Fatpossum

Vermont, we have a problem!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancee sent our I-129f package off last week and it was received by Vermont on Monday. I obviously was not there to check over the last steps but I compiled as much info as I could and sent it over to her so she could put the package together and send it on.

However, before sending it off she only made copies of the actual I-129F and the G-325A (the copies were made before she signed them). She did not make copies of the pictures, passport photocopies, emails, boarding passes etc.

I only just found this out and am a little worried as, although she knows what she included in the package, if she tries to recreate it now, there are obviously going to be minor differences between the original package and the recreation (where she signed her name in the box, description of photos and photocopies etc) as she has no original to work from.

Will they pick up on these minor differences in my eventual interview? There is not much we can do about it now as it is already submitted, I was just wondering if anybody had encountered a similar situation and what the outcome was.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The only reason you would need a copy is for your own records. You do not need to take a duplicate of the original petition you sent to the interview because they will already have all that information.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The only reason you would need a copy is for your own records. You do not need to take a duplicate of the original petition you sent to the interview because they will already have all that information.

Right, the copies are for your personal records in case you need to refer to them. Often the foreign beneficiary uses them to prepare for the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi all,

My fiancee sent our I-129f package off last week and it was received by Vermont on Monday. I obviously was not there to check over the last steps but I compiled as much info as I could and sent it over to her so she could put the package together and send it on.

However, before sending it off she only made copies of the actual I-129F and the G-325A (the copies were made before she signed them). She did not make copies of the pictures, passport photocopies, emails, boarding passes etc.

I only just found this out and am a little worried as, although she knows what she included in the package, if she tries to recreate it now, there are obviously going to be minor differences between the original package and the recreation (where she signed her name in the box, description of photos and photocopies etc) as she has no original to work from.

Will they pick up on these minor differences in my eventual interview? There is not much we can do about it now as it is already submitted, I was just wondering if anybody had encountered a similar situation and what the outcome was.

Thanks

Hopefully someone else will be along soon that can better set your mind at ease.

Please fill in your details, some things DO depend on the Embassy you are going thru and people will be better able to answer your questions in a specific way if they have more detailed information. :thumbs: In other words...if you tell us where you are...another member may be along that can tell you if their copy of the petition was ever even looked at.

While it is not ideal, what's done is done. You know the petition has arrived at USCIS, that is the most important thing!My feeling is that the exact copy is more for your peace of mind, in case the petition gets lost...that's why it is best to keep your originals. But you already know it is at the service center!

I have read on VJ that after the NOA2 your entire packet is forwarded to the Embassy, so they will have the original and I don't think they are going to nitpick when it comes to your having an exact copy.

Just My Opinion

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Having a copy of the I129f packet is not a requirement for the interview at the embassy. They already have the entire packet from the VSC. They typically don't allot that much time for the interview, so a comparison of packets is extremely unlikey! The copy is really just a "nice to have", not a necessity.

Good luck on your journey and please complete your timeline!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello I made the same mistake OOOOPPSSS but i know that they do not require it at the embassy !

I m just gonna recreate it when the time comes! =)

if anything u have al the originals with u so u can just make copies !

I wouldnt worry to much im not so its all good =)

just bring the necessary to the embassy when u get approved! :thumbs:

Hi all,

Thanks

Hopefully someone else will be along soon that can better set your mind at ease.

Please fill in your details, some things DO depend on the Embassy you are going thru and people will be better able to answer your questions in a specific way if they have more detailed information. :thumbs: In other words...if you tell us where you are...another member may be along that can tell you if their copy of the petition was ever even looked at.

While it is not ideal, what's done is done. You know the petition has arrived at USCIS, that is the most important thing!My feeling is that the exact copy is more for your peace of mind, in case the petition gets lost...that's why it is best to keep your originals. But you already know it is at the service center!

I have read on VJ that after the NOA2 your entire packet is forwarded to the Embassy, so they will have the original and I don't think they are going to nitpick when it comes to your having an exact copy.

Just My Opinion

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be getting on to filling out my profile and timeline over this weekend, I've been a little busy over the last couple of weeks.

I am based in the UK so will be going to the British embassy. For some reason I had got the impression that we needed exact copies of everything to take to the interview including certified copies of my fiancees birth certificate.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, now I can start thinking about the next steps :)

Timeline
And just to clarify...she did not send in the original passports, boarding passes and birth certificates, correct?

Thats correct, is this a problem?

She sent in xeroxed photocopies of each of these but will send me certified copies for my interview.

Timeline
And just to clarify...she did not send in the original passports, boarding passes and birth certificates, correct?

She sent in xeroxed photocopies of each of these but will send me certified copies for my interview.

That's fine! You don't need copies of her passport for your interview. And I also would like to point out that once you receive the Packet 3 from the US Embassy in London, you will be ask to collect documentary evidence related to yourself - your own original birth cert and divorce decree (if applicable), plus photocopies of each. You also need to bring your actual passport. Your fiance will submit a notarized I-134 and supporting docs. You should have some evidence of ongoing relationship, even though it is hardly ever reviewed. Everything verifying your fiance will have been reviewed as part of the I129f portion and will not be looked at again in the interview phase.

Filed: Timeline

Not a problem at all. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly, and that you had *not* sent in originals. That would have been bad. :D As others have said, you're good to go. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Having a copy of the I129f packet is not a requirement for the interview at the embassy. They already have the entire packet from the VSC. They typically don't allot that much time for the interview, so a comparison of packets is extremely unlikey! The copy is really just a "nice to have", not a necessity.

I made three complete sets of documents. Set 1 was the application I sent to CSC, Set #2 is identical to Set 1 but instead of copies it has all the original documents (in case they ask. This will be coming with me when I accompany my fiancee to the interview), Set #3 is my emergency set in case they lost my first petition. I think I got that advice on this site - and I think it was good advice. The worst thing I can imagine is if the original application is lost and there isn't a copy available. Good luck to you fellow traveler.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline

I made three complete sets of documents. Set 1 was the application I sent to CSC, Set #2 is identical to Set 1 but instead of copies it has all the original documents (in case they ask. This will be coming with me when I accompany my fiancee to the interview), Set #3 is my emergency set in case they lost my first petition. I think I got that advice on this site - and I think it was good advice. The worst thing I can imagine is if the original application is lost and there isn't a copy available. Good luck to you fellow traveler.

I didn't make any complete copies! I had a copy of the petition itself and the G-325A forms for each of us, plus the originals of all the copied stuff I sent. I didn't make a copy for my fiance. Somehow, a miracle occurred and he successfully interviewed in London on Jan. 7, 2008. I guess we pulled a fast one!

The point I am making is that while it is probably a nice to have for peace of mind, the embassy does not specifically ask for or require a complete copy of the I129f submission as part of the Packet 3 checklist.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The point I am making is that while it is probably a nice to have for peace of mind, the embassy does not specifically ask for or require a complete copy of the I129f submission as part of the Packet 3 checklist.

By the time you get to the interview stage, you're absolutely right, the only thing you have to be able to produce out of the 1-129F application is the original documents of stuff you submitted copies of - like divorce decrees or birth certificates. And that is only if they ask. They already have your original filing. Come to think of it, I don't recall reading any posts where any original docs was even asked for from the I-129F at the interview:wacko: The "they" I refered to was our lovely friends down at CSC - you'd almost never know by the way they move (there are still Jan filers who haven't had their checks cashed).

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.