Timeline

we did have it on for the first show, not something i want to watch again

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'll repeat my impressions as I did on the previous thread following the first installment...

I enjoyed the show and the concept. My problem lies (pun intended) with polygraphs. I have taken some in the past by professional licensed polygraphers and have lied successfully. But worse, on a different occasion, told the 100% truth and told I had lied. I didn't!

The flaw of the show (for contestants) is the very subjective nature of some of the questions. E.g., "Have you ever touched a female client more than needed?" By this careful wording, anyone with a guilty conscience could easily screw up. Thus, making the game very difficult to win. If the question were re-worded to say, "Have you ever touched a female client inappropriately?" I think Mr former football player would have kept on going.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't watch so I can't have an opinion. I doubt I'll ever watch so I doubt I'll ever have an opinion on it. :P

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
We watched part of the first episode...we won't watch anymore :no:

We were curious about it too....or rather I was and hubster laughed at me ....but then proceeded to watch it on another TV in our computer room where he was working... LOL

Anyway, I thought the questions themselves were wild. The long pauses by the contestants and the voice saying true or false, I found totally annoying. And in the end, I don't believe polygraphs are accurate enough, so I'd certainly never go on this kind of show. Hubster siad the UK version of this was heavily criticized for breaking up marriages and such-like.... :wacko:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

There was a uk version of this?

Can you really blame a game show for breaking up a marriage though? I mean, if it's sort of fragile, will it break eventually anyway? I would have thought any couple who went on a show like this would at least agree to not allow anything that happened during the show to affect their relationship...but then again...

Still, if this is the kind of thing people want to watch...but of course I can't have an opinion because I didn't watch it.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There was a uk version of this?

Can you really blame a game show for breaking up a marriage though? I mean, if it's sort of fragile, will it break eventually anyway? I would have thought any couple who went on a show like this would at least agree to not allow anything that happened during the show to affect their relationship...but then again...

Still, if this is the kind of thing people want to watch...but of course I can't have an opinion because I didn't watch it.

don't you know that the US gets a lot of their ideas for shows from the UK??

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I loved it. Nothing like people willing to ruin their entire life for some money. And like with the first contestant, they nearly ruined his life and didnt have to pay him a penny! Hahahah. Hey, if you're willing to go on national television and bare your soul, then I'll watch and pray for disaster. :pop:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

don't you know that the US gets a lot of their ideas for shows from the UK?

Some yeah, but I thought I would have heard about it from someone. I guess no one I know would have watched it, or something. ;)

Timeline
I loved it. Nothing like people willing to ruin their entire life for some money. And like with the first contestant, they nearly ruined his life and didnt have to pay him a penny! Hahahah. Hey, if you're willing to go on national television and bare your soul, then I'll watch and pray for disaster. :pop:

lol

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline

thank you Wikipedia....

Nothing But the Truth/The Moment of Truth is a game show created in Colombia. The hosts asks the contestants a series of 21 increasingly personal and embarrassing questions for a huge jackpot. Prior to the show, a contestant is hooked up to a polygraph and asked between 50 and 70 questions. Without knowing the results of the polygraph, he or she is asked 21 of those same questions again on the program, each becoming more personal in nature. If the contestant answers honestly as confirmed by the polygraph, he or she moves on to the next question. A person may stop at any time before any question is asked and collect the money they have won. Honestly answering all 21 questions wins the jackpot. One lie and the participant loses everything and their game is over. The Moment of Truth is being produced in 24 countries, including the United States, Spain, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy and the United Kingdom.

The original Colombian version had been a hit with audiences, but according to an article of the U.S. version, its network, Canal Caracol, had been ordered to pull it off the air when a female contestant was asked "¿Usted ha empleado siempre a alguien para matar a su marido?", meaning, "Have you ever hired someone to kill your husband?" and she answered "yes" to the question. The contestant, Rosa Maria Solano, later walked away with COL$50,000,000 (about US$25,000). On that version, the prize (presumably) was COL$210,000,000.

The UK version premiered on the 10 November 2007 aired on a Sky digital channel Sky One entitled Nothing But the Truth. It is hosted by talk show host legend Jerry Springer. The jackpot for this version is £50,000. The first series commisioned 6 episodes and originally aired on Saturday nights and the second series premiered on 23 January 2008 and now airing on Wednesday nights.

Edited by Sister Fracas

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED