chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bless me VJ, for I have sinned. It has been over two months since my last VJ confession.

I just had two really thick but really good (had nut morsels in it) peanut butter cookies.

:blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well if you're gonna rub your peanut butter cookies in my face, then I'm gonna rub it in your face that I just had a nice snack of nectarine that will surely be kind to my ever-shrinking waistline! :P:whistle:

(I assume guilt works on you with the whole confessional intro....lol)

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I really need to buy some clothes as I've been wearing the same three pairs of pants that actually fit me now over and over again.

This week I'm going to lay off the treadmill and use the elliptical. My knees have been a little bit sore. I also need new running shoes...my birthday is coming up, so that's what I'll ask for.

Jenn

My knees were getting sore from running - then my trainer taught me how to run properly, shoulders back, arms straight, pointing fingers (to help you maintain straight arms), not pounding feet on the ground etc and it has been much easier on my knees. she also has me taking glucosamine and i bought mizuno running shoes. all of these things seem to be helping, i dont get sore much from running anymore.

also if you do exercises like balancing in a slight squat on one leg on a bosu etc it strengthens around your knee area.

lastly you should ice your knee after running....

hope this helps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well if you're gonna rub your peanut butter cookies in my face, then I'm gonna rub it in your face that I just had a nice snack of nectarine that will surely be kind to my ever-shrinking waistline! :P:whistle:

(I assume guilt works on you with the whole confessional intro....lol)

I'll see your nectarine and raise you the fruit salad my husband made the other night. (it was just so perty I couldn't NOT take a picture of it!)

fruitdessert.jpg

Of course after eating this we both had some Cherry Garcia iced cream (to go with the whole fruit theme) but that's neither here nor there. :blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

This might be off topic but has anyone tried taking parsley for stomachaches? It really works. I've tried sucking on a lemon, sprite, alkaselzer nothing worked until I took parsley. It's good for bloating or feeling weak also. It's a good pick me up herb. You can get em powdered into pills too, I'd of course recommend organic. :thumbs: It was seriously within 5-7 mins the stomach pain went away.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
This might be off topic but has anyone tried taking parsley for stomachaches? It really works. I've tried sucking on a lemon, sprite, alkaselzer nothing worked until I took parsley. It's good for bloating or feeling weak also. It's a good pick me up herb. You can get em powdered into pills too, I'd of course recommend organic.

I would not be surprised; foods have some wonderful things to heal your tummy. I am on my fruit detox regime, I only eat fruit till around noon, and then I try to snack on fruit as much as possible. I also love brown rice, so I live on that, throw some sautéed mushrooms on that rice, some fresh vegs, and I am eating well. I am trying to get healthy in my diet habits, trying to get back to more natural foods, instead of chemicals.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

This might be off topic but has anyone tried taking parsley for stomachaches? It really works. I've tried sucking on a lemon, sprite, alkaselzer nothing worked until I took parsley. It's good for bloating or feeling weak also. It's a good pick me up herb. You can get em powdered into pills too, I'd of course recommend organic.

I would not be surprised; foods have some wonderful things to heal your tummy. I am on my fruit detox regime, I only eat fruit till around noon, and then I try to snack on fruit as much as possible. I also love brown rice, so I live on that, throw some sautéed mushrooms on that rice, some fresh vegs, and I am eating well. I am trying to get healthy in my diet habits, trying to get back to more natural foods, instead of chemicals.

mushrooms are the epitomy of all evil and must therefore be destroyed

I ate taco bell 2nite coz I felt like poo and didn't wanna cook. at least there was lettuce and tomatos, right? :D

i gotta make sure i lose at least 1 pound by next week, I don't wanna start plateauing where I'm at. Something must be in the air coz I just wanna snack snack snack.

I have said it more than once and will continue to say it. There is something about eating an apple for breakfast that gets ur energy going. I didn't hav emy apple most of last week and maaaaaaaaaaaan did I notice a difference. I'm stocked up and ready to finish this week out. TRY IT

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
I really need to buy some clothes as I've been wearing the same three pairs of pants that actually fit me now over and over again.

This week I'm going to lay off the treadmill and use the elliptical. My knees have been a little bit sore. I also need new running shoes...my birthday is coming up, so that's what I'll ask for.

Jenn

My knees were getting sore from running - then my trainer taught me how to run properly, shoulders back, arms straight, pointing fingers (to help you maintain straight arms), not pounding feet on the ground etc and it has been much easier on my knees. she also has me taking glucosamine and i bought mizuno running shoes. all of these things seem to be helping, i dont get sore much from running anymore.

also if you do exercises like balancing in a slight squat on one leg on a bosu etc it strengthens around your knee area.

lastly you should ice your knee after running....

hope this helps

I think going to one of those stores where they tell you what show you should be wearing would be a good start. I have 3-year-old New Balances, and I don't think they're doing the trick. Especially because I have a tendency to wear out the inner soles of my shoes.

Icing would be a good idea. But what a pain at work, you know? But it is important...

:crying: OMG ^^^ I want to buy shoes for you now why do you do that wearing the soles out!! aWWWW that's what my grandpa used to do!!

Also those small fennal seeds if you chew on them they help with stomach pain. Once I find something natural and healing I gotta tell the whole world .

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

i've walked 2500 steps today! woot

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I was up in McCall this week Mom, Uncle Tom, and I all ate McDougall. It's vegitarian w/no oils and immediatly I started feeling better! I had better energy then I've had in a long time and I felt thinner after the first day. I came back and weighed myself and I lost 3.5 lbs in one week on this diet without exercising! After one week the program really worked! Maybe I really can lose 15lbs. a month like the book says? I am so excited and I love having this energy and the food is actually tasty!

The best part is I don't have to count calories. I can eat as much as I want and I don't get hungry and I still lose weight!

I'm going to doing my walking in the morning with my cousin, Abby, again and I'm going to workout at the gym M-F with my gf, Erin, who has the same membership as I do! I am so excited I found a diet that actually works for me and I'm really going to be able to achieve me weight loss goals!

Oh and Jenn you should replace your running shoes every six months & go to a shoe store for runners. I've been many times and they really are a blessing to my knees! Keep up the good work on the running! I know how wonderful it feels to achieve this. I prefer New Balance as well.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I wonder how much I set myself back after all of the excess over this past weekend. :unsure:

I was at a friend's wedding. And I wanted to enjoy myself and didn't give a second thought to what I was eating! But you know, I really DID enjoy myself, and especially the food. :D

Now back to the gym and back to watching my diet. And you know, I don't even feel guilty for being so bad! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.