Peikko

Administrative power goes to their heads

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe it WAS better back in the day when mods used pseudonyms to do their business, keeping them anonymous.

for example?

I dunno...they were anonymous...

so if they were anonymous how do you know they had pseudonyms? :unsure:

Well, whenever a thread was closed, it was always done by these usernames that didn't participate in threads....except to say something like "knock it off or it will be closed". These were regular users....there wasn't just a moderating team that hung out for the hell of it. There was an uproar about it ages ago when some people thought the mods were taking advantage of their "power" by getting involved in "popcorn" threads and then shutting them down.

musta been way before i got here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I only wanted to say I got a decent score...I'm usually ####### at games.:P

I would keep it as a PM if I was questioning a thread that locked that might be perceived as controversial. Nothing personal against whoever it was that locked it either.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
mostly-it would appear that some members have become "report happy", because some of the threads reported and commented on by mods have been just silly, and in no way a TOS violation....

Yeah, that's my feeling too....sheesh, VJ, lay off the reporting!!! Rarely does a thread go so overboard.

That wasn't all they were accused of either.... :thumbs:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Well, whenever a thread was closed, it was always done by these usernames that didn't participate in threads....except to say something like "knock it off or it will be closed". These were regular users....there wasn't just a moderating team that hung out for the hell of it. There was an uproar about it ages ago when some people thought the mods were taking advantage of their "power" by getting involved in "popcorn" threads and then shutting them down.

This would have been ideal for this board but at this point, it's sort of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
'Chill'? Why do you percieve this as anger? Mild frustration that moderation is perceived to be necessary and the rather arbitrary rules that seem to be applied yes but I'm not riled up.

So a game thread gets locked for the simple reason that it's old. Is that a mod policy, you can't resurrect an old thread even if it's theme has no time limit?

I did PM the moderator about that and they reopened it after I stated my case...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I would like to see the mods have more power. Preferably with firearms. Failing that, pointy sticks.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We are always learning and make mistakes. One thing I can promise is that if we do make a mistake and you point it out then we will fix it. The long game threads are often closed once a new one is opened. As threads get super big they can cause server slow downs :P.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Should i vote :whistle:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.