rohscat

certified copy for marrage certificate?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

I'm preparing DS 230. I have a question for certified copy for marrage certificate.

Our marrage certificate is issued in the US embassy in Korea when we married. I would like to use certified copy than original(I have only one original marrage certificate).

Is it correct I can use photocopy(of orignal marrage certification) notarized by law firm(In Korea, law firm can notarized documents) for CERTIFIED COPY?

Or, should I get copy of marrage certificate from US embassy in Korea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are you applying for cr visa nvc would like all originals if you also send xerox copies along you will receive originals back at interview

make sure you make copies of all you send just incase good luck

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
are you applying for cr visa nvc would like all originals if you also send xerox copies along you will receive originals back at interview

make sure you make copies of all you send just incase good luck

NVC will accept a certified copy, but may not accept a photocopy of a certified copy. I think the "original" notarized copy from a lawyer would qualify. For example, coming from China, there is no "original birth certificate" in many cases. What is obtained is a "Notarial Birth Certificate" produced by a government entity after the fact and provided as a bound booklet including the statement of fact regarding the birth in both English and Chinese with certification the translation is correct. When filing a petition, a photocopy of the pages of that book are acceptable but NVC may want the original of the book.

Many USC's also don't have "original" birth certificates. Instead what they have is a certified copy. Any "original" would then be the actual certified copy rather than a photocopy of the actual certified copy. The semantic can be confusing but when an original is asked for, they will accept the closest thing to an original that is actually obtainable.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you sure you need to send in the DS-230 to NVC as opposed to presenting it at the interview? Seoul is a 'Standard' processing post and according to the instructions for the DS-230 found below (just chose Seoul from the drop down menu to get the information), they don't require this yet, you might want to double check with them.

If you end up having to send one, you should send the original:

For Seoul:

Note: Do not send the documents in this section to the NVC. The applicant must submit them at the time of the applicant’s immigrant visa interview.

The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to obtain the following original documents or certified copies of the documents listed in this section from an appropriate authority (the issuing entity).

Also:

Married applicants must obtain an original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i didn't really read through the replies...but i would suggest making a copy and sending the original...you'll receive it back at the interview.....i was a little hesitant at first...but it saves you the trouble later...because nvc will accept a copy...but then again, they might hold you up and ask you to send it in after you've already sent in everything else....

safest thing to do is send in the original...just make a lot of copies just in case anything...also send in the original birth certificate...you get everything back at the end...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline
i didn't really read through the replies...but i would suggest making a copy and sending the original...you'll receive it back at the interview.....i was a little hesitant at first...but it saves you the trouble later...because nvc will accept a copy...but then again, they might hold you up and ask you to send it in after you've already sent in everything else....

safest thing to do is send in the original...just make a lot of copies just in case anything...also send in the original birth certificate...you get everything back at the end...

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.