ilovemaya

<<<<<<<anybody heard of this???>>>>>>>>>>>

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

they said on today´s news that there may b new program for czech republic starting this fall when czechs wont need visa no more. Anybody heard of this????

If so, does anybody know what exactly that means fro ppl like me, who is USC fiance n wants to go back, but overstayed, may i hav chance too? or im just lost case? :(

thanks to everyone!! ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
they said on today´s news that there may b new program for czech republic starting this fall when czechs wont need visa no more. Anybody heard of this????

If so, does anybody know what exactly that means fro ppl like me, who is USC fiance n wants to go back, but overstayed, may i hav chance too? or im just lost case? :(

thanks to everyone!! ;)

If the CR is becoming a participant in the VWP program is only for individuals who wish to visit temporarily for predominantly tourist reasons. This does not negate the need for other visas such as finace(e) or immigrant visas nor does it provide amnesty for anyone who has a previous overstay.....

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks to everyone!! ;)

It just means if you are in the Czech rebublic and you want to visit a bordering country, you wont need a visa. The EU is making it easier to travel there. It doesnt mean you dont need a visa to come from there to USA. You will still need a visa.

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

but the Czech Republic is part of the EU! they haven't needed visas for ages, from what I know... are you basing your comment on something?

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

They have been members of the EU since 2004...not that long ago when considering other members.....correct me if i am wrong i think what he is trying to ask is as a US citizen who overstayed during a visit to CR does this mean he can go back without the fear of being denied entry.....i think ...please correct me OP if i got that wrong.

Edited by truffles

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
but the Czech Republic is part of the EU! they haven't needed visas for ages, from what I know... are you basing your comment on something?

well we did needed visas so far n we still do, but yeah, from what i understand now it looks like this referst to visitors and business travelers visas only ): n ofcourse it was naive to think it would include me since i overstayed, sorry...i guess i just got excited hearing this on news :crying: i think its cuz of that separation that sometimes i got hard time to use my head :bonk::wub:

oh well....

well we did needed visas so far n we still do, but yeah, from what i understand now it looks like this referst to visitors and business travelers visas only ): n ofcourse it was naive to think it would include me since i overstayed, sorry...i guess i just got excited hearing this on news :crying: i think its cuz of that separation that sometimes i got hard time to use my head :bonk::wub:

oh well....

You heard correctly, the Czech Republic is up to be included on the VWP. But unfortunately, your overstay doesn't allow you to participate in the VWP, you'd still have to apply for a visa.

"Recently (July 2007) the Congress and the senate passed the Secure Travel and Counterterrorism Partnership Act, directing the secretary of Homeland Security to establish a pilot program to expand the visa waiver program for up to five new countries that are cooperating with the US on security and counterterrorism matters[citation needed]. This new act changes the nonimmigrant visa refusal rate threshold - from 3% - to 10%, thus making 12 countries qualify for inclusion in the visa-waiver program: Argentina, Brazil, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Israel, Malta, Slovakia, South Korea, Taiwan and Uruguay"

"Applicants for admission under the visa waiver program:

Must have complied with the conditions of all previous admissions to the U.S.;

Must never have been arrested or convicted for an offence or crime involving moral turpitude no matter how long ago. National regulations which normally expunge criminal records after a certain length of time (e.g. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act in the UK) do not apply.

Must not be ineligible for a visa;

Must not have been previously denied entry to the U.S.;

Must not be intending to visit the U.S. for a purpose other than tourism or a short term business visit. In particular, journalists cannot use the visa waiver scheme to operate in the U.S. and must instead apply for an I visa.

If entering over the land frontier, must pay a fee of $6. For those arriving by air or sea, the cost of the visa waiver is included in the airline ticket.

Those who do not meet the requirements for the visa-waiver scheme must obtain a U.S. tourist visa from an American Embassy or Consulate.

"

Visa Waiver Program

12140.gif

Thats conditions for the visit from CR to USA ?....how does it apply if USA citizen wishes to visit CR?....i read the question as it is the USC who overstayed in CR and wishes to visit CR

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thats conditions for the visit from CR to USA ?....how does it apply if USA citizen wishes to visit CR?....i read the question as it is the USC who overstayed in CR and wishes to visit CR

Since the OP is the alien fiancee, the question is as a CR citizen who overstayed a previous visit to the USA

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Basing my comment on this as of Jan 2008,

Note: The Czech Republic is due to become a part of the Schengen area in January 2008 (some ports of entry may not be fully migrated until April 2008). Although European Union regulations require that non-EU visitors obtain a stamp in their passports upon initial entry to a Schengen country, many borders are not staffed with officers carrying out this function. If an American citizen wishes to ensure that his or her entry is properly documented, it may be necessary to request a stamp at an official point of entry. Under local law, travelers without a stamp in their passports may be questioned and asked to document the length of their stay in Schengen countries at the time of departure or at any other point during their visit, and could face possible fines or other repercussions if unable to do so. Visas are not yet required for U.S. citizens for tourist visits of up to 90 days. That period begins when you enter any of the Schengen group countries, which as of December 21, 2007, include: the Czech Republic, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.

Quoted website

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

The sad thing is that Canada has already lifted the visa requirements for Czechs but the Romani are abusing the program and going there and overstaying and filing for asylum. Canada is already looking at requiring visas again and its only been 5 months. Check it: http://www.radio.cz/en/article/102141

You can bet the US State Department and DHS/USCIS are watching that like a hawk.

CM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Visit to CZ is still pretty much the same with a few exceptions. You can go and stay for 90 days. Unfortunately because of the Shengen treaty, the 90 days now applies to all teh Shengen zone. So what the means is that you can only spend 90 days every 6 months in the whole Shengen zone. So no more stay 90 days then going to Poland or Austria to reset you visa clock. You do still have the option of flying to the UK every 90 days though.

CM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.