59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

according to that darn BMI I am obese...:P I know I am overweight but I don't think I am obese... :wacko::blink:

at my doctor's office the nurse is always surprised by what I weigh, she says I don't look like I weigh that... i guess i distribute it well or something... :lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
2. Why does anyone even care if someone "eats themselves to death" anyway? It's not like the U.S. has government-run healthcare, where everyone chips in with their tax money to pay for others. It's privatized, so if someone eats so much they need a coronary bypass, then that's their issue; not mine or yours or the government's problem.

For the same reason we are forced to wear seat belts. Why should the state care if I wear a seatbelt or not? Why should they care if I'm fat or not? Wanna know why?

Insurance companies.

Insurance companies want to keep their money, not pay it out to you. Ergo, their powerful lobbyists coerce state governments into passing stupid-arsed laws like the seatbelt law, this obese person law, and a ton of others.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

What is stupid about the seat belt law? It's one of the few 'invasions' into privacy that I wholeheartedly support.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Watch out big brother is coming all rights will be gone soon.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
According to the lawsuit, Chabot pulled over a van operated by Carlos A. Tamup because Tamup had failed to use his turn signal when changing lanes.

They'd have to pull over every resident in Florida if they worked down here. NO ONE uses their turn signals. INCLUDING the police. :angry:

The must really be Rhode Islanders who went to retire down there.Nobody uses their turn sigals here either.

I've seen beat police officers in NYC who shall we say... look like they'll have a heart attack if they get pulled into a foot chase.

I know! That always boggled my mind. :blink:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

What is stupid about the seat belt law? It's one of the few 'invasions' into privacy that I wholeheartedly support.

Why?

If someone doesn't wear a seatbelt and flies through the windsheild of their car, how does it affect you? Why is it your concern? Why is it the government's concern? As mentioned, we don't have national health care. Either the victim or his insurance company will have to pay for it.

Me, I never wear a seatbelt. Too many years as an auto mechanic. I KNOW what those things can do to you. Plus, I have serious confinement issues. No ties, no shirts buttoned to the top, no tight fitting clothes, and NO seatbelts. If I had a seatbelt on, I'd be MORE likely to have a wreck from the stress of fighting off panic attacks.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Platy, oh pal, you and I are on the same page today! It is my comfort in my vehicle. My wearing or not wearing seatbelt affects only myself. The only time I put a seatbelt on is just before a cop pulls me over. Oh and yeah, no decorative business nooses around my neck either!

Why?

If someone doesn't wear a seatbelt and flies through the windsheild of their car, how does it affect you? Why is it your concern? Why is it the government's concern? As mentioned, we don't have national health care. Either the victim or his insurance company will have to pay for it.

Me, I never wear a seatbelt. Too many years as an auto mechanic. I KNOW what those things can do to you. Plus, I have serious confinement issues. No ties, no shirts buttoned to the top, no tight fitting clothes, and NO seatbelts. If I had a seatbelt on, I'd be MORE likely to have a wreck from the stress of fighting off panic attacks.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I 'suffer' from price hikes in my insurance premium becaues of the cost of those infinitely worse ,avoidable injuries that are inflicted when one gets flung around or out of a vehecle because someone thinks it's not 'cool' and an infringement on personal liberties' to not wear one. It's the exact same argument as those morons who think their head is safe without a helmet when riding a motor cycle. My personal suffering is however negligable compared to the pain caused to members of the families of those who get killed or injured because someone chose not to wear one. Not to mention the horrors that the emergency services have to view because of this insane idea that seatbelts do more harm than good. If you live in a state where wearing one is 'optional' (I really had no idea that there were any but...) then you can continue to choose this, in my opinion foolheardy, course of action.

Yes, I know there are the odd time when wearing a seat belt may just cause more injuries but they are the exception. The vast majority of the time, wearing a seat belt saves lives.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Honestly, do you think the resturant will like the bill. I am quite sure obese people spend well at these establishments. They have the hearty appetites, right.

The most important issue for any type of law enforcement, firefighter, Security, and of course The Armed Forces. I was always scrutinized and had to be taped to pass (the weight standards) because according to their standards that did not take in to account each individual is built and distributes it differently. Ok, I am rambling. These individuals should be expected to keep up with annual physical fitness test. Those that barely make it should be required twice a year. I know for a fact many are just written in as pass. I have seen applicants show up and can not run 1 lap to qualify as a recruit, these individuals are 19-24. Most are never obese, they have never really excercised. Yes, there are many issues involved in the US concerning eating habits. However, I do not see this as a solution.

But of course coming from Mis sloppy what else is expected.

Health and Wellness to you always

May your life be filled with many colors.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why?

Seatbelt saved my life. It's not that risky legally to not wear one, as long as you don't get pulled over, but if making it illegal not to wear one overrides people's worries that wearing a seatbelt is "uncool," then I think it's worth it. We all know they save more lives than they harm.

Why?

If I hit you, and you die because you weren't wearing a seatbelt, I will spend the next five years in prison, not to mention that I will have nightmares for the rest of my life from knowing that I killed you. That's how it affects me.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Why?

Seatbelt saved my life. It's not that risky legally to not wear one, as long as you don't get pulled over, but if making it illegal not to wear one overrides people's worries that wearing a seatbelt is "uncool," then I think it's worth it. We all know they save more lives than they harm.

I used to work for the SAAB dealer in Indy. The seatbelts in SAAB 900s were "active". They had an explosive charge in them, like an air bag. When they detected an impact, rather than locking up like normals ones do, they exploded and pulled the belt tight across your chest. You were guaranteed almost to have broken ribs, maybe a displaced sternum, but hey! You'd be alive! Unless one of your broken ribs punctured a lung or some such, of course.

I have issues with the government telling me what to do. Wear a seatbelt. No smoking in restaurants or bars in this town (I think the market should determine if a place is non-smoking or not. A person does NOT have the right to demand that a restaurant be non-smoking so that they can eat there. Go somewhere else.) Can't buy fireworks because some idiot blew off his hands after shoving an M80 up his #######. Gotta wear a helmet while on your motorcycle. Etc etc. blah, blah. If I wanted a f#$%ing nanny, I'd hire one. Less government = good.