20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:dance:I love this week! :dance:

Since the EAD card production ordered, (jan 18th) I started posting my resume. I had a few calls, and an interview yesterday! :D I didn't care too much for the position (not very good benefits), but I'm happy, it was my first job interview in the US :thumbs:

I got the EAD card in the mail yesterday! YAY!! I felt so happy!! we didn't have mail monday AND tuesday! (don't know why the tuesday thing), so based on Murphy's law, I was sure next mail delivery would bring the card, and so it did!!

I've also been studying for the driver's test, I went in today and took the written part, and passed :dancing: now tomorrow, I have the road test, wish me luck!

and, (sound drums...)

ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls (and burros)......

I just got an email....

(more drums....)

GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!! NO MORE PAPERWORK FOR 2 YEARS!!!!!!!

party-smiley-551.gif

Thanks everyone for the support!!! I wish everyone all the best with their visajourneys, It feels so good to share all our good news with my VJ friends!!! :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

GREAT!!

The driving test is really simple here just make sure to go slow in school zones and to break on orange lights but you'll be fine. The week will just become better! However if your DMV is like the one in Las Vegas... you will have to provide the GC approval LETTER in order to get your licence. They do not accept pending letters or non permanent residence visas such as an expired K1 due to AOS as a matter of fact I have passed both tests but will not be issued with a drivers licence until my approval notice is in hand. If I were you i'd check before BUT i'd still do the test.

K-1 Visa Service Center : California Service Center ; Consulate : Belgium

2007-04-18 = I-129F Sent

2007-05-14 = I-129F NOA1

2007-08-10 = I-129F NOA2

2007-09-17 = Consulate Received

2007-09-18 = Packet 3 Received

2007-09-19 = Packet 3 Sent

2007-09-19 = Packet 4 Received

2007-09-24 = Interview Date

2007-09-24 = Visa Received

2007-09-28 = US Entry

2007-11-10 = Marriage

Processing Estimates/Stats : I-129f was approved in 114 days from your filing date. Interview took 159 days from your I-129F filing date.

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Las Vegas NV

2007-11-23 = Date Filed at Chicago lockbox (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-07 = RFE(s) IRS tax forms

2007-12-21 = Biometrics Appt.

2007-12-23 = Met with an immigration lawyer who told us how to prove income without IRS tax forms

2008-01-10 = NOA reciept of RFE at Lee's Summit, case processing resumed

2008-03-24 = Interview Date (cancelled but we will still be going)

Pending : Approval / Denial Date, Got I551 Stamp, Greencard Received

Employment Authorization Document CIS Office : Chicago National Office; Filing Method : Mail; Filing Instance : First

2007-11-23 = Date Filed (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-21 = Bio. Appt.

2007-12-21 = Touche

2008-02-12 = Card production ordered

2008-02-13 = Touche

2008-02-15 = Approval email

2008-02-19 = Card Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: Congratulations, Caro! :dance: :dance: :dance:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
GREAT!!

The driving test is really simple here just make sure to go slow in school zones and to break on orange lights but you'll be fine. The week will just become better! However if your DMV is like the one in Las Vegas... you will have to provide the GC approval LETTER in order to get your licence. They do not accept pending letters or non permanent residence visas such as an expired K1 due to AOS as a matter of fact I have passed both tests but will not be issued with a drivers licence until my approval notice is in hand. If I were you i'd check before BUT i'd still do the test.

Thank you! DPS ID requierments are craaaaazy, don't you think? I had to wait until I received my EAD to be able to apply, but now with the card they can issue my license...as long as I pass the road test :D That's the first thing they check, before you can even take the written test.

Looking forward to many more good things to come! :dance:

Good luck to you and hope you get all your approvals soon! :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Caro, that is absolutely GREAT! I am so happy for your good news, and wish you all the luck with your drive test and job hunting!

SOOOOO... things are really moving for last week of Dec. transferees at CSC :) I do hope this is not only one very hard working guy at CSC who got all Dec. 20-Dec. 30 cases assigned to him hahahaaa :))), and that all his colleagues are working as hard...

K-1 petition

February 6th 2007 - K1 petition sent to TSC

February 16th 2007 - cheque cashed

February 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received by mail!

May 16th - received NOA2 hardcopy

May 25th - first set of documents received home in Bucharest (list of documents to present at the interview) - based on fiance's request to open a provisional file

May 30th - packet arrived at the Embassy, Embassy notifies us about it.

June 21st - interview APPROVED!

June 22nd - VISA

August 17th - arriving in USA, through JFK

Sept 8th - wedding :)

AOS

Nov. 14th 2007 - delivered in Chicago

Dec. 18th 2007 - NOA for AOS, EAD, AP

Jan. 08th 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 09th 2008 - Transferred to CSC

Jan 09th 2008 - AP approved, EAD card production ordered

Jan 16th 2008 - AP in mail

Jan 19th 2008 - EAD in mail!!!

Jan 24th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 05th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 06th 2008 - AOS touch - RFE sent out

March 7th 2008 - Sent response to RFE (new medical)

March 28th 2008 - CRIS e-mail: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

April 4th 2008 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED

ROC

Feb. 5th - package delivered at USCIS Vermont

Feb 11th - check cashed

Feb 13th - NOA 1 received for myself (NOA date: 02/05)

Feb 26th - Biometrics

Feb 28th - touch

March 1st - touch

April 26th - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: Congratulations, Caro! :dance: :dance: :dance:

(F)(L)(F)(L)(F)(L) Nagi!! Thank you Sis!! (F)(L)(F)(L)(F)(L)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS CARO what a great week for you I am so happy. GOod luck on the job hunt.

Bonnie

Caro, that is absolutely GREAT! I am so happy for your good news, and wish you all the luck with your drive test and job hunting!

SOOOOO... things are really moving for last week of Dec. transferees at CSC :) I do hope this is not only one very hard working guy at CSC who got all Dec. 20-Dec. 30 cases assigned to him hahahaaa :))), and that all his colleagues are working as hard...

YAY the November filers crowd is here!!! :dance::star:

Thank you Bonnie and Sapphire!!! I hope you too get your card very soon! :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***

Congrats!

1/11/2008: Sent out AOS package and I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

1/13/2008: Package Received

1/17/2008: Checks Cashed

1/23/2008: Receive NOAs (I-130,I-485, AP and EAD) dated 1/16/2008

2/11/2008: Receive ASC Appointment Notice (I-485 and I-765) dated 2/1/2008

2/29/2008: Biometric Appointment

3/4/2008: AP touched - request for additional info

3/7/2008: EAD touched - Approved

3/12/2008: Receive EAD

3/15/2008: Receive I-512L x 2 - dated 3/4/2008

7/10/2008: Interview Letter Received

8/20/2008: AOS Interview and GC is approved!

8/27/2008: Receive welcome letter dated 8/21

8/30/2008: Receive my GC!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations Caro!!! :dance:

What a great week you are having :D - good luck on your driving test tomorrow! Was the written part hard? I am going to start studying for mine this week :D

Timeline

What a great week you are having :D - good luck on your driving test tomorrow! Was the written part hard? I am going to start studying for mine this week :D

Thank you catrocks! to prepare for the written test, I signed up for sample tests service with TestQuestionsAndAnswers.com. It was very reasoably priced and I felt well prepared :thumbs: Remember to study the whole drivers handbook and not just the signs and signals part :yes: things like knowing the penalties for DWI for both adults and minors, speed limits and parking rules are important.

Good Luck!!! :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations Caro!!! We're so happy to hear your news!!! (tell them we want to be next haha)

Best wishes...and good luck on the driving test (I'm sure you'll do great)!!

Tanya & Ozzy

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thank you catrocks! to prepare for the written test, I signed up for sample tests service with TestQuestionsAndAnswers.com. It was very reasoably priced and I felt well prepared :thumbs: Remember to study the whole drivers handbook and not just the signs and signals part :yes: things like knowing the penalties for DWI for both adults and minors, speed limits and parking rules are important.

Good Luck!!! :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

Thanks for the link, Caro :) and good luck for tomorrow!

Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.