one...two...tree

If The Presidential Election Were Held Tomorrow...

Presidential Election  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following candidates would you choose? (if they are the only choices)

• John McCain
    • Hillary Clinton
  2. 2. Or if it's this combination...

• John McCain
    • Barack Obama
  3. 3. Or if it's this combination...

• Mitt Romney
    • Any one of top three Democratic Candidates

40 posts in this topic

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Paul

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I will not vote for any Democrat nor will I vote for McCain. The poll won't work unless you fill out the whole thing...and I can't.

Anyway...I will sit out the 2008 election if McCain is the nominee.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm not voting for any more of those. I'd rather not vote at all.

My mother always said that if you don't vote, you forfeit your right to complain about the leadership; you had an opportunity to have some say and you rejected your right to take part in the democratic process, however flawed it may be.

ANd your mother is 100% correct

:thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

My mother always said that if you don't vote, you forfeit your right to complain about the leadership; you had an opportunity to have some say and you rejected your right to take part in the democratic process, however flawed it may be.

I don't buy that. It's about like asking yourself whether you wish to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose. I'd rather have neither.

Why actively support something you neither believe in or want?

A free man in a free country can complain about anything they don't like about their government. Refusing to vote does not forfeit that right. Not voting for people you dislike and distrust is a silent protest in itself that is visible when voters flee the polls in noticable numbers.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't buy that. It's about like asking yourself whether you wish to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose. I'd rather have neither.

A free man in a free country can complain about anything they don't like about their government. Refusing to vote does not forfeit that right. Not voting for people you dislike and distrust is a silent protest in itself that is visible when voters flee the polls in noticable numbers.

A noticeable protest that affects...what, exactly? It wouldn't be easily interpreted, and low turnout (unlikely anyway) would most likely be chocked up to voter apathy. A true protest of the type you're describing would be writing in a candidate. Not showing up is just lazy.

Filed: Timeline

:yes:

A noticeable protest that affects...what, exactly? It wouldn't be easily interpreted, and low turnout (unlikely anyway) would most likely be chocked up to voter apathy. A true protest of the type you're describing would be writing in a candidate. Not showing up is just lazy.

:thumbs:

Timeline

So who are you voting for? Mickey Mouse, Alfred E. Newman, Pat Paulson, Willie Nelson, Hillary, or Obama. All are equally competent to lead the USA down the Yellow Brick Road to Bonkersville. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to choose Mitt for #3 because there is no way in hell I would vote for Billary. I would definitely vote for Barack over Mitt, though.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is just a way for the bipartisan system to remain strong.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

none should win. they should all lose.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mike Huckabee will be the winner

Check him out www.mikehuckabee.com

Faith - Family - Freedom

VOTE TODAY FOR HUCKABEE

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

i would rather write in my noble burro, bosco..than vote for that jackazz huckabee

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i would rather write in my noble burro, bosco..than vote for that jackazz huckabee

I guess thats why you are from Kzusthan or whatever that poor country is or you were dumb enough to marry someone from that nowhere country

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08