chimi

requesting advice..... how's my I-129 proof??

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1) You wait for letter and it will takes 2 or 3 weeks long before you get it and send petition.

2) You don't wait and it takes 2 or 3 weeks IF you get a rfe.

Either way it equals to the same amount of time. So I would send what you have Now, since you already said you dont have any more evidence to get besides the letter. This way if you don't get a rfe and what you sent was fine than you saved yourself 2 or 3 weeks. Send it now and keep the letter on hand when it arrives snail mail just incase you do get an rfe. Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did anyone here got approved without sending in a picture? I visited my girlfriend last month but my camera got stolen so now i don't have a picture to prove that i was with her on my visit. All I have to send in are my boarding pass, copies of my passport stam, bank transaction while i was there, chat record, and emails.

MY TIMELINE

05-18-2006 went home to the Philippines to visit her

06-02-2006 sent out I-129F

06-24-2006 NOA1

09-13-2006 TOUCHED for the first time :)

09-19-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed by CSC

09-20-2006 TOUCHED

09-23-2006 IMBRA RFE received

09-25-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed overnight to CSC

09-29-2006 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

10-01-2006 TOUCHED

10-16-2006 APPROVED via email!!!!!! (136 days later)

10-20-2006 received NOA2 in the mail

11-01-2006 Manila received

03-02-2007 Medical

03-09-2007 Interview

03-16-2007 Visa in hand

03-23-2007 flight to SFO

05-04-2007 civil wedding

09-07-2007 AOS interview

Guest mtrwinder
Ayyyyy... I'm so exasperated, I'm soooooo close to sending in my I-129F packet, I was just waiting on a letter from an ex-coworker in Mexico as a piece of relationship/having met in the past two years proof... and I found out that she sent the letter in the regular mail! Mail takes like a month to get here from Mexico! So I'm guessing it will take nearly 3 weeks to arrive, and I don't even necessarily trust that it will arrive here.

I'm wondering if I should just send it out now with what I have instead of waiting almost another month. Maybe somebody can tell me how our proof of having met in the last 2 years is looking:

• 2 plane boarding passes (one entering Mexico, the other leaving Mexico)
  • a couple of receipts
  • 4-5 photos of us together
  • an affidavit from my mother, affirming that she visited me in September 2005 when I was in Mexico and that she met my fiance during the trip

That's all I have. Although I do answer question #18 with a full one-page summary of how we met and our relationship and why we don't have that much "documentable proof" (because we always lived in the same town and at one point were staying with his relatives).

I don't even know how much more bearing the letter from my ex-coworker would have but I feel like I can't wait any longer to send it in!!! I'm going in for a c-sectionon Tuesday to give birth to our son and I wanted to get this part of the process done, but maybe it would be best to wait for the letter from Mexico?????????

THat sounds about like what I used and didnt have any problems..if you have any phone records or creidt card recipts when you were in mexico that might help too. One the extra proff comes in..save the envelope with the postmark date to prove it came in after you already sent out the petition if asked for in the future. I personally think you'll be ok. We are going through london..I dont know if there are rules for particular countries and how much info must be provided. Good luck and hope you get that thing in the mail soon!

Guest mtrwinder
First of all I want to thank everybody for their advice and comments.

I don't know if I wasn't clear about my situation... but the thing is I just don't have any other evidence... primary or secondary, what I have posted is what I have. I've been working on this for more than a month and there is really nothing else I can get, as far as primary evidence is concerned. As far as further secondary evidence, I could wait for the affidavit from my ex-coworker to arrive by snail-mail from Mexico. But my question to everybody is... is it worith it to risk just sending in what I have right now or am I most certain to get an RFE? I'm assuming that an RFE would probably slow things down more than just the 2 or 3 weeks that I will have to wait for the mail to arrive here from Mexico City.

If the point one must make with the I-129 is simply having met in person in the past two years I feel that I have a pretty reasonable case... but of course I have no idea what to expect from the person at USCIS that will be evaluating my case.

Try not to get lost in all the jibber jabber on here lol...I understand what you're saying and I think GO FOR IT. Send it out instead of waiting a month. You seem to have everything avilable to you at this point (unless stated earlier you find any phone records, credit card receipts or any bank statements with Mexico activity during your visit.) Its a shame you dont have a stamp in your passport but do with what you have. The worst that will happen is you get an RFE and then you will have a specific idea of what the USCIS wants from you..AND it may not add any more time to your waiting then the month you anticipate waiting for this proof in the mail. Try not to worry too much.

Edited by mtrwinder

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think that every case if different but I sent in about six photos of us, copies of pages from our passport, e-ticket itineraries, and visa stamps. Our petition was approved in 19 days with no further information required.

Good luck!

Ayyyyy... I'm so exasperated, I'm soooooo close to sending in my I-129F packet, I was just waiting on a letter from an ex-coworker in Mexico as a piece of relationship/having met in the past two years proof... and I found out that she sent the letter in the regular mail! Mail takes like a month to get here from Mexico! So I'm guessing it will take nearly 3 weeks to arrive, and I don't even necessarily trust that it will arrive here.

I'm wondering if I should just send it out now with what I have instead of waiting almost another month. Maybe somebody can tell me how our proof of having met in the last 2 years is looking:

• 2 plane boarding passes (one entering Mexico, the other leaving Mexico)
  • a couple of receipts
  • 4-5 photos of us together
  • an affidavit from my mother, affirming that she visited me in September 2005 when I was in Mexico and that she met my fiance during the trip

That's all I have. Although I do answer question #18 with a full one-page summary of how we met and our relationship and why we don't have that much "documentable proof" (because we always lived in the same town and at one point were staying with his relatives).

I don't even know how much more bearing the letter from my ex-coworker would have but I feel like I can't wait any longer to send it in!!! I'm going in for a c-sectionon Tuesday to give birth to our son and I wanted to get this part of the process done, but maybe it would be best to wait for the letter from Mexico?????????

K1 Visa Timeline!!

03/03/2006: I-129F sent

03/22/2006: I-129F approved: - 19 days!! :-)

04/06/2006: Package 3 rec'd

04/25/2006: Package 3 sent

Letter received saying our petion has been recalled!!!!

05/26/2006: Medical

7.23.2006"Commitment Ceremony" and celebration bash ie. wedding without the official marriage certificate - It was AMAZING!!!

08/17/2006: I-29F Reapproved

08/23/2006: Reaprroved petition recevied in London: August 23rd.

10/09/2006: Visa Interview

10/11/2006: Visa in hand

10/11/2006: Lee flew to America

Legal wedding ceremony at Boston City Hall: October 13th!

AoS Timeline!!

12/19/2006: Mailed AoS, EAD, and AP

12/22/2006: NOAs for AoS, EAD and AP

01/11/2006: Biometrics Appointment

01/14/2006: Notified by email of AoS case transfer to CSC!!

01/16/2006: AoS and EAD "Touched"

01/20/2006: AoS "Touched"

01/22/2006: AoS "Touched"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.