55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am so glad I found this forum. I received an email this morning to inform me my case got moved from Texas to Vermont. It really freaked me out because I didn't know what it meant.

I am just worried about my work in case they can't process my case fast enough. Does anybody know what I can do when my greencard expires and my I-751 has not been approved yet? What am I going to tell my employer?? :help:

I-751 Timeline

5-07-07 NOA

7-03-07 Biometrics

1-31-08 Transfer from TSC to VSC

2-25-08 Last touch

6-10-08 Approved!!!

6-16-08 Card received!

N-400 Timeline

5-12-08 Application mailed to TSC

5-15-08 Application received at TSC

5-19-08 Check cashed

5-27-08 NOA

6-03-08 Biometrics letter

6-06-08 First biometrics appt.---> rescheduled

6-16-08 2. Biometrics letter

9-15-08 Interview letter

10-22-08 Interview

6-24-08 Biometrics appt.------> Fingerprints taken

7-05-08 3. Biometrics letter

7-09-08 Biometrics appt.---> Fingerprints retaken

6-24-08 Second Biometrics appt

9-15-08 Interview letter

10-22-08 Interview

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I am so glad I found this forum. I received an email this morning to inform me my case got moved from Texas to Vermont. It really freaked me out because I didn't know what it meant.

I am just worried about my work in case they can't process my case fast enough. Does anybody know what I can do when my greencard expires and my I-751 has not been approved yet? What am I going to tell my employer?? :help:

You should get a NOA1 that extends your Greencard for 1 year while they process your case.... so your expired greencard and the extension letter are what you need to allow you to work.... if your employer asks you to complete a new I-9 form then show your State ID/DL and your unrestricted SSN card.... thats all you need..... you do not have to show your Greencard to your employer...

Kez

Edited by Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your green card already expired sometime last summer if you are one of the mass transferees to VSC. You have an I-797 form (the NOA1) which is proof that your permanent residency and eligibility for employment has been extended for a year, through this summer. (Presumably, you will receive your 10-year card before then.)

You don't have to tell your employer anything. If they need to fill out an I-9 form for some reason as a reco rd of your employment eligibility, then, in addition to your NOA1, your Social Security card -- assuming it is unrestricted -- is sufficient. If it is restricted or if your NOA1 expires and you haven't received your 10-year card, you will have to make an InfoPass appointment at your USCIS field/district/local office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport. Either the SS card or the stamped passport are sufficient under USCIS regs to demonstrate employment eligibility. Also, if for some reason you don't get your 10-year card by this summer, the I-551 stamp is all you would need to re-enter the country if you are traveling abroad then.

Meh

Hi All, I am new here.

Our case was also transferred to VSC. But the message we got was different anyone else’s.

On January 31, 2008, we transferred this case to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

Isn't it strange? So they decided we need an interview and then moved the case? I am puzzled.

-----------------------

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

05-01-07 - I-751 sent to TSC

05-03-07 - TSC picks it up

06-09-07 - Biometrics

01-31-08 - File transfered to VSC

Edited by disneyworld

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Yep, I also got that one saying that we will be scheduled for an interview. :wacko:

I am a little confussed and blah here!!!!

Craig and Lidia...

09/02/05 AOS APPROVED (by e-mail)

09/06/05 I-130 Approval Notice in the mail!

09/06/05 AOS Approval Notice in the mail!

09/06/05 GREENCARD received in the mail!

End of May or beggining of June 07 applied for removal of conditions...

June 4th NOA

Jan 31st 08 Got email saying my case was transfered from TSC to VSC.....will be scheduled for interview....

Feb 04 last update online.

Waiting...

07/08/08 Green card ordered! No interview!

Waiting for card...

Card arrived and done for a while...

Now: Dual citizenship?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, as one who will be filing for LOC through TSC next year, my husband (the GC holder) and I (the USC) will be watching this like a hawk. So, let me see if I understand this so far: Some TSC cases are being transferred to Vermont. Ok...much like AOS cases that get transferred to CSC and approved without an interview. So far so good...except that most cases thru TSC are old as the hills already. Now I see that one has been transferred to VSC and is going to be scheduled for an interview. Does this mean that this person's case will be sent to their local office for the interview? I can't imagine USCIS would require them to fly all the way to Vermont. Does the transfer mean that your file has everything they need and no RFE will ensue? With all the recent transfers and all, I'm just trying to get a feel for how things are going nowadays.

I do apologise if I've asked anything that is common knowledge...I have only begun to read through this forum and gather the information my husband and I will need to know for filing LOC next February. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anybody has idea how long it will take to get I-751 approved from VSC now since they got all that work load from TSC. six months or 9 months?????

its so confusing?

N 400 Texas Locker Box/Charleston WV Timeline

06//16/2009 ---Applied

06/17/2009 --- Priority Date

06/20/2009 ---- Check Cached

06/22/2009 ---- NOA1 Received

06/30/2009 ---- BioMetric Notice Received

07/13/2009 ---- Biometrics Done

07/30/2009 --- interview letter date

08/03/2009 ---- Letter Received

09/10/2009 ---- Interview Date -Passed

10/04/2009 -----oath Letter Received (dated 09/30/2009 posted from Pittsburgh, PA)

10/19/2009 ---- Oath

10/19/2009 ---- Applied for Passport Book and Card

11/12/2009 ---- Passport Recieved

11/13/2009 ---- Passport Card Recieved

11/13/2009---- **DONE**

Filed: Timeline

apparently there are two groups of transferees: interviews and non-interviews. The question is if it is

a. a mistake

b. a case of the interview cases being "worked on" and already chosen for interviews while others are unopened cases

c they already figured out who to interview and whoever got a "transfered" only notice will not get an interview.

What do you think it is? Maybe there is no system to the madness?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I also got transferred on Jan 31, but no notice for interview. Will be interesting to see how many of us get an interview.

Karen -- I'm going under the assumption that I won't have to fly to Vermont if an interview comes my way, kinda like when I didn't have to go to Texas for AOS. But then again, this IS USCIS we are talking about here, and only the good Lord knows what is going on in their minds this days! :wacko:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My I-751 application was sent to the TSC Jan 8, but the 1 year extension letter came from the VSC Jan 25. Just got the biometrics appt letter Feb 2. Very pleased with the speed of the VSC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I also got transferred on Jan 31, but no notice for interview. Will be interesting to see how many of us get an interview.

Karen -- I'm going under the assumption that I won't have to fly to Vermont if an interview comes my way, kinda like when I didn't have to go to Texas for AOS. But then again, this IS USCIS we are talking about here, and only the good Lord knows what is going on in their minds this days! :wacko:

The interview thing is quite curious. I'm sure any interview will be conducted at the local office, but what I'm not sure about is if USCIS (someone at TSC) already determined, prior to transferring our cases, that some are going to get interviews and some aren't. That would mean someone already went through the cases. Why didn't they just approve the ones that aren't going to get interviews and be done with it then? Or are we only pre-approved? :wacko:

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

new touch date for today as well

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline
Got the same thing.... :angry: transferred to VSC... they better not let us wait another 7-8 months.... I'm so mad... I thought they'd finally approve us there at TSC :angry:

We submitted my wife's I-751 around 12/20/07. Mid-Jan she got notice of transfer to VSC WITH the greencard extension letter. On 2/2/08 she got her biometrics appt for 2/21. That's around 60 days, which doesn't seem that bad all in all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.