Aussielad

Will cases moved from TSC to VSC slow down even more

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Will it??? thats a good question.

I mean, if VSC is moving extremely slow, i dont even want to know how worse the TSC is, now,.....why didn't they shift them west to the CSC which works fastest on these cases, ya know??? share the workload out evenly, and besides which, the CSC only serves a few states, like VSC needs any more ya know???

opinions,....thoughts......feelings,.

i say transfer them to CSC and share it out evenly, lol

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Actually, they transferred all of TSC files to CSC which affected all receipts from June to December 2007. It's only lately that they have transferred them to VSC. Some NSC files were also sent to CSC.

This move to VSC is probably because CSC is now back-logged from all the transfers.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

I mean, if VSC is moving extremely slow, i dont even want to know how worse the TSC is, now,.....why didn't they shift them west to the CSC which works fastest on these cases, ya know??? share the workload out evenly, and besides which, the CSC only serves a few states, like VSC needs any more ya know???

Wow, dude, didn't you hear? All the TSC cases transferred to VSC will be handled right away while all of the original VSC cases will be partly burned and partly sent to TSC (or as I like to call it, the immigration gestapo) where they will spend some quiet time under the cherry coke boxes in the basement.

Edited by burs

Timeline

are you kidding me??? an even longer wait??? its not fair that the SC in our jurdristriction adjudicates transferred petitions first before the states that fall into their area, especially now for ones that have been waiting for months,

July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
Oct 12 -Touched.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Timeline

Wow, dude, didn't you hear? All the TSC cases transferred to VSC will be handled right away while all of the original VSC cases will be partly burned and partly sent to TSC (or as I like to call it, the immigration gestapo) where they will spend some quiet time under the cherry coke boxes in the basement.

partly burned, partly sent to TSC....what are you smokin?

Oct 12 -Touched.

partly burned, partly sent to TSC....what are you smokin?

Hey, bud. It's rather simple, really. They can't send the entire load to TSC (otherwise, the TSC will be back to square one). They will have to get rid of some of the cases. You just wait and see until you get an RFE from TSC asking for... everything. That would be the sign that your stuff has fed the flames. Hee-hee.

Filed: Other Timeline

With the massive transfers from TSC, longer delays are definitely to be expected at VSC. Understand that the USCIS is not designed to be an efficient organization and the officers are not even trying. Their goal is to do what is convenient for THEM and not necessarily what's in the immigrant's best interest. They're not paid on commission or performance so they really don't care.

However, I will give credit to the former USCIS director, Eduardo Aguirre. He made security, faster processing and backlog reduction the hallmark of his tenure. But the same cannot be said of the current director, Emilio Gonzalez. Massive cross-country transfers, chaos, fee increases, longer delays and reversal of previous gains made in backlog reduction seems to be defining his administration.

Filed: Timeline

I understand the aggravation over other cases being shoved in front of you. Consider also that some TSC people have waited over a year now. At some point those petitions have to be approved. Sad that it is at the expense of VSC applicants but would waiting 6 to 9 months be so bad (I would have loved that instead of being stuck at TSC for now 9 months and expecting a year wait)?

As was said, TSC applications WERE being forwarded to CSC for a good long while. Now apparently it's VSC's turn to more or less bend over and take it. What I want to know is why the transfers are ALWAYS going FROM either Texas or Nebraska TO somewhere else and neither of those two locations is EVER able to get their act together enough to TAKE some transfers at whatever point. But regardless...all will be processed in the government's time and there's nothing we can really do about it (other than contacting senators, that is) so why get so worked up over it? You're here, you have your significant other, you SHOULD have a letter extending the conditional residency for a year soooo...what's the problem?

Terry & Erica (the zookeepers)

Our Surprises/Blessings/The Animals:

Kaleb (froggy), age 6

Savannah (squirrely), 4

Kyra (monkey), age 18 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
As was said, TSC applications WERE being forwarded to CSC for a good long while. Now apparently it's VSC's turn to more or less bend over and take it. What I want to know is why the transfers are ALWAYS going FROM either Texas or Nebraska TO somewhere else and neither of those two locations is EVER able to get their act together enough to TAKE some transfers at whatever point. But regardless...all will be processed in the government's time and there's nothing we can really do about it (other than contacting senators, that is) so why get so worked up over it? You're here, you have your significant other, you SHOULD have a letter extending the conditional residency for a year soooo...what's the problem?

What I want to know is why they didn't instead bulk transfer us old TSC filers to CSC, which is still cranking out approvals in 2-3 month time frames. For that matter, they should have bulk transferred us to CSC back when they started transfering new TSC petitions on July 1.

Meh

Timeline

well filing the N-400 will push the adjudiaction of the I-751 then when its time???

Oct 12 -Touched.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I believe that I read somewhere that TEXAS takes a huge amount of H1-B applications (temporary work permit). Since businesses selling out domestic jobs takes precedence over family visas, they're behind. We get H1-Bs in house in under 3 weeks.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

What I want to know is why they didn't instead bulk transfer us old TSC filers to CSC, which is still cranking out approvals in 2-3 month time frames. For that matter, they should have bulk transferred us to CSC back when they started transfering new TSC petitions on July 1.

I've asked this very question the USCIS customer rep at my appointment - I didn't get an answer to why it took TSC 11 months to figure out that they want to transfer to VSC now.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.