thejoz

Resending the I129F Package to Fiancee

15 posts in this topic

It's hard enough trying to gauge what the London embassy will even look at, I realize, but I'm going over the entire checklist for the I-129F package...cause VJ's advice is to just resend the entire thing...but there are several things I don't think I need to do.

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

Obviously this one is a no-brainer, no need to pay what I've already paid!

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

This is a question mark. I'm not petitioning for anything anymore, the petition has been approved...I really doubt the embassy needs to see this, right?

3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

Another no brainer!

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

I can't even find the original of this, but I imagine I typed it up. Is this necessary again?

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

Redid this one

6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

Already reprinted this, just need the pictures again.

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

Redone already

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

Question mark 2. Do I really need to provide the embassy with passport pictures of myself? I know she needs to do it for her interview, but what about me? Do they need to see my ugly mug too?

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

Pretty sure she's already done this.

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

She's gotta do this already so.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

I already have another certified copy ready to go for her, so that's easy.

Sections 12, 13, and 14 are still irrelevant

With all that said, did anyone else omit the things I'm questioning and get past?

...Does it even matter? The London habit seems to be to ignore all this ####### in the first place. Hm.

Just the less I have to do the better really, but if you all think I should make sure to have them anyway, I'll do that. Thanks!

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

After all you will have been through waiting for the interview time to arrive, do you really want to be cutting corners for the sake of saving a few sheets of copier paper?

What if you just to happen to get the interviewer who wants to see something you didn't supply?

I made an exact duplicate of the original petiton packet before I mailed it off in the first place. All I need to do is hand my fiance the sealed envelope. He is more than happy to carry it all the way to London!

Better safe than sorry. ;)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

i also have all original stuff...I'd rather have too much than not take something that knowing my luck would be the one thing they ask for.

I'm stressed out enough without adding any more "what if?"

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The US Embassy does not indicate a copy of the I-129f package on the check list of required documents needed to show readiness for the interview.

That's what I figured (my way of reassuring myself since Mark didn't copy everything before he sent it >_< ). Mark is bringing me (when he visits) his birth certificate and is going to send me a letter from his employer and the financial stuff they ask for as well as an up-to-date declaration of wanting to marry me still once we get to NOA2 stage so that I'll have them for the interview. In terms of relationship proof I'm going to take our scrapbook which will contain originals of boarding passes and things like that plus photos from when I was out there and then photos from him being here. I might take a couple of more recent e-mails and letters than the copies sent with the original submission.

I figure in the worst case scenario they might possibly mislay the original package documentation when you go for your interview but, provided you take all the things they actually ask for, I don't see how it would result in a negative outcome. I totally understand people taking a copy (if they have one) as a precaution but I would think its main value would be if your submission was somehow lost before receipt of NOA2.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

can you believe my husband and I will resend the papers the I 130 package all over again cause our dearst ex lawyer we guess made a mistake and since december 26 that date that he told us that sent our papers we sitll here waiting for the Notification.......

We are in the same boat......... right ? and I guess we will need to pay for the visa also cause we can any anwser from the USCIS......

Good luck for us

Wishing all the best for the February fillers !!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Because I compiled the petition and relevant documents myself I made two copies before Tom sent it. I'll just take one of the copies 'just in case'.

Just because London seems to ''ignore all this ####### in the first place'' doesn't mean one of these days they will ask for something you haven't brought with you.

I'm in agreement with Laura.

I took an entire copy of the I-129F to be on the safe side, didn't have to show it but for peace of mind it was a godsend.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm in agreement with Laura.

I took an entire copy of the I-129F to be on the safe side, didn't have to show it but for peace of mind it was a godsend.

Same here.

I know there will be lots of disagreement with me, but I'll put in my two cents worth...

You are done with the I-129f petition. It's approved by the USCIS (part of Dept of Homeland Security).

Embassy and Visa petition is a new game run by a separate agency, the Embassy (part of Dept of State). Their job is to approve the papers you the beneficiary have sent in to them as well as the financials, check your medical and criminal record admissablility, warn you of anything the American could be hiding from you like his prison record and 14 kids, and get an idea of your relationship by chatting with you.

Now if USC had run the whole packet, page for page, through the copy machine before mailing and you had a copy, sure take it to London. But if it's going to cause stress and bother to reconstruct a package you don't need, then I say forget it. It would be better to fret over having the Affidavit of Support perfect because London does look at that and wants it complete. There's at least 350 reports posted of UK interview experiences, and I've never seen one asking for something out of the old petition. People that get delayed either don't have their Affidavit of Support in order; or they are Nigerian, Pakistani, or Indian who were not native born Brits. Those not born in the UK almost always have 4-8 weeks of of AP before they are issued a visa.

So why does VJ tell you to take the entire original petition? I think it's because VJ is covering the whole world and some consulates are very strict and the interview is grueling, especially in countries where there is historically higher visa fraud. I think sending your fiance the original petition is akin to having Cliff's Notes. (Do you have those in the UK? It's for when you didn't read the literary work assigned for class, so you grab a Cliff's Notes for A Tale of Two Cities and study the character names and plot for your test the next day hoping to pass.) Imagine you were a Filapina who had only spent two weeks with your American fiance you've known 3 months, who is 35 years older than you, and your English is limited. You will be facing a tough interview in Manila. So you have the original petition to study (like Cliff's Notes) so you know the name of your fiance's parents, where he works, where he has lived, the full name and birthdate of his children, how you met, the exact dates of things, etc. The copy of the petition isn't really for the Embassy, it's best use is for a study guide.

Did officials at London actually look through anybody's scrapbook of their relationship and discuss it? No. Do they in Manila? Yes

Does London ask to see a new letter of intent? Maybe if your NOA2 expiration has passed 5 months ago and they aren't sure that you two still want to go through with things.

Ok, I'm done.....and it's just an opinion and the reason's why I have that opinion. It's not advice. What one does should always be what they feel confident doing.

Wishing you the best. You're almost done! (L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Did officials at London actually look through anybody's scrapbook of their relationship and discuss it? No. Do they in Manila? Yes

i agree. when i had my interview i took so many heavy things with me including a huge photo album and a copy of the petition. i was quite disappointed (as are others who have written reviews) that they didn't want to see anything as it was so heavy i wanted to feel like i hadn't carried it all that way for nothing! at the end of the interview i asked him if he wanted to see anything else and he said no it was fine but it was a good idea to bring it, just in case. it is good to be prepared but don't go overboard and stress yourself out over it. good luck, i'm sure everything will turn out easier than you thought. ;)

Edited by rocks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I, too, personally can see no reason to have a copy of your entire I129f packet with you at the interview. My now-husband didn't bring one for his interview and was approved without incident. I can see keeping one for your own personal records, in case the packet is lost at VSC or CSC, but not for the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why would one want to possibly throw everything to the winds at the last moment in the process by not bringing the other documentation?

They do make backpacks and portable carts if you are too burdened to carry. Just my opinion.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Why would one want to possibly throw everything to the winds at the last moment in the process by not bringing the other documentation?

Because London sends you a list of what to bring to the interview. A copy of the I-129F petition is not on the list. They don't want it. They don't need it.

It is visa journey that says to send your fiance a copy of the I-129F and I don't think even VJ says and take it to the interview. The original poster didn't have an easy copy already made and was seeming somewhat stressed over creating a copy. So some of us said to save the stress because it isn't required or looked at. The long list of things to take to the interview that appear in VJ threads are almost bordering on urban legend in my opinion. London is not like the Philippeans or Nigeria. There is a lot of fear in the hearts of those who haven't been to the interview. Many have commented afterwards "Geez, it was nothing. I don't know why I was so worked up." So my opinion to the original poster is still to save the sress and leave the original petition and scrapbooks at home.

They do make backpacks and portable carts if you are too burdened to carry. Just my opinion.

You can't take a backpack or portable cart in the embassy. They allow small bags and handbags.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OK, then maybe I missed the special instructions for the London embassy. Then I'd follow their instructions ( and 10-4 on the no backpacks allowed).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.