You got the right stuff

45 posts in this topic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowie and Dylan.

How old are you? My god. You frickin hippie ;)

I read mostly old books, why should music be any different.

You read too many books written by ppl claiming to know things they have never experienced. Go to the street and read. Its more educational.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Bowie and Dylan.

You read too many books written by ppl claiming to know things they have never experienced. Go to the street and read. Its more educational.

Thanks - I'll take that for what its worth ;)

You're betting a lot on the assumption that your advice applied to me in the first place.

Bowie and Dylan.

Thanks - I'll take that for what its worth ;)

You're betting a lot on the assumption that your advice applied to me in the first place.

I don't gamble, but then again I depend on my intuition as always. No book will and can never teach that. As you know.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is just a ridiculous money making stunt. There aren't any crazy fans demanding a reunion. Radio stations haven't even played any of their songs in over a decade. I personally think they'll fall on their faces, competing for fans these days. Why would Wahlberg want to jeopardize his acting career? I'm almost embarrassed for these guys. And Take That was even worse!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
They may no longer be new. They may no longer be kids. But NKOTB just might be out to prove they still have the right stuff.

New Kids on the Block, the prototypical boy band of the 1980s and early '90s that preceded the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync on the pop charts and in the pages of Tiger Beat, are reportedly on track to reunite.

The band's official Website, www.nkotb.com, is, after a long period of dormancy, once again up and running and imploring fans to keep hanging tough for a forthcoming announcement. That announcement, per People, is that Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood will be making like the Spice Girls and relaunching their once chart-dominating act.

There's no word yet, however, on whether the group's resurrection will include a tour, a greatest-hits album or the release of any new material. Or, apparently, whether all five members have signed off on a reunion.

While their Website teases that an undoubtedly earth-shattering development is in the works, with a fuzzy television set flickering on and off on different photos of the group in their heyday, at least one member hasn't quite been kept in the loop on the comeback development.

"I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour," Wood wrote on his MySpace blog Monday. "There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from the source directly...You can't believe everything you read."

Wood, who said that he was releasing a solo album in March, didn't completely close the door on the would-be reunion, however, writing on his blog, "Never say never!"

Clearly, he isn't on the mailing list for his former band's Website.

"They rose from the streets of Boston," the site touts. "To become the biggest band in the world. They influenced a generation. They sold over 70 million albums and grossed more than one billion dollars. Five multiplatinum albums, 10 top 10 singles, five number one singles. Then they walked away from it all. Millions of fans around the world await their return. Are you ready?"

The group eventually called it quits in 1994, after logging mega-success with hits like "Hangin' Tough," "Step by Step," "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)" and the ever-lampooned "You Got It (The Right Stuff)."

Despite attempts by MTV to reunite the group in the past decade, the move has consistently been vetoed by one or more members of the quintet.

As it is, the "boy band" has almost certainly aged out of the High School Musical demographic and will likely rely on the support of their former, now grown, fan-base (and their kids) to power the second coming of NKOTB.

Since splitting more than a decade ago, each member of the five-some has achieved some degree of solo success, both inside and outside the world of entertainment.

The youngest and possibly most recognizable member of NKOTB, the perpetually fresh-faced Joey McIntyre, is now 35 years old and best known these days for appearing on Dancing with the Stars and in a brief 2003 stint on Boston Public.

Donnie "brother of Mark" Wahlberg is 38 and has arguably been the most successful in Hollywood since the split, starring in HBO's Emmy-winning Band of Brothers and NBC's now defunct Boomtown and appearing in such films as The Sixth Sense and Saws II and IV.

Onetime front man Jordan Knight, 37, continues to record solo, most notably the minor 1999 hit "Give It to You," which was briefly a staple in the MTV rotation. Brother Jonathan, the oldest New Kid at nearly 40, is a real-estate developer, while Donny Wood, 38, has bided his time as a music producer.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index....59-6a0ee4d6832a

This is just a ridiculous money making stunt. There aren't any crazy fans demanding a reunion. Radio stations haven't even played any of their songs in over a decade. I personally think they'll fall on their faces, competing for fans these days. Why would Wahlberg want to jeopardize his acting career? I'm almost embarrassed for these guys. And Take That was even worse!

it doesn't look like he is part of the comeback, if there is one :no:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

i like old rock too..but folk is my favorite...buffy, dylan, joan baez, joni mitchell...etc

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I remember how I used to love Jordan and thought he'd marry me one day.

Ahh good old youthful delusion. :D

hmmm.. i heard he was gay..or is that a different boy singer

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I completely agree.

They have been seeing the success of the Spice Girls and are thinking "Let's get us some of that sweet action"

I don't think they will have the same appeal though...most of them are probably balding and old.

LOL

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Even Genesis got back together too.

Phil Collins <shudder>

Genesis 2 got back together. Genesis was bonk without Gabriel and Hackett.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bowie and Dylan.

What does age have to do with appreciating good music?

i like old rock too..but folk is my favorite...buffy, dylan, joan baez, joni mitchell...etc

I was okay until you said Joni Mitchell......she makes my teeth ache with some of those screechy notes she hits sometimes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I completely agree.

They have been seeing the success of the Spice Girls and are thinking "Let's get us some of that sweet action"

I don't think they will have the same appeal though...most of them are probably balding and old.

LOL

I was thinking something like that too. I remember when all my friends had New Kids on the Block People Pillows.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

[/b]

While their Website teases that an undoubtedly earth-shattering development is in the works, with a fuzzy television set flickering on and off on different photos of the group in their heyday, at least one member hasn't quite been kept in the loop on the comeback development.

"I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour," Wood wrote on his MySpace blog Monday. "There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from the source directly...You can't believe everything you read."

Wood, who said that he was releasing a solo album in March, didn't completely close the door on the would-be reunion, however, writing on his blog, "Never say never!"

Clearly, he isn't on the mailing list for his former band's Website.

Despite attempts by MTV to reunite the group in the past decade, the move has consistently been vetoed by one or more members of the quintet.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index....59-6a0ee4d6832a

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif