nicole/philip

approvals in less than 2 months

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello fellow vj'ers,

i hope everybody is having a nice holiday season even though we are all (well, most of us actually) waiting to be together with our love one soon. as i read through some of the timelines in the board, i noticed that some of our very lucky (and i mean VERY lucky) members (you know who you are) got their petitions approved faster than most here. i was just wondering how they did it and how did that happen. any input on this will be greatly appreciated. congrats to all of you. i know the "journey" is still not over until you actually have your SO sitting comfortably beside you. good luck to all of us. thank you for your attention. HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!

hello fellow vj'ers,

i hope everybody is having a nice holiday season even though we are all (well, most of us actually) waiting to be together with our love one soon. as i read through some of the timelines in the board, i noticed that some of our very lucky (and i mean VERY lucky) members (you know who you are) got their petitions approved faster than most here. i was just wondering how they did it and how did that happen. any input on this will be greatly appreciated. congrats to all of you. i know the "journey" is still not over until you actually have your SO sitting comfortably beside you. good luck to all of us. thank you for your attention. HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!

I have no clue how this works. Back in March everybody so many people were approved so fast! especially at VSC...so did I ...but slower than others too...drove me nuts back then but I felt pretty lucky compared to other service centers...Honestly...this is so random..I think it might just be luck...or something

Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think it's depending on the SO's country. I think Cuba is one of the fastest approval rate.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I thought ours went extremely fast, back in the day. Just didn't seem so fast when we were going through it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow! All these beautiful wedding photos! *Jealous*

And as far as being fast.... I read the same things... seeing people who applied in May almost done with the entire process and we are still sitting at the NVC... I'd say ours is on "SLOW" mode, but I really do not think there is anything specific people are or are not doing to make theirs move faster than others, because if there was.... I'd do it!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing (221g)

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

02/06/08 VISA arrives!!!!!!!

04/01/08 My honey arrives in the US!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

10/10/08 AP received

10/15/08 Work Permit received

1/24/09 Green Card Received

Timeline
hello fellow vj'ers,

I have no clue how this works. Back in March everybody so many people were approved so fast! especially at VSC...so did I ...but slower than others too...drove me nuts back then but I felt pretty lucky compared to other service centers...Honestly...this is so random..I think it might just be luck...or something

hi kinzaza,

i understand that back in january thru may, it was faster then. but the cases that i saw was just filed in mid-september and early october. but i guess it's really just luck of the draw. thanks for your reply.

Timeline
I think it's depending on the SO's country. I think Cuba is one of the fastest approval rate.

hi thaistyle,

i was thinking the same thing. could it really depend on the beneficiary's country? thanks for the reply.

hi kinzaza,

i understand that back in january thru may, it was faster then. but the cases that i saw was just filed in mid-september and early october. but i guess it's really just luck of the draw. thanks for your reply.

Yes...I did check the timelines not long ago...VSC is just as slow as any others now. I do hope you'll get approved soon.

I ended up extending my NOA2 ;) Life is a weird thing...and all that happens....happens for the best...

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think there are things you can do to cut corners. It's preached so much on here, I'm sure everyone already does it. Beyond that, it's the luck of the draw. Maybe some offices or embassies have more employees or something, a better system, more operating hours, whatever. But, in the end, there isn't much to do but sit and wait.

I think those who automatically jump on that call your senator or other elected official bandwagon, actually hurt others by slowing down the process.

And, in all fairness, our case did go a bit faster cause Andre was able to drop off some things at the embassy that you now have to have a scheduled appointment to do, and these appointments are sometimes impossible to get. There have been some rule changes in the last 2 years that have effected those in Jamaica after us, and not in the good way. I hate the thought of that.

I really feel for all of you still waiting. If there was anything I could do, I would. For now, I just hope and pray for speedy journeys for all of you.

Thanks so much for your picture comment. It's probably the best picture I've ever taken. I could not be happier about that. You are too sweet to say your kind words.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi thaistyle,

i was thinking the same thing. could it really depend on the beneficiary's country? thanks for the reply.

You are very welcome. Good luck to you and Happy New Year.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline
Wow! All these beautiful wedding photos! *Jealous*

And as far as being fast.... I read the same things... seeing people who applied in May almost done with the entire process and we are still sitting at the NVC... I'd say ours is on "SLOW" mode, but I really do not think there is anything specific people are or are not doing to make theirs move faster than others, because if there was.... I'd do it!

same here jenk.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's called money...or being sponsored by a job most of the time...lol

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
It's called money...or being sponsored by a job most of the time...lol

How is that relative to early I-129f approvals????????

Money? There is no premium processing for extra money! And sponsored by a job for an I-129f??? I don't think so!

OP - Earlier in the year things were a lot quicker at both service centers, moreso at VSC. VSC used to service less states than they do now. In March (I think) USCIS announced fee increases that would take effect July 30, 2007. In conjunction with the fee increase they divided up the states more equally between CSC and VSC. In anticipation of the fee increase numerous people tried to beat the fee increase, and petitions that have processing deadlines sooner that the supposed 6 months for I-129 f were prioritized, causing a huge backlog with our petitions.

Regarding the quickie approvals in Sept. & Oct., those were the luck of the draw. VSC explained that for training purposes they pull petitions out of order for adjudication.

Also, as others have mentioned, Cuban beneficiaries are afforded excellerated processing, and expedited processing is also available for US military members who are facing deployment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It's all luck of the draw - when you filed, where you filed, how many petitions were filed, and whether or not there were any major legislation changes around the time of filing.

It took us seven days to get approved when we filed the K-1 in 2005. This was pre-IMBRA, pre new fees, pre everything. That is how much of a difference there is and how important these factors are.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
It took us seven days to get approved when we filed the K-1 in 2005. This was pre-IMBRA, pre new fees, pre everything. That is how much of a difference there is and how important these factors are.

OMG!! :blink:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.