w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Mississippi: New bill would make it illegal for restaurants to serve the obese

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Seriously.... #######? Obese Police?

No joke - you would think that being a foot patrol officer, physical fitness is kind of important to job performance.

I mean you don't see firefighters like that... why should beat police be any different.

Edited by Number 6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hey if we can deputize cops as immigration officers, we can also deputize 16 year old McDonald's employees as registered nurses.

Around here,they are not deputized,they take it upon themselves to ask for green-cards when doing routine traffic stops.The police here are forever getting in trouble for racial profiling.

Where are you?

About a 4 hour drive from you in Rhode Island.My aunt lives in Hackensack.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Timeline
Hey if we can deputize cops as immigration officers, we can also deputize 16 year old McDonald's employees as registered nurses.

Around here,they are not deputized,they take it upon themselves to ask for green-cards when doing routine traffic stops.The police here are forever getting in trouble for racial profiling.

Where are you?

They ask for green cards in RI? Wow...

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

*makes mental note to avoid Mississippi*

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I've seen beat police officers in NYC who shall we say... look like they'll have a heart attack if they get pulled into a foot chase.

Other than cadets there are no physical fitness standards for cops in NYC. Oh dear... we may offend someone.

Thank the ADA

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Where are you?

They ask for green cards in RI? Wow...

Check this one out:

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu9L1f6RHJHEB...SQ.2c7d941.html

*makes mental note to avoid Mississippi*

I hear that !

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline
I've seen beat police officers in NYC who shall we say... look like they'll have a heart attack if they get pulled into a foot chase.

You should see some of Providence's finest.We have a Dunkin'Dounuts on every corner and their always there. :yes:

January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Timeline
According to the lawsuit, Chabot pulled over a van operated by Carlos A. Tamup because Tamup had failed to use his turn signal when changing lanes.

They'd have to pull over every resident in Florida if they worked down here. NO ONE uses their turn signals. INCLUDING the police. :angry:

I know! That always boggled my mind. :blink:

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Seriously.... #######? Obese Police?

No joke - you would think that being a foot patrol officer, physical fitness is kind of important to job performance.

I mean you don't see firefighters like that... why should beat police be any different.

I think he meant police who "police" the obese. "Obese Police". Not fat police officers...cause we KNOW they exist...:P

Filed: Other Timeline

We do around here! A couple of years ago a firefighter dropped dead on the front lawn of a burning house because he'd had a massive heart attack. The family of the dead firefighter tried to sue the home-owner for wrongful death because it was found to have been arson that started the fire. Photos of the firefighter showed him to be rather rotund and out of shape. I do believe the suit never made it to court.

Our firehalls here are full of overweight and obese "public safety" officers. They pull double duty here, police and firefighter.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Talking of firefighters, there was a cat stuck in a really tall and very large tree across the road from us a couple of days ago. The owner called the fire dept and out they came. Fire truck pulled up and three firefighters walked towards this tree. No ladder - which I though was odd. Then one of the firefighters literally just climbed this tree like a monkey, grabbed the cat (who gave no resistance) and climbed down. It took no more than ten seconds and the cat was pretty high up too.

I admit I was applauding from inside the house cause I was really impressed by this firefighter's tree climbing skills, he made it look SO easy.

Yay for firefighters! :dance:

P.S. He wasn't fat. :P

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Two points...

1. Who defines what obese is? According to the medical community, practically everyone is obese or at least, overweight. If you go by the BMI (which is notoriously inaccurate, since it fails to take into account the differences between body type, fat and muscle), then we'd have very few people who would fit into the category of "healthy."

2. Why does anyone even care if someone "eats themselves to death" anyway? It's not like the U.S. has government-run healthcare, where everyone chips in with their tax money to pay for others. It's privatized, so if someone eats so much they need a coronary bypass, then that's their issue; not mine or yours or the government's problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I definitely feel that police officers and fire fighters should be given some sort of physical /stress / fitness test periodically to be certain they are in shape enough to handle their duties. If they are found incapable, they should be pulled from active duty and required to make adjustments within a period of time. We pay these civil servants from our tax dollars to assist us in crisis (not the other way around). Minimum fitness standards need to be in place. I know some jurisdictions already require annual assessments. :thumbs:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As for point 1, I agree. It needs to be determined by body fat level, if you ask me. As for point 2, law suits! There are people now suing because fast food joints, "Made" them get fat.

Two points...

1. Who defines what obese is? According to the medical community, practically everyone is obese or at least, overweight. If you go by the BMI (which is notoriously inaccurate, since it fails to take into account the differences between body type, fat and muscle), then we'd have very few people who would fit into the category of "healthy."

2. Why does anyone even care if someone "eats themselves to death" anyway? It's not like the U.S. has government-run healthcare, where everyone chips in with their tax money to pay for others. It's privatized, so if someone eats so much they need a coronary bypass, then that's their issue; not mine or yours or the government's problem.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG