Shamim

I am tired

23 posts in this topic

I am tired with the game that the NVC playing with me. First they told me to send DS230-I and passport photocopy, then they sent me a checklist for missing documents, which are birth certificate, marriage certificate and DS230-II. After responding that, while I was waiting for my case to be completed, they have prepared another checklist for missing document which is benificiary's photograph. As soon as I have heard that, I have overnighted it. Now wait another 2-4 weeks to learn some other documents are missing ! What those could be? My wife's bood, flesh, skin.....................

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am tired with the game that the NVC playing with me. First they told me to send DS230-I and passport photocopy, then they sent me a checklist for missing documents, which are birth certificate, marriage certificate and DS230-II. After responding that, while I was waiting for my case to be completed, they have prepared another checklist for missing document which is benificiary's photograph. As soon as I have heard that, I have overnighted it. Now wait another 2-4 weeks to learn some other documents are missing ! What those could be? My wife's bood, flesh, skin.....................

Regarding the photographs for the DS-230, there is a thread about this in the NVC forum, apparently NVC has changed the requirements - but not posted them anywhere:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107805

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Regarding the photographs for the DS-230, there is a thread about this in the NVC forum, apparently NVC has changed the requirements - but not posted them anywhere:

yes i have also heared the nvc has changed requirments for the ds230...after january 1 2008....i...but mine was accepted jan 20th with the old regulations with no rfe's! i got lucky i guesse!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Timeline

yes i have also heared the nvc has changed requirments for the ds230...after january 1 2008....i...but mine was accepted jan 20th with the old regulations with no rfe's! i got lucky i guesse!

call the nvc....and ask what exactly it is...it could be a false rfe...or a reminder rfe!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am with you! Guess, I just mailed my spouses original documents yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get a RFE for photos!

Hmmm....NVC is driving us crazy!

I-130

07/27/2007 : Mailed I130 for spouse (VSC)

09/20/2007 : NOA1

11/07/2007 : NOA2

NVC

11/20/2007 : Case # Assigned

03/10/2008 : Case Completed!

03/20/2008 : Interview Scheduled & Interview letter mailed

03/25/2008 : Beneficiary received interview letter

03/25/2008 : Case forwarded to consulate. NVC message updated on 3/28/08.

Consulate

05/22/2008 : Interview

05/22/2008 : Visa granted and passport collected same day.

05/26/2008 : POE (Newark, NJ).

Our Timeline (more detailed events)

Perhaps the police report. But call and ask.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Perhaps the police report. But call and ask.

I think you're right. I had to send in my husband's birth cert, our marriage cert and the police report with the DS-230.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

I am confused - is one required to send these into the NVC prior to an interview being scheduled? Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought they are to be brought to the interview with the applicant?

Visa Approved May 21st, 2008.

Timeline
I am confused - is one required to send these into the NVC prior to an interview being scheduled? Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought they are to be brought to the interview with the applicant?

Yes you are required to send them to NVC, some consulates are not appointment posts - but San Jose is an 'Appointment' post, therefore your documents are submitted to NVC.

Check out the link below - chose your consulate from the drop down menu. On the next page you will see instructions on what you need to send with your DS-230 when NVC requests it:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

Yes you are required to send them to NVC, some consulates are not appointment posts - but San Jose is an 'Appointment' post, therefore your documents are submitted to NVC.

Check out the link below - chose your consulate from the drop down menu. On the next page you will see instructions on what you need to send with your DS-230 when NVC requests it:

NVC keeps changing rules and we are suffering, that's a pain. Another pain is people around me who are following this visa processing thinking me stupid, as if I was unable to follow NVC's instructions and keep receiving RFEs...................

Timeline

NVC keeps changing rules and we are suffering, that's a pain. Another pain is people around me who are following this visa processing thinking me stupid, as if I was unable to follow NVC's instructions and keep receiving RFEs...................

SHAMIM KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!! STAY STRONG!!!!!...when i got my RFE i felt terrible... i felt like i let my husband down!!!!

but then i realised things happen for a reason....and you need to stay strong....our loved ones will soon be with us!!!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

I agree. It's a tremendous amount of paperwork and processing. It's amazing anyone can jump through all the hoops without making a few mistakes.

Visa Approved May 21st, 2008.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

can someone tell me how long it takes the visa to expire?

I heard 6 months..but I read 4 months somewhere else..

and also.. Once you get the visa and cannot come right away... what happens with the green card? For instance my husband cannot come right after he gets the visa and so he is just planning to come 5 months after getting the visa (before the expiration) ..in this case what will happen with his green card?

QUICK REPLY NEEDED PLZ

.png

-------------------------

Marriage: 11/19/2006

I-130 Sent: 12/19/2006

I-130 Approved: 05/10/2007

Case Completed: 12/13/2007

Interview Date: 03/24/2008

Visa Recieved: 5/20/2008

U.S Entry: 10/07/2008

Timeline
I agree. It's a tremendous amount of paperwork and processing. It's amazing anyone can jump through all the hoops without making a few mistakes.

Yes and as you mention, the 'rules' keep changing. Why are we required to send in things they don't tell us about? I actually have a theory on this. I think they assume that most people will be using a lawyer who - through the grapevine, or bulletins, will somehow get this information.

This process is not designed to be user friendly. They also don't care if you get an RFE for items they don't request in their instructions :thumbs:

Anyway Shamim, hang in there, I went through a lot of hassles with NVC too - eventually it gets approved :)

Yes and as you mention, the 'rules' keep changing. Why are we required to send in things they don't tell us about? I actually have a theory on this. I think they assume that most people will be using a lawyer who - through the grapevine, or bulletins, will somehow get this information.

This process is not designed to be user friendly. They also don't care if you get an RFE for items they don't request in their instructions :thumbs:

Anyway Shamim, hang in there, I went through a lot of hassles with NVC too - eventually it gets approved :)

You are almost there. Too bad that NVC is changing some rules at the same time without notifying the agent properly. But you are almost at the finish line!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.