Yoink

Sending in I-129F on Monday..last sec advice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I joined visajourney thinking I would use it as a supplement to my own research and in conjuction with the use of a lawyer. Here I am now about to submit adn I totally learned everything worth knowing about the process from this site and everyones help here. Oh and no lawyer either!

Some things I should mention before the advice comes in. I saw a post just yesterday that some people may have had issues with RFE about fiances birth-certificate if she is applying from a third country not where she was born... I was like "bingo" thats my situation so I am now including a copy of her birth-cert. Thanks for that one.

I am not worried about evidence.. we met in one country.. with evidence.. and we have been in her country and the U.S. all with passport stamps, tickets and pictures.

My biggest concern is that I am sending the petition from Israel and when everything starts to happen in 5-6 months (hopefully), I will be back in the U.S. I put my addresss as if I was in the U.S now though so that the NOA1 will be sent there. That cool?

Now I am seeing just how big this packet gets too... 50 pages! and I have to make 2 more duplicates wow. Great thing that I am in a country that charges 25cents a copy.

At this stage the only thing that needs to be translated is her birth-cert and I just want to be clear that she can translate it herself right? Just add the letter that says she is fluent in both languages and that it is an accurate translation.

So Any last minute advice I would appreciate

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I joined visajourney thinking I would use it as a supplement to my own research and in conjuction with the use of a lawyer. Here I am now about to submit adn I totally learned everything worth knowing about the process from this site and everyones help here. Oh and no lawyer either!

Some things I should mention before the advice comes in. I saw a post just yesterday that some people may have had issues with RFE about fiances birth-certificate if she is applying from a third country not where she was born... I was like "bingo" thats my situation so I am now including a copy of her birth-cert. Thanks for that one.

I am not worried about evidence.. we met in one country.. with evidence.. and we have been in her country and the U.S. all with passport stamps, tickets and pictures.

My biggest concern is that I am sending the petition from Israel and when everything starts to happen in 5-6 months (hopefully), I will be back in the U.S. I put my addresss as if I was in the U.S now though so that the NOA1 will be sent there. That cool?

Now I am seeing just how big this packet gets too... 50 pages! and I have to make 2 more duplicates wow. Great thing that I am in a country that charges 25cents a copy.

At this stage the only thing that needs to be translated is her birth-cert and I just want to be clear that she can translate it herself right? Just add the letter that says she is fluent in both languages and that it is an accurate translation.

So Any last minute advice I would appreciate

Who is at the US address you have listed? If there are any RFEs or other correspondence fromthe USCIS or NVC, they will go to this address. Just something of which to be aware.

I thought all translations had to be done by someone 'officially' certified to perform document translations, though this is just my impression and is by no way the final word on the subject. Hopefully other VJ members will chime in on this issue.

Welcome, and good luck on your journey!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought all translations had to be done by someone 'officially' certified to perform document translations, though this is just my impression and is by no way the final word on the subject. Hopefully other VJ members will chime in on this issue.

Translations need to be done by a person who is qualified according to the USCIS standard. If the benneficiary or the petitioner meet the qualifications then so be it....

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I translated for my friend, from Spanish to English, all documents in his application that needed to be translated. His K1 had no problem being approved. :D

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I translated for my friend, from Spanish to English, all documents in his application that needed to be translated. His K1 had no problem being approved. :D

USCIS translation requirements are pretty lax. Depending on the Consulate, expectations may differ on translations required later. So it is wise to ask about that in the appropriate regional VJ forum or to the Consulate directly. For instance for Guangzhou, an official government translation is required, regardless of what may have passed muster with USCIS.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.