jessel chris

Dental Problem

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone give me idea on how much does it cost for a tooth removal in U.S. especially here in St. Petersburg FL? I just got here last Dec. 14 and my tooth is bothering me right now... :crying:

118283530184.gifJessel Chris11837926282d.gif

11-20-2004 ♥ when we are falling in love

03-03-2007 ♥ he visit me in Cebu

03-05-2007 ♥ he visit my family

03-06-2007 ♥ we're officially engaged

--------------♥ so many things happened / unforgettable date

03-11-2007 ♥ temporary departure

03-14-2007 ♥ finally, he went home to Florida...very sad day...

04-06-2007 ♥ I29F sent to CSC

04-12-2007 ♥ CSC received I29f

04-13-2007 ♥ NOA1 received through mail

08-07-2007 ♥ status online RFE

08-11-2007 ♥ got RFE letter

08-13-2007 ♥ calling CSC about RFE

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

08-18-2007 ♥NOA2 hard copy

10-29-2007 ♥MEDICAL @ SLEC

11-07-2007 ♥INTERVIEW DAY!!!APPROVED!!!

12-14-2007 ♥Soon to be with my GG!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Can anyone give me idea on how much does it cost for a tooth removal in U.S. especially here in St. Petersburg FL? I just got here last Dec. 14 and my tooth is bothering me right now... :crying:

With or without insurance?

The only way you're going to find out is by going to see a dentist. And there are a lot of hidden charges from dentists - do NOT go to a dental chain like Coast Dental or Florida Dental Centers. Some people get lucky but these only exist to make money, so you could get screwed.

There is a dental school, I think on the south side of St Pete, that my aunt and uncle have gone to for the last 20 years. Costs are reduced because it's a dental school, but the care is still pretty good.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The only way you're going to find out is by going to see a dentist. And there are a lot of hidden charges from dentists - do NOT go to a dental chain like Coast Dental or Florida Dental Centers. Some people get lucky but these only exist to make money, so you could get screwed.

There is a dental school, I think on the south side of St Pete, that my aunt and uncle have gone to for the last 20 years. Costs are reduced because it's a dental school, but the care is still pretty good.

The only upside to having a tooth removed (in my opinion) is that it costs less than a root canal. Dental work is soooo expensive in the U.S. My husband and I spent on a fortune on that for both of us last year...

If you don't have insurance, you should look for a dentist that gives "deals" to uninsured people. Remember that you will most likely have to make an appt (and pay) for the dentist to exam you and your tooth. You won't find a dentist (as far as I know) that will do work on you without having seen you before - or at least having a referral - which doesn't seem to be your case.

Good luck.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

The only upside to having a tooth removed (in my opinion) is that it costs less than a root canal. Dental work is soooo expensive in the U.S. My husband and I spent on a fortune on that for both of us last year...

If you don't have insurance, you should look for a dentist that gives "deals" to uninsured people. Remember that you will most likely have to make an appt (and pay) for the dentist to exam you and your tooth. You won't find a dentist (as far as I know) that will do work on you without having seen you before - or at least having a referral - which doesn't seem to be your case.

Good luck.

Yes, that's the only upside. I'd personally rather have the root canal - at least I wouldn't be missing a tooth! And most dentists want to follow a removal by an implant, and those cost an arm and a leg.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Timeline

I don't have insurance yet..Me and my fiance will get married next month and he will add me to his insurance.. OMG! even to examine your tooth i need to pay for it?it means another payment for examination and for tooth extraction?

If root canal is more expensive and money is so tight right now I rather opt for tooth extraction :(

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your tooth problem-in my opinion-it is indeed the worst pain you can have. (I'd rather have a kidney stone).

Until you get your insurance sorted, go to your local health food store and purchase some clove oil. It works beautifully for pain relief, and is a good quick fix for the time being.

All The Best,

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you can hold out till the wedding, hold out. My husband was added to my insurance, retroactive to the date of our wedding.

If you cannot wait, call around to find a dentist who will let you make payments. I chose the dentist I have had for the last 10 years because he treated an uninsured neighbor of mine, offering a discount and allowing payments. I found that incredibly refreshing and kind. I do agree with the person who said he probably won't treat you at all without a new patient consultation first.

Ambosol (sp?) sometimes help numb enough to get through the days. Just be very careful there is no discoloration of your gums, bleeding, boils.....that kind of thing. You dont' want to allow any permanent damage to occur.

BTW....I agree on the pulling thing. I've had 2 root canals that caused me incredible pain, only to have the stupid teeth pulled in the end cause they couldn't save the teeth for very long. Of note, though, my dentist does not pull teeth. We have to go to an oral surgeon for that. He's more expensive, of course.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby just had a root canal (only no crown) 2 weeks ago here in CT - total bill $1200.00 - THANKFully we had insurance - so we only paid $275.00 - my mother just had a root canal in Canada - total cost (she has no insurance ) $275.00 - go figure :blink:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I am a Dental assistant in DC, here everything is overpriced and most dentist don't even accept insurance. If I would be you go the Dental school, like Athena NY mentioned with them you may be able to get a finance plan. Also when you call ask them how much consultation is. Sometimes if they will treat you the same day they wont charge you for the examination. Do not get the tooth extracted due to the tooth bellow called (antagonist) will move toward the empty space and you will get possibly an abscessed tooth there. you can also ask if they can treat it temporarily until you will have insurance. I would do Root Canal treatment.

AOS TIMELINE

01/17/2006: Sent AOS Package, 01/25/2006: NOA1 for AOS, 01/31/2006: Fingerprinting and biometrics appointment letter, 02/22/2006: Received RFE letter from MSC Affidavit of support and medical examination, 02/28/2006: Biometric appointment, Alexandria, VA, 03/08/2006: Appointment with doc for med examination ,03/21/2006: Sent RFE unfortunately,My Husband forgot to include the med exams, but included the cover letter, 04/24/2006: AP approved yeah, 04/24/2006: EAD touched, 04/27/2006: AP received, 05/01/2006: EAD received, 06/01/2006: RFE Interview date for 07/26/06, 06/06/2006: sent letter for rescheduling, 07/07/2006: Infopass for receiving new date, nothing, 10/23/2006: touched, 01/15/2007: called hotline on status no info, 02/29/2007: called again, 07/27/2007: forwarded service request to local office due call on 03/21/2007

02/05/07 NOA

02/08/07 RFE for Biometrics

02/23/07 Biometrics Taken

02/27/07 touched

03/31/07 touched

04/18/07 approved

06/18/07 e-filed I131

06/20/07 NOA

06/25/07 touched

07/11/07 approved[/color]

11/20/07 FINALLY INTERVIEW

11/21/07 email welcome to America

11/24/07 welcome letter

12/03/07 10 year Greencard received

Timeline
I don't have insurance yet..Me and my fiance will get married next month and he will add me to his insurance.. OMG! even to examine your tooth i need to pay for it?it means another payment for examination and for tooth extraction?

If root canal is more expensive and money is so tight right now I rather opt for tooth extraction :(

Yes. Just like if you get checked out by a doctor you have to pay for it, you have to pay for a dental exam as well. I think my dentist charges about 80 dollars for an exam w/out insurance.

I've had root canals and had no problems - one I had to have three root canals on it, but it doesn't bother me now. If they do a root canal you will probably eventually need a crown, because without a crown you tooth is compromised and can crack (yeah, ask me how I know that one - thankfully I had a good dentist who let me come in on Friday when the office was closed to remove part of the cracked tooth so it wouldn't be so painful (was scraping my tongue, etc)). Usually you can go about a year without having to get the crown, my tooth broke right around the 1 year mark.

Some dentists won't pull teeth though, which means you'd have to go to an oral surgeon by referral which tends to be more expensive. (Could go to another dentist, but then you pay for another new patient consult.)

http://stpetersburgdental.com/index.html - this place offers payment plans (as low as 84 dollars a month)

I can't find any info for the school online and I reallyyyy don't want to call my aunt to find it so I'm sorry about that.

Honestly I'd wait until you have insurance, though. Most dental insurance isn't that great, but it's a lot better than paying it in full. And don't just get a tooth pulled because it's more cost effective - like the place above, some places will do payment plans and having a tooth pulled if it's just a cavity or you need a root canal (and a lot of root canals don't end in extraction - I've had 2, the first one I had to have redone but bothers me NONE now, and the second I never had one issue with). My dad has had something like 7 root canals and none of them wound up being pulled. Depending on the placement of the tooth, a missing tooth can cause a lot of problems with eating, et cetera which is why a lot of people wind up getting an implant once a tooth is pulled. I guess I'm just saying, don't go to a dentist with a diagnosis and treatment already in mind, because then it's harder for the dentist to do their job, and it may wind up causing you more problems in the long run and therefore, more money.

Edited by athena_ny

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Timeline

Thank you so much guys for your reply and info...

Last night I looked around in phone directory (yellow book) and I listed few of my options which dentist to call and we are hoping to find a lesser price for dental procedures...

Root canal will do but I guess I need to have a crown since my tooth got a hole already which give me a problem to eat and everytime there is a small piece of food get in to that tooth I really go crazy and crying for so much pain.

One thing I forgot to share...Last 2002 I found out that I have MVP (mitral valve prolapse) and before I will go to the dentist I will go first to my Cardiologist. That is one of my problem too..but I brought with me my ECHOCARDIOGRAPIC REPORT or RESULT way back 2002.

I really regret why I didn't have my tooth done before I left in my country but it wasn't painful though...Pain started couple days ago.. Now that I'm here it is more problem and more expense...

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

Timeline
I am a Dental assistant in DC, here everything is overpriced and most dentist don't even accept insurance. If I would be you go the Dental school, like Athena NY mentioned with them you may be able to get a finance plan. Also when you call ask them how much consultation is. Sometimes if they will treat you the same day they wont charge you for the examination. Do not get the tooth extracted due to the tooth bellow called (antagonist) will move toward the empty space and you will get possibly an abscessed tooth there. you can also ask if they can treat it temporarily until you will have insurance. I would do Root Canal treatment.

Have you ever had a patient with MVP(mitral valve prolapse)?? How does it work?? Do I need to have my check up first to a cardiologist before having dental procedures?

Yes. Just like if you get checked out by a doctor you have to pay for it, you have to pay for a dental exam as well. I think my dentist charges about 80 dollars for an exam w/out insurance.

I've had root canals and had no problems - one I had to have three root canals on it, but it doesn't bother me now. If they do a root canal you will probably eventually need a crown, because without a crown you tooth is compromised and can crack (yeah, ask me how I know that one - thankfully I had a good dentist who let me come in on Friday when the office was closed to remove part of the cracked tooth so it wouldn't be so painful (was scraping my tongue, etc)). Usually you can go about a year without having to get the crown, my tooth broke right around the 1 year mark.

Some dentists won't pull teeth though, which means you'd have to go to an oral surgeon by referral which tends to be more expensive. (Could go to another dentist, but then you pay for another new patient consult.)

http://stpetersburgdental.com/index.html - this place offers payment plans (as low as 84 dollars a month)

I can't find any info for the school online and I reallyyyy don't want to call my aunt to find it so I'm sorry about that.

Honestly I'd wait until you have insurance, though. Most dental insurance isn't that great, but it's a lot better than paying it in full. And don't just get a tooth pulled because it's more cost effective - like the place above, some places will do payment plans and having a tooth pulled if it's just a cavity or you need a root canal (and a lot of root canals don't end in extraction - I've had 2, the first one I had to have redone but bothers me NONE now, and the second I never had one issue with). My dad has had something like 7 root canals and none of them wound up being pulled. Depending on the placement of the tooth, a missing tooth can cause a lot of problems with eating, et cetera which is why a lot of people wind up getting an implant once a tooth is pulled. I guess I'm just saying, don't go to a dentist with a diagnosis and treatment already in mind, because then it's harder for the dentist to do their job, and it may wind up causing you more problems in the long run and therefore, more money.

The link that you sent is one of my choices to call for... Glad to have there sites for more info..Thank you so much

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

Timeline

even if I can't hold because of too much pain I can't do nothing about it right now...I will just wait until I'm married..:(

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.carecredit.com/

I know there are credit cards out there that give you payment plans for dental work..

and i don't know anything about discount plans, but i've heard they are out there..

http://phsdiscountcard.com/info_den.aspx

http://www.edentalsolutions.com/info_dental.asp

Infection (if you have any) is something not to mess with.. please be careful...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.