spinachfarmer

Almost a year since we sent in I751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello and thanks in advance for your insight!!

We sent in our I751 to Nebraska in February of 07. We got the NOA, Ryoko did her biometrics, we have the extra year to travel/work. Online, USCIS case status tells us that they will notify as soon as they make a decision.

I'm worried for three reasons:

1. The processing times list that 10 Feb is the date of application that they are working on (we were accepted 9 Feb)

2. I've noticed that some of you have gotten your 10 year in less that 6 months (awesome--and congratulations btw :D )

3. My wife is returning home for a few weeks and will come back to the states close to her 1 year grace period

Should I be worried, or will everything be just fine?

(I hate how difficult/stressful this process has been for people who just want to "live happily ever after..." and I hate that our marriage has to be a process. :( )

If you get inside of 90 days of the extension expiring you should do an info pass to see what is going on, at least get an extension in the passport.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My case was received in Nebraska on Jan 25th 07, biometrics on Feb 23rd and I've heard nothing since so don't worry too much about it. I wouldn't go by what the website processing times show either. Make an Infopass appointment as mentioned to ease your mind. Good luck.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

I had an infopass appointment, but they couldn't tell me much more information than was online. She did say that processing was around Jan 15th 2007 an not 9th or 10th as the website reported. Also she wouldn't stamp my passport without proof that I was travelling, so i need to go back with the plane ticket.

You're in the same black hole as the rest of us filing through Nebraska.

I don't think anyone has been authorised through Nebraska since 1933. :wacko:

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I had an infopass appointment, but they couldn't tell me much more information than was online. She did say that processing was around Jan 15th 2007 an not 9th or 10th as the website reported. Also she wouldn't stamp my passport without proof that I was travelling, so i need to go back with the plane ticket.

I thought they would stamp your passport after the year if you were going to travel or not !!!

Where does that leave the people who need the extention for their driver's license or for work ?

Sorry...I know you don't know this but seems sooo wrong....I'm venting again :angry:

Bette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I thought they would stamp your passport after the year if you were going to travel or not !!!

Where does that leave the people who need the extention for their driver's license or for work ?

Sorry...I know you don't know this but seems sooo wrong....I'm venting again :angry:

Bette

I believe the stamp in the passport is documentation of you being a permanent resident (conditional but you have the same rights as a PR as long as your case is still being adjudicated) so it should be acceptable for drivers license or work and not just for travel. Ofcourse different agencies may interpret it differently but i believe thats what the stamp is supposed to be.

Regards,

Sandeep

K-1 TIMELINE

June'2004 - K-1 petition approved

August'2004 - K-1 Visa Stamped in Singapore

08/05/2004 - POE NYC Stamped Temp EAD

09/15/2004 - NOA for AOS/EAD

11/12/2004 - EAD Approved Online

11/22/2004 - EAD Card in Mail

01/15/2005 - AOS Interview Letter in Mail

03/21/2005 - AOS Interview Sucess

03/25/2004 - Green Card Arrives

I-751 TIMELINE

04thJan 2007 - I-751 NOA

Feb'2007 - Biometrics

Dec'2007 - Service request to USCIS

28th Jan2008 - Sent in N-400

That is so bizarre, the lady I spoke to said the same thing, along the lines of "come back with your plane ticket and we will take it to our supervisor. Maybe they will approve a 60 day extension for you".

I mean, for one I don't have a choice in the matter, and two, she made it sound like it was MY fault that my application was not yet approved. She kept saying "maybe you have not submitted enough proof... "(ok then, where's the RFE!?) My case was not updated since the Biometrics a year ago. Bahh, I don't believe it. NSC did not work well the first time around, so why would it now... you are right, it IS the black hole.

I have this dream about calling down there and playing a song for them.... "Hello....... is there anybody in there.... just nod if you can hear me.... is there anyone home?" B)

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm in the same situation with this Nebraska Service Center that doesn't seem to do any work lately .

I'm just wondering WTH is going on there ? I see applications filed in December 2006 still not resolved .

What are we getting for the money we paid ????

It's just depressing and humiliating to be at their mercy and like somebody mentioned about our marriages becomes a long processing time due to this BS Nebraska Service Center .

I have called numerous times 1-800 .....but no help and their website is very inaccurate misleading a lot of us. I was told also that contacting the local Congressman won't help either so I'm wondering who shall we contact G.W.Bush ???

I said it before and I will say it one more time ...illegal immigrants have a better ,faster path to get naturalized in this country and I feel bad for saying this but I guess that's the way it is :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Bette

I believe the stamp in the passport is documentation of you being a permanent resident (conditional but you have the same rights as a PR as long as your case is still being adjudicated) so it should be acceptable for drivers license or work and not just for travel. Ofcourse different agencies may interpret it differently but i believe thats what the stamp is supposed to be.

Regards,

Sandeep

Right...that's what I thought...so why do you need to have a plane ticket to get your fricken Passport stamped !!!

Do you need to schedule a trip to get a stamp???...how stupid is that.

Bette

Bette

Regards,

Sandeep

Right...that's what I thought...so why do you need to have a plane ticket to get your fricken Passport stamped !!!

Do you need to schedule a trip to get a stamp???...how stupid is that.

Bette

I kinda thought that too, that's why I booked an infopass and went with passport in hand and figured they would just say sorry for the delay, here's another extention. Maybe if you show the drivers licence is about to expire you can get the stamp. As for work authorisation, I don't think we need it. just because the green card has expired, our conditional permanent residence hasn't. Otherwise a lot of us would be working illegally right now.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Filed: Other Timeline

I know someone whose passport got stamped recently - no questions asked - and without showing an itinerary, plane ticket or traveling plans. The law and most USCIS policies do NOT directly address many individual situations and scenarios. This gives USCIS officers leeway to address many situations however they see fit and do whatever they please whenever they encounter a situation that the law or policy does not address directly. Unfortunately, the innocent immigrant is always at the receiving end of such use and abuse of these unchecked discretionary powers. Even more disheartening is the fact that the system provides very little to no recourse for victims of some of these 'activist' officers unfair and often illegal decisions.

That is the crazy monster called USCIS for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.