immillpind

Just curious... what happens to my K3 if...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm on the K3 track, but what if my I-130 gets approved before my I-129F? then does that mean I'm no longer a on the K3 track?

I've noticed some timelines where the I-130 got NOA2, but I-129F still pending?

anyone have experience with this? thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm on the K3 track, but what if my I-130 gets approved before my I-129F? then does that mean I'm no longer a on the K3 track?

I am not sure how the Embassy in India generally does things with k-3 and cr-1's but I have read from other embassies in the past that the k-3 generally moves faster and the i-130 petition takes a bit a longer...I know for myself we filed the cr-1 at another embassy because my husband worked abroad from the country he was born in which is where the k-3 was filed and we ended up just pursuing both to see which would get him here faster... I think you should just continue to pursue both because if at some points one may move faster than the other, their may also be slower periods of processing for one or the other (i.e some embassies have more interview dates for k-3 than cr-1 or different priorities depending on type of petition)...I have also read in the past where some embassies will have the petitioner pursue the cr-1 instead of the k3 if both are filed at the same embassy and both petitions are moving at the same pace. In any case good luck and hopefully your visa journey will be a smooth one!!!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Timeline

I am not sure how the Embassy in India generally does things with k-3 and cr-1's but I have read from other embassies in the past that the k-3 generally moves faster and the i-130 petition takes a bit a longer...I know for myself we filed the cr-1 at another embassy because my husband worked abroad from the country he was born in which is where the k-3 was filed and we ended up just pursuing both to see which would get him here faster... I think you should just continue to pursue both because if at some points one may move faster than the other, their may also be slower periods of processing for one or the other (i.e some embassies have more interview dates for k-3 than cr-1 or different priorities depending on type of petition)...I have also read in the past where some embassies will have the petitioner pursue the cr-1 instead of the k3 if both are filed at the same embassy and both petitions are moving at the same pace. In any case good luck and hopefully your visa journey will be a smooth one!!!

thanks akatagirl. You're thinking is the same as mine in this regard, but after reading posts on the internet i was starting to wonder if i should even send my I-129F.

Some felt it slowed the whole process down. I always thought it was worked on in parallel, and if the I-129F got approved then it would allow the beneficiary to come here and wait for the I-130 approval? Is this true? So the I-130 continues it’s approval process while the beneficiary is in the US.

This is how it’s stated on (although updated in July 06!): http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrant...es_1315.html#3d

Spouse - If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are:

• Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.

• Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case.

• Two petitions are required:

o Petition for Alien Relative, Form 1-130; and

o Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
thanks akatagirl. You're thinking is the same as mine in this regard, but after reading posts on the internet i was starting to wonder if i should even send my I-129F.

Some felt it slowed the whole process down. I always thought it was worked on in parallel, and if the I-129F got approved then it would allow the beneficiary to come here and wait for the I-130 approval? Is this true? So the I-130 continues it’s approval process while the beneficiary is in the US.

When we went through this process, this how I saw some people proceed to (i.e. enter on the i-129f, adjust status or if the i-130 was approved soon thereafter, some would fly back for that interview)

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Since you didn't file an I-129F yet you are on the CR1 track at the moment, not the K3 track. There is plenty of concern at the moment as to whether the K3 track is even viable now. There's plenty to read here on that subject. I encourage you to do so before filing an I-129F.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Since you didn't file an I-129F yet you are on the CR1 track at the moment, not the K3 track. There is plenty of concern at the moment as to whether the K3 track is even viable now. There's plenty to read here on that subject. I encourage you to do so before filing an I-129F.

Yeah I have done a lot of reading on this subject, but only to be confused more. I was unable to find a definitive answer.

I don’t see how it could hurt my process though. If I file for I-129F, how would that affect my application process?

Timeline

When we went through this process, this how I saw some people proceed to (i.e. enter on the i-129f, adjust status or if the i-130 was approved soon thereafter, some would fly back for that interview)

Wow I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. That's kind of how I see it too, the whole point of the K3 visa is to get the beneficiary here faster, and then let immigrant visa continue its process. That makes sense. Now whether or not it’s faster is another issue.

I don’t see how it could hurt my process though. If I file for I-129F, how would that affect my application process?

If both petitions get paired together, as is the standard practice for USCIS, then your receipt date is adjusted to the I-129F petition receipt date. This was not bad situation when you could get your I-130 NOA1 in 10 days and file the I-129F. But, if you have 3 to 4 months of waiting time for the I-130 NOA1 that is a lot of lost time to restart the timeline to the I-129F receipt date.

Things to consider include the NVC takes 4 to 6 months to process I-130 and how long it takes your Embassy to schedule an interview for a CR1/IR1 visa. Canada is a good example of drastic differences betwen K3 and and CR1/IR1 interviews.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

If both petitions get paired together, as is the standard practice for USCIS, then your receipt date is adjusted to the I-129F petition receipt date. This was not bad situation when you could get your I-130 NOA1 in 10 days and file the I-129F. But, if you have 3 to 4 months of waiting time for the I-130 NOA1 that is a lot of lost time to restart the timeline to the I-129F receipt date.

Things to consider include the NVC takes 4 to 6 months to process I-130 and how long it takes your Embassy to schedule an interview for a CR1/IR1 visa. Canada is a good example of drastic differences betwen K3 and and CR1/IR1 interviews.

hmm... yeah i've read that... seems really stupid tho. well... i guess we'll see how long the NOA1 takes.

ahhh...now i dont kno what the heck to do.

"Avg. Days between Consulate Receiving Information from NVC and Actual Interview" for india is 55.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

Out of both them.. i would say you go for the CR/IR visa... its more better and you donthave to do AOS again when you come here.... for indian embassies the time is more or less the same... difference of may be a month or so.

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline
hi,

Out of both them.. i would say you go for the CR/IR visa... its more better and you donthave to do AOS again when you come here.... for indian embassies the time is more or less the same... difference of may be a month or so.

Jigi

In the immigration timelines, the time from NOA2 -> interview is 172 days. That's more like 4 months more. although some of that time may be made up here processing the I-129F??? I guess it depends on how long the NOA1 (I-130) takes.

?? hard to tell still

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm just going along for a ride right now cuz my I-130 was approved, but when I called to check on my I-129F CIS said it was still pending in Vermont. I had thought they were always brought together, apparently not. Nor is it cancled like some people are stating.

I-130

07/29/2007---began process

01/24/2008---I-130 APPROVED (email)

I-129F

11/2007-------sent I-129F - VSC

02/17/2008---touched (at Vermont)

...I'm CR1 now--IV bill shows CR1--oh well

NVC

02/12/2007---at NVC

02/25/2008---received DS-3032 and AOS bill

03/10/2008---received IV Bill ($400!!)

03/24/2008---mailed DS2032

10/10/2008---approved at NVC

11/06/2008---interview (more evidence)

02/17/2009---2nd interview- PASSED!!!!!

04/01/2009---He finally landed on US soil. (no joke)

4309082_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i did not know that if you file i130 and i129f .. the date they go by is i-129f!! what that means i sent my i130 in ocotber and i129f in january and now they would go by january? to start my process and not october??

im realy confused!!! wel my foreign spouse resides in india and i dont think there is much of a wait to get a interview there.. but again it all depends around the timeframe..

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Hindsight is 20/20...if we would've known how much this K3 was going to stall things (as I see many whose I-130 app was processed in a few months without the K3 in the mix) and now, it will possibly be cancelled anyways, we would've just sent in I-130's for myself & my son. I pray that they take note of the fact that I have a 15 yr old & there's no I-130 for him. Can't imagine how long it will take if we have to yet send in an app for him then do even more waiting for it to catch up to my I-130! The thought is almost unbearable really, especially when it took 51 days for them just to open the I-130 envelope! Interviews in Montreal are approx. 3x longer (for the I-130 visa) than Vancouver (I-129F visa). Pushbrk is a plethura of information & has been there & back...follow his posts as he does his homework...

Does anyone know if we could cancel the I-129F while it is pending which could possibly lead to a quicker NOA2 for our I-130? We'd then send in an I-130 for my son & hope that they can possibly match them together...thank you...

Good luck to you!

jen

Edited by hheaven67

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'm just going along for a ride right now cuz my I-130 was approved, but when I called to check on my I-129F CIS said it was still pending in Vermont. I had thought they were always brought together, apparently not. Nor is it cancled like some people are stating.

VSC and CSC seem to have different ways of doing things. There are not that many VSCers in VJ to really give us a good idea on a "norm" for VSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.