ctygl

Anyone tried calling NVC yesterday or today?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think there is something wrong with their phone system. When I call its says that all their lines are busy to hold and they will transfer you into the automated system. Then they transfer you. It says 1 or English 2 for spanish and if you put 1 you get a message in spanish saying that all the lines are busy that they will transfer you back to the automated system. If you press 2 you get the same thing. Then you get the same message when you 1st called, then the phone hangs up.

I tried all day yesterday and all morning today and samething.

Hubby Step-Mom Apply for minor child
2/25/2013 - Priority Date

NVC
03/19/2014 - Case complete at NVC

01/02/2015 - Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 02/12/2015)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
I think there is something wrong with their phone system. When I call its says that all their lines are busy to hold and they will transfer you into the automated system. Then they transfer you. It says 1 or English 2 for spanish and if you put 1 you get a message in spanish saying that all the lines are busy that they will transfer you back to the automated system. If you press 2 you get the same thing. Then you get the same message when you 1st called, then the phone hangs up.

I tried all day yesterday and all morning today and samething.

I CALL AND GET THE SAME THING

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i called 2 days ago like around 10am their time. i had to try like 3 times because i kept getting the recording that says all lines busy...try again later. i finally got through around 11am and the wait was about 10 minutes for someone to pick up after. If you get a silence dont hang up. there is no annoying music while your on hold.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Last night I finally got thru to talk to a person at about 7pm (pacific time)and she was sooooooo rude!! :devil: She told me I should not even be calling NVC until 90 days past my approval date! Then she said don't call back for another 30 days! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Tonite I have been trying to call and have gotton the same thing as the above posters! :angry: What the heck is going on at NVC!!!!

DSCN0183-1.jpg

NVC has always been busy on the phone so it is difficult to get through :( Majority of their staff are very pleasant and helpful, although Josh did get a rude man on one occasion who told him pretty much what the lady told ose_n_me.

What you should bare in mind, is that the petitions are sitting in the service centres mail room until the crate is full, then they are being shipped in bulk to the NVC. How long they sit in the mailroom of the service centre is anyone's guess... the normal waiting time is 3-4 weeks from approval to being received at the NVC.

Once your petitions are in the NVCs system the process moves so much more smoothly, you just have to try to have patients for that last USCIS hurdle... and it's a big one.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally got through to a person although I just want the automated systems. She wasn't rude, but not overly friendly. They hadn't received it yet. Yesterday was 2 weeks. She said average 2 to 4 weeks and could take up to 90.

Hubby Step-Mom Apply for minor child
2/25/2013 - Priority Date

NVC
03/19/2014 - Case complete at NVC

01/02/2015 - Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 02/12/2015)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.