evanescence

A question for RFE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

....I filled the I-129F 7 mounts ago,and finally I received an e-mail,that says they sent me a letter 3 days ago for RFE.I havent gotten the letter yet. I am so upset,I met my finance 10 years ago,but I didnt know I was going to marry him...The application says to send a proof of meeting for the last 2 years,and I did send some pictures.Do you think they will ask for something before that time.I know, I have to see the letter first,but I am so desperate and upset :crying: .Thank you for your time!Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pictures are considered primary evidence. You need something that shows you and he were at the same place in the last 2 years , stamps on a visa, hotel bills the ticket stubs things that have a date on them . Pictures are ack up evidence.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

....I filled the I-129F 7 mounts ago,and finally I received an e-mail,that says they sent me a letter 3 days ago for RFE.I havent gotten the letter yet. I am so upset,I met my finance 10 years ago,but I didnt know I was going to marry him...The application says to send a proof of meeting for the last 2 years,and I did send some pictures.Do you think they will ask for something before that time.I know, I have to see the letter first,but I am so desperate and upset :crying: .Thank you for your time!Good luck

Pictures are secondary evidence.

You need to show boarding pass stubs, passport stamps or other evidence that show dates and places. The dates have to be within the past 2 years.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, like they said. Flight itineraries, dated pictures with a landmark in the background are always good...stamps in your passport, boarding pass/ticket stubs. All of these are good evidence that you have seen each other in the last 2 years. They will probably ask for something like this.

And don't worry, after my RFE I got my approval letter in 20 days. This means they are probably close to finished with your case :thumbs:

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

I was told that my RFE was issued on the 28th of November and I didn't receive it in the mail until December 20th. I sent it back on the 22 of December and to date have not heard anything from the USCIS. I have made a few calls but with no luck or information.

What really upset me the most is when they tell you that they are sending an RFE and don't tell you what it is for or what is about. I could have used the month it took to get the letter to gather the information that they needed.

Our RFE was based on needing more proof - ie pictures, airline itineraries, tickets and proof that we had met within the two years before we filed. We sent plenty of proof initially, so we ended up sending passport stamps and itineraries for his last three trips before we filed. Then they also wanted signed copies of our divorce decrees, which they initially had, they just wanted them to be signed by a legal authority or a judge. Stupid - stupid.

So, here we are on the last day of January with no new information. Just waiting and waiting and waiting...

I was told that my RFE was issued on the 28th of November and I didn't receive it in the mail until December 20th. I sent it back on the 22 of December and to date have not heard anything from the USCIS. I have made a few calls but with no luck or information.

What really upset me the most is when they tell you that they are sending an RFE and don't tell you what it is for or what is about. I could have used the month it took to get the letter to gather the information that they needed.

Our RFE was based on needing more proof - ie pictures, airline itineraries, tickets and proof that we had met within the two years before we filed. We sent plenty of proof initially, so we ended up sending passport stamps and itineraries for his last three trips before we filed. Then they also wanted signed copies of our divorce decrees, which they initially had, they just wanted them to be signed by a legal authority or a judge. Stupid - stupid.

So, here we are on the last day of January with no new information. Just waiting and waiting and waiting...

Good luck with your journey and keep in touch. Take care...

Good luck with your journey and keep in touch. Take care...

Sorry about the double post - not sure what is wrong with me...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yep, like they said. Flight itineraries, dated pictures with a landmark in the background are always good...stamps in your passport, boarding pass/ticket stubs. All of these are good evidence that you have seen each other in the last 2 years. They will probably ask for something like this.

And don't worry, after my RFE I got my approval letter in 20 days. This means they are probably close to finished with your case :thumbs:

Flight itineraries are not primary evidence and are meaningless without tickets or boarding passes.

If you cannot show evidence of being in the same place together during the past two years, your petition will be denied. You can submit again after you have an in person meeting.

When you first met is not an issue. You must show evidence you were together in person during the 2 years prior to petition filing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I agree - you need to compile enough paper basically to convince them - this is not a time for understatement. Collect everything you can to prove you have an on-going relationship. Dated email exchanges, ticket stubs, telephone records, photos, passport stamps, hotel receipts - all from the last two years. Gather as much as you possibly can. We sent in I think 20 pieces of evidence attesting to our relationship - even letters from family and friends saying they have witnessed us together, know of our relationship, etc. I would start now to gather all of this. And don't despair - you are close to be finalized. I can sympathsize with your frustration - this is a long and at times agonizing process. But as I just said to my fiance - after this, I think we are set to meet the challenges of marriage!

Timeline

I HAVE PASSPORT STAMPS,1000 OF E-MAILS,CHATS..PHONE BILLS..

UNFORTUNATELY I THREW MANY IMPORTANT EVIDENCE AWAY..AND KEEP SO MANY STUPID PAPERS AND THINGS.:).

BUT I JUST REMEMBER, WHEN I WAS IN EUROPE WE WENT TO A MARRIAGE BUREAU AND MADE UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR MARRIAGE,SO I KEPT THE PAPER.DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONCERN AND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND....

UNFORTUNATELY I THREW MANY IMPORTANT EVIDENCE AWAY..AND KEEP SO MANY STUPID PAPERS AND THINGS.:).

BUT I JUST REMEMBER, WHEN I WAS IN EUROPE WE WENT TO A MARRIAGE BUREAU AND MADE UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR MARRIAGE,SO I KEPT THE PAPER.DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP?

evanescence,

Take a look through the Guides - there is a section about Proof of Having Met In Person (within the last 2 years). See what you have and/or what you may need to get. But first, take a deep breath and wait for the RFE notice to arrive - it may be for something completely different. (The guides are still a good place to visit). GUIDES

:thumbs:

Right, there are two types of proof.

1. Proof of having met in the last two years. These are receipts, board pass stubs, passport stamps, and anything else that can give a location and date. This is the evidence required by the I-129F.

2. Proof of ongoing relationship. This is required at the interview. But can include emails, IM logs, phone bills, letters, or anything else that shows that you can communicate in a common language, and that you have been communicating.

No, K-1 is a fiance visa. Getting married outside of the US prior to using the K-1 visa, will make you ineligible for the K-1 visa. The marriage has to occur in the US after the visa has been granted.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Hello all,I just got my letter .It is for initial evidence request :(.I have a passport stamps,that show I flew to Germany with dates and everything,so / forgive me my stupidity/:))but this is a proof that I was there,but not a proof that we met,I think.Do you think if I submit the secondary evidence-ticket plus pictures will help?

Your answers were so helpful ..Thank you!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

I certainly do feel for you on this.Make sure you only send them the RFE once you have the letter in your hand first.Also be sure to send it registered/return receipt.Some primary evidence is passport stamps,plane ticket stubs,e-mails,copies of phone bills.Good luck and hang in there,I know how it feels.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.