Ant

how is noa2 important?

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

l am new member but i am the member of one website that helping about visa too. Nice to meet you all.

Now my case be approved and got case number from nvc already but after November29,2007 my fiance got email from uscis that my case be approved that mean it's noa2 by mail but till now we didn't get noa2 (hard copy) from uscis yet. My fiance called them before one month they said when till one month call back then he did but they said after 15 days call back again he also did but they said again call back when 2 months passed so the end of this month will be 2 months. l don't know what to do.

The problem are how can we do? keep calling?

And also now my fiance don't understand why i worried too much about noa2 i told him i have to use for my status adjustment when i be there but he think we will use different form that is true but this noa2 is one of paper that need..right? l want to prove to him that why i post..hehe.

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for reply on this forum and i will show him.. ^-^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone,

l am new member but i am the member of one website that helping about visa too. Nice to meet you all.

Now my case be approved and got case number from nvc already but after November29,2007 my fiance got email from uscis that my case be approved that mean it's noa2 by mail but till now we didn't get noa2 (hard copy) from uscis yet. My fiance called them before one month they said when till one month call back then he did but they said after 15 days call back again he also did but they said again call back when 2 months passed so the end of this month will be 2 months. l don't know what to do.

And also now my fiance don't understand why i worried too much about noa2 i told him i have to use for my status adjustment when i be there but he think we will use different form that is true but this noa2 is one of paper that need..right? l want to prove to him that why i post..hehe.

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for reply on this forum and i will show him.. ^-^

Yes, as far as I know, the 797 paper of NOA2 will be needed again when you get U.S. to change the ID, but I don't know if there is any other form can replace that, and try to collect all the emails from USCIS and NVC to prove you did once get the aprroval already. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I never received a NOA2 hardcopy and so far I have not missed it. I always used the letter from the consulate (appointments, Packet 3, etc). When you file for AOS later you will send a copy of the visa anyways. I did not get a RFE for that.

I-129F Timeline

2007-01-13 I-129F sent to CSC

2007-08-17 interview - approved!

-------------------

AOS Timeline

2007-10-17 filed for AOS and EAD

2007-10-25 NOA1 for both applications

2007-11-19 RFE for AOS

2007-12-11 received letter with AOS interview date (Feb 2008) but none for biometrics appointment

2007-12-28 EAD touched

2008-01-07 Infopass: EAD approved on 12/28, status online not updated, received biometrics appointment

2008-01-26 Biometrics appointment

2008-01-28 EAD Card Production ordered, AOS and EAD touched

2008-01-30 EAD Card Production ordered again

2008-02-20 AOS Interview, verbally approved

2008-02-28 approval notice per mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are supposed to send a photocopy of the NOA2 when you go through AOS. There are other ways of replacing it (as said above) but to ensure you don't get an RFE (as every case is different) I would keep bugging them about getting one. Because, if you DO get an RFE for it, you will have to then request a duplicate copy by sending in the form and paying I think $310? Too lazy to look, but that would be the chance you'd take if you gave up now.

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:) Thank you very much Dianepc, Fwwaquv, Arnt and Davidprincess for your suggestion.

Wish all the best for all of you.

Good Luck ^-^

Yea, I'd try and get a copy for AOS.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

We had the same problem. For some reason in May, they didnt send out a bunch of hard copy NOA2's. You absolutely need it for AOS (specified in the instructions) and while some people may have had luck filing AOS without it, I would not risk the several months delay and extra $$$ and RFE for this would cause. What we did is wait for one month (after I found out we had been approved in the first place, 15 or 20 days after... GRRR) then I called USCIS and got the run around like you have been getting. So then, I called back, but this time I hit all the buttons for having an RFE. This will put you in contact with the actual service center, NOT USCIS's crappy call center. Tell the service center rep the problem and they SHOULD send out another copy within 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, ask to speak with the supervisor for the normal USCIS call center and keep pestering them until they submit a service request. Stay on top of this though, as you will NEED it for AOS.

Oh, for evidence to convince him ( hehe silly men!) go to the USCIS website and download the AOS form. You will see it specified in the instructions for filing after a K1. Good luck!

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

We had the same problem. For some reason in May, they didnt send out a bunch of hard copy NOA2's. You absolutely need it for AOS (specified in the instructions) and while some people may have had luck filing AOS without it, I would not risk the several months delay and extra $$$ and RFE for this would cause. What we did is wait for one month (after I found out we had been approved in the first place, 15 or 20 days after... GRRR) then I called USCIS and got the run around like you have been getting. So then, I called back, but this time I hit all the buttons for having an RFE. This will put you in contact with the actual service center, NOT USCIS's crappy call center. Tell the service center rep the problem and they SHOULD send out another copy within 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, ask to speak with the supervisor for the normal USCIS call center and keep pestering them until they submit a service request. Stay on top of this though, as you will NEED it for AOS.

Oh, for evidence to convince him ( hehe silly men!) go to the USCIS website and download the AOS form. You will see it specified in the instructions for filing after a K1. Good luck!

:) Really thank you MSU 17

l will copy your post to him and then he will understand why i worried about noa2. l really like what you said "Oh, for evidence to convince him ( hehe silly men!)" haha but i guess this phrase of you maybe can't let him see ..hehe anyway i laugh when i read this of you. :lol:

Again thank you so much for your suggestion.

Good Luck to you too.

P.S. l am thai and will go to live in torrance,CA..how about you?

Hi MSU17,

l just talked to my fiance he told me he talked to staff and he got reference# and now he understand how is noa2 important..haha. But still the staff said this....

i called uscis to day you right they will need that paper for adjustment again (this is his words..haha) they told me wait till end of february i have to wait 3 months (different staff different thing) so i ask her what should i do she told me just wait they give 3 monts to wait the letter will come back to them if it didnt come back to them then i have to apply again and pay $340

So i ask for your favor what should i do after this?

Thanks in advance and sorry if my message bother you.

Ant.

We went through a similar situation. Our NOA2 hasn't arrived after 7 months and I'm pretty sure those idiots never sent it to begin with. We were told the only option was to file the I-824 (request for a duplicate copy) and pay the $340 fee. They are processing I-824's as of July 2007, so I think it takes about 6 months to get a duplicate copy. You may be able to get away with just printing off the "online approval notice," but who knows with these people? We decided it wasn't worth the risk so we sent in the I-824.

Hello everyone,

Filed: Timeline

We never received the NOA2, either. But because we had saved all the correspondence regarding our attempts to obtain one, I sent that in with an explanation in the covering letter. I also included a printout of the online approval notice. So.... keep a record of each phonecall and every piece of correspondence. Print out a hardcopy of the online status and keep that too. Our online status also showed a record of our attempts to have the NOA2 resent. Print that out and send it in also. Oh.... my AOS was approved without an RFE. Good luck. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.