rusty_ash

police certificate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the state department visa site said that i will get a police certificate from all the places i live since 16 years old. do i really need to do this or one is enough where i currently live? pls help.

05/28/05 - met online

11/25/05 - met in person

01/05/06 - NSC receipt date

01/12/06 - NOA1

03/07/06 - NOA2

03/21/06 - case # MNL200658****

03/29/06 - USE MNL receipt date

06/08/06 - Packet 4

07/12/06 & 07/13/06 - Passed medical

7/14/06 - Attended CFO

08/09/06 - Interview - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am not that far in the process, but from what I have read on VJ it would cause a big delay at the interview stage of the process. In my opinion, you better get all police reports from everywhere you lived since 16.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Must have from all places you lived if you are coming into the USA. If you do not submit all they will deny or put the visa on hold until you comply. My husband is in Pakistan and only been in other parts of this country never outside. He had to have a certificate for the place he went to school as well as his current city. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

for K1 yes you need to have the police cert. from all the places where you hv reside from age 16

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Each country has a different way they do these so check with your local police department about what their certificate covers or ask the consulate. Maybe someone from the consulate you are going through can tell you how/what they did. (My fiancee from Colombia just needed to get one certificate as the whole country is covered by DAS and the local office provided her the certificate that is accepted by the US consulate in Bogota.) Have you already received your packet 3 or still waiting? (Fill out your timeline it helps people help you.) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

..thank you all for helping us. we are still waiting for NO2. hope to receive an approved K1.

05/28/05 - met online

11/25/05 - met in person

01/05/06 - NSC receipt date

01/12/06 - NOA1

03/07/06 - NOA2

03/21/06 - case # MNL200658****

03/29/06 - USE MNL receipt date

06/08/06 - Packet 4

07/12/06 & 07/13/06 - Passed medical

7/14/06 - Attended CFO

08/09/06 - Interview - Approved!!!

I thought it was every country you have lived in 6+ months that requires a police certificate.

Stacy

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Stace, it is from age of 16 on.

For the OP, please get started now on getting the police certificates because some places take 2 months or so. If you cant get the police certs by the time of your interview I would suggest that you reschedule or face the dreadded 221(g) then you wait and wait and wait some more. I am speaking from experience.

Good luck.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

POLICE CERTIFICATES. A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to secure police certificates from countries where these are available may be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila’s Immigrant Visa Branch, or an Embassy/Consulate of the country from which the Police certificate is required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.