Camel Hump Wednesday

93 posts in this topic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I am sooooooo sick of this winter! I fell down! Now normally, I would bounce back up, dust off the snow and go on. I fell next to my car and hit my dang elbow on the concrete. I have a purple-ish bump the size of a golf ball on my elbow. It hurts so bad, I can't lay down. It is 2am and I am sitting here almost in tears. It happened about 4 hours ago. Can't soak it, so what can one do about an elbow? Any nurses or mommy's around?

jJ

I am sooooooo sick of this winter! I fell down! Now normally, I would bounce back up, dust off the snow and go on. I fell next to my car and hit my dang elbow on the concrete. I have a purple-ish bump the size of a golf ball on my elbow. It hurts so bad, I can't lay down. It is 2am and I am sitting here almost in tears. It happened about 4 hours ago. Can't soak it, so what can one do about an elbow? Any nurses or mommy's around?

jJ

*Offers chocolate*

Im still up too, and its 5:45 am. I am sooooo sleepy, but I just cannot seem to get into the land of nod. Im off to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and see if that works.

If you're having trouble soaking it, I would advise trying a dishpan or similar vessel. Fill with hot water and epsom salts, then dip your elbow in. Try it sitting at the table, that should be the easiest and most comfortable. You might also try some icyhot. It wont heal the bruise, but might help a little. Might also try tying an ice pack around it, or getting one of the wearable one-time use ones from the drugsstore. The ice will take the swelling down, at least, so maybe then you can sleep.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

jJ

*Offers chocolate*

Im still up too, and its 5:45 am. I am sooooo sleepy, but I just cannot seem to get into the land of nod. Im off to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and see if that works.

If you're having trouble soaking it, I would advise trying a dishpan or similar vessel. Fill with hot water and epsom salts, then dip your elbow in. Try it sitting at the table, that should be the easiest and most comfortable. You might also try some icyhot. It wont heal the bruise, but might help a little. Might also try tying an ice pack around it, or getting one of the wearable one-time use ones from the drugsstore. The ice will take the swelling down, at least, so maybe then you can sleep.

Jackie, you could have cracked something.... really not good. I would go get an xray just to be safe :luv:

Hope your feeling better

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jackie, you be careful! :ranting:

here's my camel contribution

48359927_3ca7104a0a.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Hump Day !

This weather here is just flat out severe! I, too, am tired of winter. We had a good rain last night and then the temps dropped making everything icy.

Jackie, maybe you should get that elbow checked out.

Aymerlu, that camel sure has some nasty looking chompers !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

DSC_0349%20w%20camels.jpg

Here is my camel contribution of the day!

Jackie,

Sorry to hear about your fall - hope you are doing better - watch out out there ***(((HUGS))))**** (F)(F)

I second your winter hating mindset - I have been looking at apt in Arizona. I know this year winter in NY has been pretty mild so far comparing to Midwest or even West Coast but there are days when I seriously want to just pack a little bundle of nothing and move out from NY...California is my dreamland but way too expensive...So maybe Arizona...oh the daydreams of hot climate and monsoon storms...I can feel myself slipping into a trance.... :whistle:

Hope everyone has a good Wed...we are almost there...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! is approaching ...just not fast enough...

What is wrong with me...I can't stop writing...someone please stop me...I got to get back to work ....NOW!!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

:luv:

D.

Edited by Lost in NY

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
42d0.jpg

This dude needs a good dentist & periodontist! Happy Wednesday all... it's my Thursday since hubby & I will be heading to New Orleans tomorrow night after work to attend a "masquerade wedding" on Friday. We'll hang out, bop around, catch an Aquarium visit and head back on Saturday. The wedding should be lots of fun.

Jackie - hope that elbow is better today - keep an eye on it and have it checked out if it's not looking better soon.

It's freakin' cold here today - massive winds blew in last nite and the temp dropped about 35-40 degrees!!! Brrrrrrrrr!!! Now we're rocking it at 37 degrees, when it was 71 yesterday! :blink:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
You are cracking me up this morning Jackie LOL - BTW weed might do some magic for your elbow - so I heard :whistle::whistle: Edited by Lost in NY

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.