diffuzi0n

It Didnt Go to National Visa Center

17 posts in this topic

I got my NOA2 approved on Feb 4th and today I got a lettler from Vermont Service Center saying that " the petition was approved and forwared directly to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate about visa issuance." I thought that this was suppose to go to NVC center first then they are suppose to forward it to the appropriate consulate. It's a little strange but I cannot call up since it's the weekend. Has this happened to anyone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It will go to NVC...that is where they assign the new case number.

The wording on the NOA2 is not accurate.

Congrats on the NOA2!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Congrats on the NOA2!!!

:thumbs::yes: Congratulations

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Congratulations!!!!! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Congrats on the NOA2!!!

Not necessarily...I think I've seen a post here where the same thing hapenned...the petition went directly from the service center to the consulate, bypassing NVC. I'll try to dig up the post....brb.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Thanks for the support and same to you guys as well.

All it says on my notice in the boxes above, besides what it says in every letter, is for the beneficiary (my future wife) they have given her the A # and then the box underneath that one is Notice Type: Approval Notice Valid from 02/04/2008 to 6/4/2008.

It doesnt say anywhere that it's heading to NVC...

Apparently it is standard language on the NOA2 , but all petitions do go to NVC, where a new # is assigned, and then sent to the consulate. Have a look at this thread for more detail.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107021

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Whether it passes NVC or goes directly to the consulate in your SO's country, the fact that you got approved still calls for celebration! CONGRATULATION!!! :dancing:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Oh yea party time via MSN lol ! We just added fast internet at her house in Bosnia and now we can chat verbally and see each other!

Thanks again for your help and good luck to all of you.

Thanks for the clearification.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That is just standard wording, they just indicate that the petition is approved and sent on to foreign country, they just dont say "Through" NVC. ALL petitions got through NVC to get assigned Department of State case numbers.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

We were told by an officer at the USCIS (when they could not find our approved petition at the USCIS and NVC) that it had been sent directly to the Consulate.. 2 months of painful wait followed and they realised it was filed wrongly at the DHS.. It was then sent to NVC and alloted a case number and forwarded to the Consulate :innocent:

The point being - No matter what the letter or the ppl say, It will go to the NVC, takes only a couple of days at the NVC though and is forwarded to the Consulate :)

:thumbs::thumbs: Congratulations - The longest wait is over for you both!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I just called USCIS and they told me that it didnt got o NVC but straight to the local consulate!! thoughts??

BTW thanks for all of ur help thusfar.

Let us know when you get that letter from NVC with your new case number ;)

USCIS said the same exact thing to someone else a couple of months ago...they don't know what they are talking about :no:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.