chimi

requesting advice..... how's my I-129 proof??

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ayyyyy... I'm so exasperated, I'm soooooo close to sending in my I-129F packet, I was just waiting on a letter from an ex-coworker in Mexico as a piece of relationship/having met in the past two years proof... and I found out that she sent the letter in the regular mail! Mail takes like a month to get here from Mexico! So I'm guessing it will take nearly 3 weeks to arrive, and I don't even necessarily trust that it will arrive here.

I'm wondering if I should just send it out now with what I have instead of waiting almost another month. Maybe somebody can tell me how our proof of having met in the last 2 years is looking:

• 2 plane boarding passes (one entering Mexico, the other leaving Mexico)
  • a couple of receipts
  • 4-5 photos of us together
  • an affidavit from my mother, affirming that she visited me in September 2005 when I was in Mexico and that she met my fiance during the trip

That's all I have. Although I do answer question #18 with a full one-page summary of how we met and our relationship and why we don't have that much "documentable proof" (because we always lived in the same town and at one point were staying with his relatives).

I don't even know how much more bearing the letter from my ex-coworker would have but I feel like I can't wait any longer to send it in!!! I'm going in for a c-sectionon Tuesday to give birth to our son and I wanted to get this part of the process done, but maybe it would be best to wait for the letter from Mexico?????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Did you use your credit card there to take out money if so you can use those statements from your bank or something. Also copies of your passport with your visa stamp on it. Good luck

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

I think if you have solid proof of having meet in person during the pass

two years .Mail in the I-129 appl .

You boarding passes need to cover the pass two years of relationship

I think more photos will help. Maybe dated photos that go back two years

Secondly, letters, e-mail’s

good luck ,Michael

Interview date for jun26-2006 _ 03/13/2006 packet-4

fiance got her VISA on 06/26/2006 1:00pm

fiance wating for carta blanca/Permiso de salida from cuban Gov 07/2006

fiance receive carta blanca or exit permit from Cuban Gov 07/31/06

I am in the process to finalize everything and book the airline ticket one way to Miami baby

Fiance arriving on 08-22-06 From HAV,CUBA ....

Fiance arrive at Mia on 08/22/06 1230pm eastern

Mailed off AOS, EAD on 09/27/2006

package delivered at 5:21 am on September 29, 2006 in chicago,IL lock box

10/25/06 apply for SSN /she should be getting one in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status from uscis Work auth is in the mail

Received NOA1 notices for AOS, EAD on 10/10/2006

Biometrics appointment on 10/21/2006 in hialeah Gardens,Fl

10/25/06 apply for SSN / should be getting SSN in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status fromn uscis Work auth is in the mail

11/03/06 receive SSN number/car

11/06/2006 receive EAD CARD

11/06/2006 I-485 transfer to CSC Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident .I485 approved

green card in the mail on 11/29/06

Receive Green card/welcome letter 12/04/06 .I am done for the moment ,Thank Go

Mail I751 removing conditions on Resident card 08/25/2008

05/07/2009 permanet resident card in the mail I-551 GREEN CARD

07/03/2009 new greencard arrive good for ten years

Timeline

I don't have ANYTHING else, unfortunately... my passport was never even stamped, just swiped. Its because of this lack of evidence that I sought the letter from my ex-coworker and got my mom to do the affidavit.

No letters but lots of emails, unfortunately emails do not constitute proof of having met in person. And they are all in Spanish, which of course I can translate but is it even worth it if its not really proof of having met IN PERSON in the past 2 years? Maybe it is just to fatten things up a bit.....

I have visited cancun mex many times and Imigration always stamp my passport.unless i paid them not do so ajaja you know

You need to have something solid that covers the two years .

phones bills , cell phone, crefit cards statements from two eyars ago

in mexico . any bank withdraw or ATM in mexico anything can help you

buena suerte, toma un poc de tequila y relajate ,Michael

Edited by MichaelII

I am in the process to finalize everything and book the airline ticket one way to Miami baby

11/06/2006 I-485 transfer to CSC Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident .I485 approved

Timeline

I have visited cancun mex many times and Imigration always stamp my passport.unless i paid them not do so ajaja you know

I don't know why they haven't stamped my passport the past couple visits to Mexico... I always fly into Mexico City and I have one of the brand new passports...

You need to have something solid that covers the two years

We only met one year ago.... I know there is no requirement that we have a relationship for two years to get the visa....

buena suerte, toma un poc de tequila y relajate ,Michael

Gracias Michael por el animo, pues con mi condicion del embarazo no voy a tomar tequila, pero por lo menos intento RESPIRAR.............

Hey Chimi -

Congrats on your incoming!!! I think you're ok and should send off your paperwork. The boarding pass should be enough. It's got your name on it and dates. I would just send it in. You'll soon have a newborn at home and the baby will be occupying most of your time.

Quick question for you (or anyone): My finance lives in Cancun. Is there an embassy there where he can have his interview or will he have to travel to DF or Juarez? My god I hope not Juarez. Does anybody know the answer to this or where I can find out?

Thanks,

MonicaMexico

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

ok I see ...If you are of Mexican decent or mexican .I think you will

Do just fine

for a K1

Timeline

Hi Monica,

Unfortunately for the interview your fiance will have to go to Juarez--- from what I understand that's where they do ALL the family visa interviews. That really stinks because its REALLY far from Cancun!! For us it stinks too because my fiance lives only an hour away from DF.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Ayyyyy... I'm so exasperated, I'm soooooo close to sending in my I-129F packet, I was just waiting on a letter from an ex-coworker in Mexico as a piece of relationship/having met in the past two years proof... and I found out that she sent the letter in the regular mail! Mail takes like a month to get here from Mexico! So I'm guessing it will take nearly 3 weeks to arrive, and I don't even necessarily trust that it will arrive here.

I'm wondering if I should just send it out now with what I have instead of waiting almost another month. Maybe somebody can tell me how our proof of having met in the last 2 years is looking:

• a couple of receipts
  • an affidavit from my mother, affirming that she visited me in September 2005 when I was in Mexico and that she met my fiance during the trip

That's all I have. Although I do answer question #18 with a full one-page summary of how we met and our relationship and why we don't have that much "documentable proof" (because we always lived in the same town and at one point were staying with his relatives).

I don't even know how much more bearing the letter from my ex-coworker would have but I feel like I can't wait any longer to send it in!!! I'm going in for a c-sectionon Tuesday to give birth to our son and I wanted to get this part of the process done, but maybe it would be best to wait for the letter from Mexico?????????

Do you have any copies of telephone bills or letters or e-mails? If so, submit them too -- it shows you maintain contact with each other when you're apart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here's what my husband and I sent in for our I-129F packet to prove our relationship:

-ALL plane ticket stubs

-All credit card statements showing proof of purchase of plane tickets

-All telephone bills to prove we corresponded over the phone-for these I had to call my cell and long distance companies and have them sent out bills from the date we started talking to the current dat. They happily do this at no extra charge.

-At least 25 photos to show us together in different places (England and the US) We also wrote on each picture: date, where, names of people in each picture

-All letters and cards we'd sent to each other including envelopes (this proves they were sent). We didn't keep all envelope which was okay. Our lawyer made copies of the letters and cards so we didn't have to send originals.

-Affidavits from: me, husband, my mom, his mom, his dad, and my roommate. Each stated who they were, the times they'd seen us together, and their thoughts on our relationship and upcoming marriage. I wrote about meeting my husband, all the times we'd been together, our mutual goals for the future, etc.

-Any proof of upcoming marriage plans (at this point we didn't have this).

-copies of EACH page of both our passports (if you leave a few pages out or only copy the ones with the stamp, they may wonder why you didn't copy all). This shows more proof of visiting.

I think you should add more photos if possible. I also think each of you should write a letter. Is there anyone else that can write a letter on your behalf?

Good luck!

• a couple of receipts

Do you have any copies of telephone bills or letters or e-mails? If so, submit them too -- it shows you maintain contact with each other when you're apart.

At this point in the process relationship evidence is neither solicited nor required. Concentrate on the Primary evidence and supplement with any secondary evidence you have.

If you don't know the difference between "primary" and "secondary" do a search in this forum. There's several instances whereby this is defined.

P.S. photos are fine secondary evidence but by themselves are not considered very good evidence of having met within the past two years, whether they're dated or not. A couple of photos are fine; more than that probably adds no value to your evidence.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Timeline

First of all I want to thank everybody for their advice and comments.

I don't know if I wasn't clear about my situation... but the thing is I just don't have any other evidence... primary or secondary, what I have posted is what I have. I've been working on this for more than a month and there is really nothing else I can get, as far as primary evidence is concerned. As far as further secondary evidence, I could wait for the affidavit from my ex-coworker to arrive by snail-mail from Mexico. But my question to everybody is... is it worith it to risk just sending in what I have right now or am I most certain to get an RFE? I'm assuming that an RFE would probably slow things down more than just the 2 or 3 weeks that I will have to wait for the mail to arrive here from Mexico City.

If the point one must make with the I-129 is simply having met in person in the past two years I feel that I have a pretty reasonable case... but of course I have no idea what to expect from the person at USCIS that will be evaluating my case.

I may have misread but you may have forgotten to include USC birth certificate...if they dont provide that you have to photocopy all the pages of their passport and send it in with the package. I'm just doing a quick VJ read so if I missed you said you included it excuse me :thumbs: tryin to be helpful. Good luck, I'd also suggest doing dates on the photos or estimate dates....even if its just the year.

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.