sweetpink

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY CONCERNS ABOUT I-131 FORM(ADVANCE PAROLE)

12 posts in this topic

The form I-131 quite confuses me. I don't have any specific plan of when to go back/visit to my country again. How am I supposed to fill in this form specially on part 3 down to the bottom part. I checked the sample form here in vj but most of the part are blank.

Can anyone help me please! Next week I am about to send my AOS papers.

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

The form I-131 quite confuses me. I don't have any specific plan of when to go back/visit to my country again. How am I supposed to fill in this form specially on part 3 down to the bottom part. I checked the sample form here in vj but most of the part are blank.

Can anyone help me please! Next week I am about to send my AOS papers.

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

You only need that form if you're planning on travelling outside the USA while your AoS is pending. If you have no such plans, why file this and spend good money?

Sometime 2002: Met on www.rondaksportal.com, started talking

March 2004: Visited Kim for the first time

July 2004: Visited Kim again - and she's not going to let me go back.

2004-08-06: Married

2004-09-21: Sent AoS and EAD applications to Portland DO

2004-09-24: Money orders cashed

2004-10-15: Fingerprinting for AoS

2004-11-04: EAD issued

2004-12-03: Received interview date

2005-01-04: Interview - adjusted to conditional resident

2006-11-06: Filing for lifting of conditions

2007-06-25: RFE from Nebraska

2007-06-26: Mailed requested evidence

2007-07-02: Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
You only need that form if you're planning on travelling outside the USA while your AoS is pending. If you have no such plans, why file this and spend good money?

i am sending my AOS packet next week too...i filled out the I-131 form too cuz it said it was optional and it doesnt cost anything extra if u send it along with your I-485...we are wanting to go to mexico in december of this year...so is there no purpose for us to fill out this form or should we go ahead and attach it and put when we are wanting to go to mexico?

Definitely file for AP, you never know how long AOS will take, and its better to have permission to leave in case something happens, or you simply want a vacation. Since it's included in your AOS fees, make USCIS work for their money!

On Part 3, we didnt have a specific date either, we just put an "estimate" of when we'd like to go... I put 3 months, so they would hurry up and process the AP timely :P

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Because as of July 1, AP and EAD are INCLUDED in the $1010 fee for AOS. You might as well file for it, you are already paying for it.

I just put in an estimated date. And I bumped it forward in the small slim chance they may take it into consideration and push my application sooner.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, since it is already included in the new pricing, you might as well. I'd just put in some arbitrary date....at least a few months from now.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

What is your specific question with part 3 on the AP application?

If you don't know when you'd like to travel just put an estimated date in.

The I-131 is a multiple use form (for advance parole, re-entry-permit etc.), that's why there are a couple of options on it. As a K1 holder who files for AOS or with pending AOS status you fill out the form exactly the way the example shows it. Which means, you will leave a lot blank because it simply doesn't apply to you (it says so on it, too: skip parts 4, 5 and 6 if applying for advance parole).

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Like stated above, put an estimated date in. That will be just fine.

As for the form: The example form here on VJ shows exactly how a K1 holder should file the form. I-131 is a multiple use form, so in your case you will simply have to ignore some of the parts (that's why the example form has all the blank spots as well).

Fill in your info in part 1, mark d) in part 2 and fill in part 3 as shown in the example (just with your dates, of course). Then go to part 7. Part 4, 5 and 6 don't apply to you (as a K1 holder applying for AP with AOS).

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just put "unknown" for intended departure date.

If you have a valid reason for applying and write that on a separate piece of paper you shouldn't have any trouble. I didn't.

09-28-2007 Arrived USA

10-03-2007 Married

10-18-2007 Package sent to Chicago

10-19-2007 Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

10-26-2007 NOA notice dates AOS, EAD, AP

12-14-2007 Biometrics Appointment - Charlotte NC

12-17-2007 EAD card production ordered

12-17-2007 AP approved

12-17-2007 I485 transferred to CSC

12-24-2007 AP papers arrive in mail

12-26-2007 EAD card arrives in mail

01-24-2008 Touch

01-29-2008 Greencard production ordered

02-02-2008 Greencard arrives in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.