letty

rfe DS230

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I dont remember sending any photographs with the ds230. I guess they missed it for me.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys/gals;

When a RFE is sent for missing info on the DS-230, is the DS-230 form that was originally submitted returned to you to be corrected, or do they require you to send in a completely new form?

I got what sounded like a RFE fmessage from the automated line and when I called NVC I was told that Questoin #20 is missing info. I looked at my copy and found the error. I neglected to write in the to info on the address line. I should have written in "present" because that could not be entered on the computer being that section only accepts numbers.

I am asking because I would go ahead and mail it to my SO before I get the actual letter from the NVC. Now I M HEring about needing to submit pictures. HUH??? I am trying to do this ASAP considering the mail turnaround time to and from Ja. Although they stated they mailed the RFE on 1/25, I highly doubt it. Even though it was generated that day it doesn't necessarily mean it was mailed. We all know they wait for a crate to become full before they mail anything out.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello guys/gals;

When a RFE is sent for missing info on the DS-230, is the DS-230 form that was originally submitted returned to you to be corrected, or do they require you to send in a completely new form?

I got what sounded like a RFE fmessage from the automated line and when I called NVC I was told that Questoin #20 is missing info. I looked at my copy and found the error. I neglected to write in the to info on the address line. I should have written in "present" because that could not be entered on the computer being that section only accepts numbers.

I am asking because I would go ahead and mail it to my SO before I get the actual letter from the NVC. Now I M HEring about needing to submit pictures. HUH??? I am trying to do this ASAP considering the mail turnaround time to and from Ja. Although they stated they mailed the RFE on 1/25, I highly doubt it. Even though it was generated that day it doesn't necessarily mean it was mailed. We all know they wait for a crate to become full before they mail anything out.

Hi,

No need to worry about the pictures, unless they also send you an RFE for those.

To answer your first question, yes, the original you first sent to NVC is returned to you for correction, they will also have stamped the first page with a number (I don't think this is really significant).

If I remember correctly they only sent back part 1 - which is where the error is. Anyway, no reason not to send your SO the corrected copy now, send her/him parts 1 and 2 just in case they return the whole form.

Good luck!

Timeline
Hello guys/gals;

Hi,

No need to worry about the pictures, unless they also send you an RFE for those.

To answer your first question, yes, the original you first sent to NVC is returned to you for correction, they will also have stamped the first page with a number (I don't think this is really significant).

If I remember correctly they only sent back part 1 - which is where the error is. Anyway, no reason not to send your SO the corrected copy now, send her/him parts 1 and 2 just in case they return the whole form.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply Trailmix. Your knowledge is invaluable. I spoke with him this morning and it seems as if I had sent him more than one copy, so I am going to have him sign it and send it to me so that when I get the RFE I will have it to mail out right away. :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
Hello guys/gals;

Hi,

Good luck!

Well Trailmix;

I got the letter yesterday and they did not return the original. They just sent a letter stating that question #20 is incomplete. The letter did not mention anything about pictures, but something about police certificate. I called NVC last night to make sure they have the certificate and the operator said "we now have a new requirement that 2 passport pics be submitted with the DS-230." I was like "I found that out" and she laughed. I asked her at that poit if anything else was needed and she said that that was all.

They slay me. :wacko::wacko: It just means that if someone had not mentioned it in another thread I would not have known to ask Mike to send it to me. When I called him this am to let him know that I got the letter, he already mailed the newly signed form along with the pictures as I had discussed with him over the weekend. It just simply means that I would have gotten another RFE for missing docs/info. :angry::angry:

Claire

Edited by clairern

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.