almaty

Wal-Mart announced Tuesday that it will chop prices between 10 to 30 percent this week on groceries, electronics and other home-related products

180 posts in this topic

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you support your family, the way you do now, working at Wal-Mart? Those jobs are a step above slavery if you ask me. I'll give my money to help keep people working at fair wages.

Only a looser would try. Wal-Mart, like a fast food joint, is an entry level job. The difference in what Target pays it's workers and Wal-Mart isn't enough to make much difference. Like it or not there will always be some jobs that don't pay enough to have a $150K house with 2 cars and put 3 kids though college.

So if your beef with Wal-Mart is the 50 cent difference it pays the cashiers then it's a small difference indeed.

I find this exceptionally sad Gary. How many of our immigrant spouses come over here with education that is not accepted here and must start at entry level jobs? What if something happens to the USC (who only might be steps up the ladder) and the family has very little choice but to rely on some interim benefits to the USC and a entry level wage by the immigrant spouse? Losers?

They are not supporting their families then are they? They may be supplementing the family income but our spouses are not acting as the breadwinner. Retail stores and food service are designed as a stepping stones to a better job. They do not require skills or experience so therefore the pay is low. Those are the facts, I didn't make the rules. But someone who starts a family with skills that only get them a job stocking shelves is not acting responsibly. Sorry, but I will not retract my statement.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Target is snotty? :unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. When I think of snotty, I think of Nordstroms.

:o:o:o I like Nordstrom....walk through it everyday when I go home from work... :blush:

what's BFE???

I'm not saying there aren't Targets or Walmarts "somewhere" in Chicago, but not anywhere I can get to without multiple bus rides....

Butt-fck Egypt

:jest:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Could you support your family, the way you do now, working at Wal-Mart? Those jobs are a step above slavery if you ask me. I'll give my money to help keep people working at fair wages.

Only a looser would try. Wal-Mart, like a fast food joint, is an entry level job. The difference in what Target pays it's workers and Wal-Mart isn't enough to make much difference. Like it or not there will always be some jobs that don't pay enough to have a $150K house with 2 cars and put 3 kids though college.

So if your beef with Wal-Mart is the 50 cent difference it pays the cashiers then it's a small difference indeed.

I find this exceptionally sad Gary. How many of our immigrant spouses come over here with education that is not accepted here and must start at entry level jobs? What if something happens to the USC (who only might be steps up the ladder) and the family has very little choice but to rely on some interim benefits to the USC and a entry level wage by the immigrant spouse? Losers?

My thoughts exactly. :thumbs:

It's pretty sad to be looking down at anyone trying to make a life for themselves. Or the greeters who want to do something in their retirement.

I bet those 'loosers' can spell better too!

I couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Loser! You are right. Big time losers. Because of a corporate giant that delights in tearing apart towns creating slave camps.

I'm not talking about Target or McDonald's. I'm talking abut the local lawn mower shop or hardware store. As some others have pointed out, it is not necessarily an entry level position. Some times it is Pa from the Ma and Pa shop that ends up working for the same company that shut him down.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

They are not supporting their families then are they? They may be supplementing the family income but our spouses are not acting as the breadwinner. Retail stores and food service are designed as a stepping stones to a better job. They do not require skills or experience so therefore the pay is low. Those are the facts, I didn't make the rules. But someone who starts a family with skills that only get them a job stocking shelves is not acting responsibly. Sorry, but I will not retract my statement.

In the scenario I suggested they certainly *are* supporting the family. I don't think its that far of a stretch to invision something like this happening.

Filed: Timeline

:blink:

How do you climb up on that pedestal EVERY DAY?

Newsflash: Retail stores/food service need assistant managers/managers/regionals/corporates as well.

Tell me, when you were living in your car, with kids to feed - was working in a retail store/restaurant beneath you then?

Some look down on blue collar workers too. For the same reasons you said. Just sayin'.

Edited by devilette

Timeline

Luz, geez. ever hear of a joke?

I also heard you lose a tooth every 10th visit.

Keep in mind, you lose 20 IQ points every time you enter a Wal-Mart, but only get back 18 when you exit. So, please be careful!

I guess me and Luz are some of the freaks then that walk down the aisles of Walmart ..:P

And you lose your 50 IQ points by judging us just because we enter and shop at Walmart. You freak you!!! :angry:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Loser! You are right. Big time losers. Because of a corporate giant that delights in tearing apart towns creating slave camps.

I'm not talking about Target or McDonald's. I'm talking abut the local lawn mower shop or hardware store. As some others have pointed out, it is not necessarily an entry level position. Some times it is Pa from the Ma and Pa shop that ends up working for the same company that shut him down.

Slave camps? Where do you live? I live in an area with 4 Wal-Marts and trust me it is no slave camp here. Look at it this way. You have a small town with 10 small stores employing 5 people each. 50 workers right? Now a super Wal-Mart comes along and employs 150 workers. The town is better off. More people are working and the locals can buy more for their money. I know lots of people that work at Wal-Mart. They love their jobs. Only the outsiders try to tear Wal-Mart down.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You don't always spend more at Maw and Paw. It's a shame that it's the Walmarts that are putting the Maws and Paws out of business. I'd much rather support a local neighborhood store, restaurant, etc than some big chain.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

In the scenario I suggested they certainly *are* supporting the family. I don't think its that far of a stretch to invision something like this happening.

Especially when you look around and see that these are the only new jobs being created in the economy - all of the 'good' jobs have either been outsourced or downsized and all you have left are McJobs.... There are people with graduate degrees and many years experience in 'real' jobs now doing retail because it's the only kind of work they can find now.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Timeline

Especially when you look around and see that these are the only new jobs being created in the economy - all of the 'good' jobs have either been outsourced or downsized and all you have left are McJobs.... There are people with graduate degrees and many years experience in 'real' jobs now doing retail because it's the only kind of work they can find now.

:yes:

But hey, working there (or anywhere) is 'not supporting your family', dontcha know....

Luz, geez. ever hear of a joke?

I also heard you lose a tooth every 10th visit.

Keep in mind, you lose 20 IQ points every time you enter a Wal-Mart, but only get back 18 when you exit. So, please be careful!

I guess me and Luz are some of the freaks then that walk down the aisles of Walmart ..:P

And you lose your 50 IQ points by judging us just because we enter and shop at Walmart. You freak you!!! :angry:

:lol:

Timeline

I'm with you sister, 100% :thumbs:

You don't always spend more at Maw and Paw. It's a shame that it's the Walmarts that are putting the Maws and Paws out of business. I'd much rather support a local neighborhood store, restaurant, etc than some big chain.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Timeline

I love my area (Queens NY) because most of the stores around me are Ma and Pa, mostly run by immigrants.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

:blink:

How do you climb up on that pedestal EVERY DAY?

Newsflash: Retail stores/food service need assistant managers/managers/regionals/corporates as well.

Tell me, when you were living in your car, with kids to feed - was working in a retail store/restaurant beneath you then?

Some look down on blue collar workers too. For the same reasons you said. Just sayin'.

There was never a time when any job was beneath me. I just recognize that some jobs are entry level and some jobs are not. Hell, I got off the streets by cutting up fish 12 hours a day. Name me ANY retail store that pays it's stockers and cashiers a living wage. When I was a kid I worked at a Ma and Pa store and the wages sucked. At least Wal-Mart gives job security. The difference in the pay for a Target store and a Wal-Mart store isn't enough to make a difference. Oh, and don't you think a Target or Kmart store puts the Ma and Pa stores out of business?