did you get one without the meez.com logo in the corner?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG