pcana

Our dramatic experience at US embassy in El Salvador

24 posts in this topic

Ok guys:

Now I feel more settled to explain with more details the whole thing:

Well first my husband was called at 9:30, I waited impatiently for almost an hour during that time my heart was racing like crazy my first thought was: why is this taking so long? when finally saw the door open and saw my husband's face it was then that I realised this is not going to be any easy, the first words he said to me: Don't worry baby just be yourself,keep calm just answer to all the questions and everything is going to be Ok then he mentioned they had 5 full pages of questions and I just got more worried.

When I've got in there were 2 COs,one asking the questions the other one was just writting in a piece of paper.

It will be impossible to tell you every single one of them because there were to many but the most revelant ones:

Why haven't you met his parents?

why did you married inthe Dominican Republic instead of ES?

if you weren't looking at your husband face,is there any particular mark or anything in his body? tatoos? scars? etc

when did he proposed? where were you when he proposed? where was he?

does he have brothers sisters?

when was the first time you kissed? how was that kiss?

when was the first time we were intimate?

when was the last time we had sex?

what contraceptive method do we use?

before coming to El Salvador when was the last time you spoke to your husband on the phone?

what did you eat last night?

Oh My God is so hard to remenber everything,all I can say is that it was intense and for some reason the were not convinced.

After that we waited for another 15 min untill I was called in again,this time there was another CO which presented himself as the one with more experienced in cases like this and his words were painful and rude,specially when he said We don't believe this is a real marriage!! I was flipping out just look at him straight in his eyes and said: If you have that much experienced how can you not know our marriage is for real after all this questioning?

He said well I feel like you getting paid to give him a visa, I almost felt like crying at this point but I kept repeating myself"they not going to make feel weak I need to be strong" I said to him: did you check my financial information? did you checked my husband financial information? I don't need that kind of money neither my husband has the money to pay me. Then he said ok maybe he's just taking advantage of you and he's after your money?? My money? who told you I have money? ok he said then he's just after a green card, I thought I eas going to loose it right there.

He said how can you love someone who you met in the internet? that not love Oh my God that was it for me, I just said: I don't need to prove to you how much I love my husband, he knows it,that's why I'm here with him, I had rush and prepare this trip in less than 2 days,left my work,my family,my house isn't that a prove? then he mentioned a sister my husbad has living here in the USA and asked if she paid me to help bring my husband to US? I said I've never met her or even spoken to her on the phone which is true.

This guy was vicious,cruel,rude and all he was doing was trying to intimidate me but I keep my composture and try not get to emotional even though I started to feel sick to my stomach right there.

Then my husband was called in again and this was asking him the same questions he even said to him: you don't love your wife,you only want a green card,my husband told them we were Cristians and have moral values and respect the laws,he said in a very sarcastic way Oh so you cristian? how psalm 23 goes? them my husband staring saying it and he stopped him and said ok,ok

when finally he got out that's when i lost it and started to cry,he just hold me and said to me: God is in control there's nothing to worry about,He's fighting this battle for us but i could'n stop crying.

10 min later they called my husband name at window 11 well they said my husband name and his wife please window eleven. I don't even know how I was able to stand up and walk,my whole body was shaking, at the other side of the window the original CO wass there with a bunch of papers and this is what he said:

Listen he said to me in english I know you made an effort to come here in such a short notice,i know you have to go back to US for work,but I aprreciated then he continued saying: I know this hasn't been easy but it was neccesary there's a lot of fraud marriages going on in El Salvador and we just needed to make sure yours was a real one,this a normal procedures(I'm not sure about that) but he said your answers were accurate and I'm satisfaced with your responses CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I just said: GRACIAS MI SEÑOR(thank you my LORD) and my started to cry(again) my husband kissed me and staring to praise our Heavenly father for letting ud get trough this difficult experience.

OH MY GOD there's so many details I wish to share,but couples going to ES embassy just be prepared,every case is different but prepeare your self with all the evidence you cna possibly collect it helps trust me.

Thanks guys for everything,now we're just waiting for his visa to get deliver,probably in a week or so.

God Bless you all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

When the rate of fraud is particularly 'high', I guess they try and scare the truth out of people. Of course, the real scammers wouldn't be shaken up by such antics, and they'd be prepared to deal with them. Unfortunately, the innocents get caught in the cross-fire.

It's good that they did see the truth of your relationship! CONGRATS!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations and Great Job!!!

I-130

07/27/2007 : Mailed I130 for spouse (VSC)

09/20/2007 : NOA1

11/07/2007 : NOA2

NVC

11/20/2007 : Case # Assigned

03/10/2008 : Case Completed!

03/20/2008 : Interview Scheduled & Interview letter mailed

03/25/2008 : Beneficiary received interview letter

03/25/2008 : Case forwarded to consulate. NVC message updated on 3/28/08.

Consulate

05/22/2008 : Interview

05/22/2008 : Visa granted and passport collected same day.

05/26/2008 : POE (Newark, NJ).

Our Timeline (more detailed events)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

WOW.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and a huge CONGRATULATIONS.

I can't believe they asked all those questions about sex. LOL. I mean... I guess they are trying to establish a real marriage and all but I would be so uncomfortable! Too bad it wasn't the type of situation where you could answer and then say, "Would you also like to know in what position?" LOL. Sorry, couldn't help it!

But way to keep your cool!!!!!!

CR-1 | I-130 Timeline

I-130 Filed: 10/5/2007

I-130 NOA1: 01/09/2008

I-130 NOA2: 03/19/2008

Package 4 Received: 06/12/08

Interview in Madrid: 07/09/08 !!!!!!!!!

WOW! first off Congrats on the approval!

and wow...i dont think i could of kept my cool in that situation, i tend to have a short temper when people start to offend me, and i prolly would of started shouting and what not. so congrats on keeping your cool.... cause some of those accusations were down right vicious!

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

Congratulations!!

Why did they care if you got married in the Dominican Republic?

Because we both salvardorans, I was born there but came to the states when I was little so I guess they're figured we wanted to do it the traditional way with friends and family involved which wasn't our case because we wanted to have our honey moon in the caribean what a sin uh?

WOW! first off Congrats on the approval!

and wow...i dont think i could of kept my cool in that situation, i tend to have a short temper when people start to offend me, and i prolly would of started shouting and what not. so congrats on keeping your cool.... cause some of those accusations were down right vicious!

trust me it wasn't easy but in situations like this they feel like your life depends on them and sometimes takes advantage of that but honestly i felt like we were treated like criminals or we were being investigating for a murder case or something like that

WOW! What a tough interview!

However, it is a beautiful story! I love the Psalm 23 question! I suppose that one will be the favorite for you two from now on :thumbs: Good things come to those who believe...

I hope you're both happy in the US soon! Welcome!

Psalm 23

THE LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.

He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

However, it is a beautiful story! I love the Psalm 23 question! I suppose that one will be the favorite for you two from now on :thumbs: Good things come to those who believe...

Psalm 23

He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

Hi Mark-N-AAm:

Amen for that, it is our favorite psalm God always fight the hardest battles for us and there's nothing to fear when his on your side.

:dance::dance::dance: Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

You should be very proud of yourself for being able to stay composed.

All your effort had been paid off.

Wishing you a happy marriage life!

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Psalm 23

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

Hi Mark-N-AAm:

Amen for that, it is our favorite psalm God always fight the hardest battles for us and there's nothing to fear when his on your side.

Someone was watching over you two and I am so glad you made it - the questions on the sex is somewhat dumbfounding me but I guess they can get away with it - You both did great and again all I can say is CONGRATS and I would have probably biotch slapped the second officer across the room - excuse my language but holding your higher thoughts with you got both of you thru this and now can i say this......

WELCOME TO AMERICA......

Cheers and the best to you both in your new found life

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

WOW!!!!! this makes me nervouse!!!

i can't belive them what nerve!! but thank god ur visa was granted...im sure it was worth it!!

i pray my interview goes smoother!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife would have clobbered him , and then the fight would have been on :angry: . that is the only thing i worry about at the interview. HER temper. she is trying though to be prepared and not get mad . :help::help:

05/27/06 / Marriage

07/17/07 / I-130 sent

07/19/07 / NOA1

12/11/07 / NOA2

12/27/07 / NVC

01/14/08 / DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

01/15/08 / E-mailed DS-3032

01/16/08 / DS-3032 accepted and entered

01/18/08 / AOS payment sent

02/02/08 / I-864 received

02/04/08 / I-864 sent

02/07/08 / IV Bill received

02/07/08 / IV bill sent

03/02/08 / DS-230 sent

03/14/08 / CASE COMPLETE

Filed: Timeline
WOW.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and a huge CONGRATULATIONS.

I can't believe they asked all those questions about sex. LOL. I mean... I guess they are trying to establish a real marriage and all but I would be so uncomfortable! Too bad it wasn't the type of situation where you could answer and then say, "Would you also like to know in what position?" LOL. Sorry, couldn't help it!

But way to keep your cool!!!!!!

I am pregnant from my last visit ( december) so my answer would be duh NONE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.